Pilothouse build ?'s 1978 Wellcraft Nova 250

fishnfool101380

Seaman Apprentice
Thread starter
Joined
Jun 7, 2015
Messages
32
Have you considered reinforced concrete ? :lol: Just kidding


You may want to try some cad software -- such as google sketch up

- Just curious -- Have you considered a canvas top and or sides ?

I pulled off a hard top with isinglass enclosure, was not happy with it.
 

fishnfool101380

Seaman Apprentice
Thread starter
Joined
Jun 7, 2015
Messages
32
Ayuh,..... Welcome Aboard,.... I'd be concerned with all that weight so high up,....

I went with an aluminum frame, 'n canvas,....
Completely dry, 'n warm in the colder times of year, as I use a cabin heater,...

100_3925.jpg



I basically had the same set up, Time for a change
 

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
Joined
Oct 16, 2012
Messages
8,743
More dream pics....
 

Attachments

  • 5 pilot houseThe Building of a Tolman Alaskan Skiff.pdf
    683.1 KB · Views: 0
  • 6 pilot hse cont The Building of a Tolman Alaskan Skiff.pdf
    813.2 KB · Views: 0
  • 7 pilot hse cont The Building of a Tolman Alaskan Skiff.pdf
    562.1 KB · Views: 0

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
Joined
Oct 16, 2012
Messages
8,743
keep looking, researching, saving ideas that will eventually let you design a pilot house that fits you're needs and boat.
 

Mikeopsycho

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Joined
Feb 6, 2014
Messages
738
I like it. You'd probably want the side windows to open for ventilation. Are you planning to close in the back of the cabin and put in a door?
 

fishnfool101380

Seaman Apprentice
Thread starter
Joined
Jun 7, 2015
Messages
32
I could not agree more, the three front windows will hinge and open forward with gas shocks and the two forward side windows will be sliders. I must have air moving.

I have not decided on the back wall with door yet. I am thinking leave it open for the time being and construct the house in such a manner that adding the back wall later on down the road would be a breeze if I so decided.
 

Mikeopsycho

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Joined
Feb 6, 2014
Messages
738
Sounds like a plan. It'll be interesting to follow along when you get started.
 
Top