Paint job!

oregon00

Seaman Apprentice
hey,

I have a 16 foot tri hull and I want to get it painted. It needs body work on the fiberglass on the bottom of it. A good bit of sanding will be required as well. Could anyone give me a good estimate on how much this is going to cost me? There is a local marine shop that I can go to that does it but I would loke to get an idea before I take it over there. Thanks!

erikgreen

Captain
Re: Paint job!

Did you check the responses to the other thread you started? The admins frown on duplicate posting....

oregon00

Seaman Apprentice

yes i did but someone reccomended i start a thread on here...

Tail_Gunner

Admiral

Greeting's you may want to Pm a mod and ask him to delete this post and pull you other post to this thread. You will receive lots of help.

jcsercsa

Captain

Hi , well I not the expert here on the painting, I am working on mine right now , sanding , getting ready to paint , but what I have read and what I have done on mine I would say 1500 to 2500 , depends on how much work you have to do ?? John

Tubingluvr

Chief Petty Officer

Painting a boat is very labor intensive it can be quite costly to pay someone to do it.
However it can be done quite economically if you do it yourself.
I like a one part polyurethane myself check out westmarine.com
Interlux and petit brands run $43 a quart and west marine has their own brand which is just as good but comes in limited color selection for $35 a quart.
This type of paint is very forgiving and can be brushed or rolled and you will never be able to tell.