pic test

62_Kiwi

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Re: pic test

Ebbtide - no, I've never seen or heard of that stuff around here. It sounds good though - most strong hand cleaners just replace one smell with another. Petrol / gasoline works well - as long as you're a non-smoker LOL!.<br /><br />My boat has a cuddy cabin too. My wife insisted that any boat we bought must have a cabin. The truth is we hardly ever go in there - but it's good for storing things like charts, spare lifejackets, clothing etc. They are of course good for sleep-overs and general shelter if you need it. I personally prefer being out in the action, but if having a cabin makes my family feel safer, then so be it.

MGuckin

Senior Chief Petty Officer

boatpost2.jpg

Ross J

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Hey man, thats one impressive looking girl. Ops, I'm turning green with envy.....help I'm turning into a monster......Oh my god I'm going to have to get a bigger boat.....What's that dear......yes 2 foot fever is here.....<br />Ross<br /><br />PS - I like the picnic spot right beside the boat. Now how'd you get your wife to OK that??

MGuckin

Picnic spot was there first and than the boat came. What she didn't really care for was the 600 gallon "Garden" pond ;) I put in and stocked it with minnows.<br />Mike

62_Kiwi

Lieutenant Junior Grade

This is my baby, just returned from a fishing trip. She's a Bonito 585 Profisher (19 footer), designed and built in NZ. She has made one other "cameo" appearance on this board - but only in the background of a boat ramp shot.<br /><br />Amazing that there's no cat in this photo...<br /><br />
BOAT.JPG

Ross J

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Hey man thats one impressive lady. I'll bet you could go wherever you like on the water with that baby! Clean, tidy and thats returning from a trip too! Is that a 4x4 towing that baby? <br />Your family is blessed to have such a nice beby......<br />I will catch you out on the water one day.<br />Bye the way my call sign is ZMV5563 "Finally" just in case you're listening one day soon.<br />Ross.

62_Kiwi

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Thanks for your kind comments Ross & Schematic. Yes it is a versatile boat, water skis well too and yes the car is a 4x4 Ford Explorer 4L V6 (a good tow car BTW). I agree - all families who have a boat are blessed.<br /><br />Ross - Congrats on getting the call sign. I've been meaning to do the course and get one too for ages now. I'd better get my 'A' into 'G'. I'll listen out for you (even though I'm not allowed to answer yet...) :)

derwood

Chief Petty Officer

i am digitaly challenged. but i realy have got to learn how to do this picture stuff. yall said to get some web space. what the h#ll is that anyway.(see what i mean) my e-mail address is derwood@sum.net someone send me a picture posts for dummies mannul. and please... keep it simple.<br /> thanks in advance derwood.<br />P.S. i'll make it worth its weight in laughs.

MGuckin

derwood,<br />You need a place on the internet to upload and store your pictures to from your computer. Try this website. http://www.fishingworks.com/user_registration.cfm <br />Its free. Register than build a photo album. Directions are there. The rest of what to do is posted here by 12footer.<br />Mike <br /> :)

D

DJ

MGUCKIN,<br /><br />Nice rig! Is that an Islander or Cheiftain? Innie or Outie?

MGuckin

djohns19,<br />Thank you. It is an 1976 Islander I think. Doesn't say on title and I can't find a good enough picture online to further the identification. Any ideas on identifying it? Got a 1984 150 Evinrude hung on it. I had to do a full restoration on it, no interior but motor ran pretty good. Hull had been stripped to bare aluminum. Plate says rated for 9 passengers and 150 max hp. I have it rigged to seat 4 plus the cabin. Rocket launcher will hold 7 rods. Also just rigged 4 outriggers today on it.<br />Mike<br /> :) <br />
boatpost.jpg

62_Kiwi

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Nice looking boat Mike. What size is she, 20 foot ? What sort of speed do you get at WOT ?

Ross J

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Nice boat Mike, look like she'd take a bit of heavy wheather as well. I like the high sides, she's a busy looking boat. What do you use her for mainly?<br />Ross

MGuckin

Thanks,<br />It is an 18'. Use for river and bays mostly. It is strictly a fishing boat and yes it is very busy or as my wife says, too much **** but she loves to fish. Also have bimini and full aft canvas. With more than 2 people on the boat the supports for the bimini get in the way. I came up with a free standing support system for the top which helped a little. I wanted to put a permanent hard top on it but couldn't find anything economical to do it with.<br />WOT by GPS = 51 mph with just me onboard but it drank lots of fuel. I normally run around 30-35 mph.<br />It will take some water but it tends to roll and does not like wind. Too much boat out of the water for its draft.<br />Can't complain including original package price, I have about $2000.00 invested. <br />Mike<br /> :)

MGuckin

My puddle jumper. 1973 12'fiberglass Seacrest.
ACF2CE.jpg

D

DJ

MG,<br /><br />I believe that is a "Chieftain". The Islanders had a much lower cabin (cuddy) area. The Chieftains cuddy was much more useable for anything other than just storage. Todays Starcraft Islander is actually closer to the older Chieftains.<br /><br />Nice Boat. :D <br /><br />You're right about "her" acting like a sail in crosswinds. There is alot of boat for the wind to catch and they sit very high in the water. There is relatively very little weight for the displacement of the hull.<br /><br />One trick I used to use to stabilize while trolling perpendicular to a breeze was to throw out a drift sock.. It will slow your side slip and take the abruptness out of the roll.

MGuckin

I have confirmed that it is a Chieftain. Says on the spec plate. Duh. Never thought to look there.<br />Thanks for the compliment.<br />Mike<br /> :)

derwood

Chief Petty Officer

nice puddel jumper mg. i have one close to the same size that i and a freind are fixen up. its a owachita 16fter. i will put up a picture soon of it all messed up so i can show the boat at its end condition. we are going to put new foam down and replace the decks and put in a center console. my freind has the same boat and its already been done like this. awlsome little devil. it had all kinds of space eating crap in it. me and my trusty chainsaw took care of all that.the center con. and new deck realy opens the little boat up for space. tommorow i get to pick up the shade tree special from the boat doctor. i'll take some pictures and post em so you guys can see a true rednecks yacht. be kind...don't laugh to hard, it might hurt the poor girls feelings. ;) <br /> derwood