Outrageous Postal stamp...

KaGee

Admiral
Got this in an email this morning... somebody, please tell me this is another "urban legend".<br />
How ironic is this??!! They don't even believe in Christ and they're getting their own Christmas stamp, but don't dream of posting the ten commandments on federal property? <br /><br />USPS New Stamp <br />
Stamp.jpg

Mrs Soulwinner

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Outrageous Postal stamp...

I saw it some time ago...I hope its bogus! What a place this world is becoming! :rolleyes:

revertmastec

Petty Officer 1st Class

NO urban lengend. If you want to buy one click here.<br /><br /> Stamp

KaGee

Admiral

Then that really is outrageous! ARRRGGGH! :mad:

NYMINUTE

Captain

Terrific, next we will have the OJ simpson 10th Anniversary stamp. Oh is political correctness a thing of beauty?

KennyKenCan

Commander

Al-Quida has infiltrated the USPS!!<br /><br />Oh-no! :D

gaugeguy

Captain

There will be a problem with that stamp...<br /><br />It won't stick to the envelope cause people will be spitting on the wrong side :p

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

What?? :confused: <br /><br />All I see is a black rectangle. What is on the stamp?

gaugeguy

Captain

Looks arabic to me (hope its not Yiddish :confused: )

revertmastec

Petty Officer 1st Class

If you notice the stamp actually came out a year after Sept. 11th.

tcube

Petty Officer 1st Class

It is not a Christmas stamp - it is a holiday commemorative of EID: "EID-UL-FITR is celebrated on the first day of Shaw'waal, at the completion of Ramadan. Shaw'waal is the 10th month of the Islamic calendar. The Eid-al-Fitr is a very joyous day; it is a true Thanksgiving Day for the believing men and women. On this day Muslims show their real joy for the health, strength and the opportunities of life, which Allah has given to them to fulfill their obligation of fasting and other good deeds during the blessed month of Ramadan"<br /><br />Not a whole lot different than our Thanksgiving. <br /><br />There are other holiday commenoratives available like: Hanukkah and Lunar New Year - also not Christian observances.

KennyKenCan

Commander

Oh, so as long as it doesn't have a Christian reference to it, then its OK?<br /><br />I don't think so!<br /><br />This is total BS!

spratt

Lieutenant

Originally posted by gaugeguy:<br /> There will be a problem with that stamp...<br /><br />It won't stick to the envelope cause people will be spitting on the wrong side :p
GG. LOVE them Penguins!!! I am ROTFLMREO!!!!!

NYMINUTE

Captain

Originally posted by kenimpzoom:<br /> Correct me if I am wrong, but isnt there Easter stamps and Christmas stamps?
Yes I think so, not to mention those Easter and Christmas Seals.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

To think that the terrorist radical extremists represent Islam is like thinking that the KKK and neo-Nazi movement represent Christianity.<br /><br />Chill out people! There are thousands, maybe even millions of good, AMERICAN Muslims.<br /><br />Hate is the destroyer of haters.

oddjob

Commander

I live in one of the worlds culturaly diverse areas and I'm very tolerant of our differences. However, I do not know any nice muslim peoples. The ones I do see do not make any eye contact or conversation when ingaged. Oh, there was one guy here at work ...hes gone now....he told me there would be many american body bags when the war started I that we americans were making a big mistake. It was the first and last conversation I ever had with him. We always greeted each other in passing. I think the FBI came and got him.

KaGee

Admiral

Yes, JB, you are the voice of reason as usual.<br /><br />Still, it is a valid point that those who want to de-religionize any holiday in the public square, find this sort of thing acceptable.

phatmanmike

Captain

you people are outrageous ! what about all the crimes against americans by other AMERICANS.<br /><br />what about christians blowing up doctors offices. chirstians killing christians. christians killing people.<br /><br />"im killing for god".. yeah right.<br /><br />this was coppied from a link just above:<br />Dear Fellow Patriotic Americans, <br /><br />REMEMBER the MUSLIM bombing of PanAm Flight 103,<br />REMEMBER the MUSLIM bombing of the World Trade Center in 1993,<br />REMEMBER the MUSLIM bombing of the Marine Barracks in Lebanon,<br />REMEMBER the MUSLIM bombing of the military Barracks in Saudi Arabia,<br />REMEMBER the MUSLIM bombing of the American Embassies in Africa,<br />REMEMBER the MUSLIM bombing of the USS COLE.<br />REMEMBER the MUSLIM attack on the World Trade Center on 9/11/01.<br />REMEMBER all the AMERICAN lives that were lost in those vicious MUSLIM attacks<br /><br />if my math serves me correct, i count 8. i undertsand its very easy to hate every person from the nation of sand because of this, but if you are gonna go living your life by hating everybody from the sand nation that has killed one of your fellow christian americans, than you need to spread that thinking(if thats what you call it) to everybody. you should hate muslims. you should hate christians. you should hate jews.<br /><br />hell, if you spread it far enough, you'll end up hating yourselves.<br /><br />none of you, none of us , nobody is a "american", except all of the natives that were raped, killed and forced off their land so we could build condos and golf courses. every one of us including myself are on somebody elses land, and only because the white man had more physical power and force. not because they were smarter or better.<br /><br />if you are here in this country legally and are an official citizen, then you have every right to celebrate anything you want, whether i like it or not, or anybody else for that matter.<br /><br />if there are muslim american citizens, they have the exact same right to celebrate anything they wish. or is it just the fact that "they aint like you, so lets hate em!" <br /><br />your neck is turning red<br /><br />thats my 2 cent rant !!!<br /><br />have a nice day

lakelivin

Lieutenant Junior Grade

The USPS appears to be an equal opportunity agency. They've got Christmas (Madonna and Child), Hanukkah, and Kwanzaa stamps as well.