Pictures for Wildcat.jgs

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
2m5fdzb.jpg

471pcfn.jpg

49gfgxg.jpg

Re: Pictures for Wildcat.jgs

The above pictures are of the wildcat that i'm currently restoring-the red example at the top is what i aim to achieve. currently removing all the foam from the floor replacing this with marine ply and layered fibreglass-engine will be something around the 130hp outboard-also I am building a screen from scratch with aluminium profiles-anyway any info on rated horsepowers transom weight and original examples of this outboard version of the wildcat would be tremedously helpful-does anyone know the design history etc

Stumedic

Petty Officer 3rd Class

I have a Wildcat in my marina in the slip next to me no less. What are the chances of finding 2 winners (I have an 18'cc) in the same marina? The guy who owns it is just letting it sit there and decay. Too bad. I'll take a look at it and see if i can find any builders of USCG info. Stu

Stu,
Thanks for your message-i've looked at your 18cc hell of a nice boat-nothing like the mess mine is currently in...
photos of this wildcat in your marina would be so useful-I can put the hull back to it's original glory. Floor and foam all out now marine ply going down with fibreglass matt over the top-
April will have screen on
may hope to be gettin wet
Any info on rated horsepower and transom weight as mention before would be great.
will keep check of this forum
Thanks Again

JC

STU

STU

Have been checking the forum-waiting to hear if you found any info on that wildcat in your marina-I can imagine times are busy-like here but when you get a moment any info would be so appreciated

James

dazid1

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Guys, does anyone know the difference between the wildcat and the cobra, I may have thr wrong end of the stick, but the top boat is a wildcat, and the one being restored, is that not a cobra. Any info would be apreciated.

Daz

Guys, does anyone know the difference between the wildcat and the cobra, I may have thr wrong end of the stick, but the top boat is a wildcat, and the one being restored, is that not a cobra. Any info would be apreciated.

Daz

Daz,
I very irregularly get the chance to check this forum-to kinda answer your question
The Boat being restored above I'm assured is a wildcat also the inboard version in red is an earlier model of this boat. I have seen a number of what I call Wildcat's advertised in the U.k as Cobra's however i assume this is a mistake. The cobra I thought was a 16ft version of the hull without moulding around the front screen. the screen sits directly ontop the top deck. Hope that helps-With regards to the other above topic any further info on the Wildcat would be most appreciated
Floor in now currently having a spray job

JC

dazid1

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Thats what I thought, all the ones advertised as Cobras are flat like the boat being restored, without the raised bit as you pointed out. Do you know what year they changed?
Mine I believe is a 1972, like the red one but pale blue, it is undergoing a sort of restoration at the moment ( slowley) I am having problems with enthusiasm at the moment.
Daz

76SRV190

Cadet

You wanted some info on the Winner boat company.

go to fiberglassics.com, click on boat info, brochures and literature and they have a history of the company.

I believe your boat had a maximum horsepower rating of 120 if it was an outboard but I have a 1969 Wildcat that has had a 175 horse Merc Black Max on it since the motor came out in the mid 1970's. The transom was reinforced to accomodate the weight of the motor but we've never had a problem because of being over the rated power except for getting it insured.

They are great little boats and it has been used as a ski boat it's whole life. It has been in my wife's family since new and I learned to ski behind it after I met her.

Thanks for your info 76SRV190.

The boat is pretty much finished- apart from engine.-i even built a screen taking dimensions off another winner wildcat.

A respray and retrim have also helped-next is to power her.

further advice is welcome i'm either going for a 115 Evenrude etec or a

115 yamaha fourstroke-is this underpowered for skiing??

need help to upload pics again files exceed allowed capacity

Forsaken

Cadet

the red boat up top, is that a wildcat? because it has all the same features as my marauder, or is my boat really a marauder? i feel with the limited information on these boats, could it be possible that my boat is a wildcat? how do you know? what are key features to look for?

finally here it is no engine yet but done up

i built the screen with a lot of help from scatch

Attachments

• winner.JPG
    winner.JPG
    19.8 KB · Views: 0

dazid1

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Trying to post a picture of mine but don;t know how.

recoil

Petty Officer 3rd Class

stic
STA60001.jpg
k
with it m8 we had i lot of work to do on this but its well worth it

KennethF

Recruit

Daz
i have a 69 cobra in great original shape. if i can give you some information off of it just e/mail me

KennethF

Recruit

Daz,
I very irregularly get the chance to check this forum-to kinda answer your question
The Boat being restored above I'm assured is a wildcat also the inboard version in red is an earlier model of this boat. I have seen a number of what I call Wildcat's advertised in the U.k as Cobra's however i assume this is a mistake. The cobra I thought was a 16ft version of the hull without moulding around the front screen. the screen sits directly ontop the top deck. Hope that helps-With regards to the other above topic any further info on the Wildcat would be most appreciated
Floor in now currently having a spray job

JC
I have a 1969 cobra that everything on it is original and the boat and engine is in great shape all the gauges in it still work. It has a inboard 120hp. merc. cruiser. All it needs is seats and carpet. Do you know what kind of seats was in it. It has been in dry storage for yrs.