Out Of Control Employers (rant)

mellowyellow

Vice Admiral
Re: Out Of Control Employers (rant)

hiring is a whole diff. story ken, he fired<br />current employees...

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

MY, you are right, I dont like him firing employees that were hired before his new policy.<br /><br />Ken

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

All companies can/do implement new rules/guidelines, and all employees have to confirm to them.<br /><br />Ex. If you hired into a company that was a no tie company and then 5 years down the road they implemented that all men had to wear a tie, then you would be required to wear a tie or leave.

JasonJ

Rear Admiral

MY, the customers knew they smoked because they would invariably get out of the truck with a smoke stuck in their food hole, toss it on the street, or driveway, grind it out, and walk up to the customer, reeking of smoke. That is the first impression they got. Body fat is a big deal when a customer is watching you drag a hose around their house, panting and wheezing, or can't fit in the crawl space hole, can't get back up through an interior crawlspace hole because they can't lift their own girth. These are just a few of the comments we recieve from customers. Then they cannot help but wonder if the service itself has suffered, because they feel if the technician can't take care of themselves, how can they be expected to take care of the customer?<br /><br />All you have to do is consider this: Do you have more faith in the articulate, neat, professional plumber that fixed your pipes than you do with the fat, dirty, inarticulate plumber that cursed the whole time? <br /><br />Here is the simple truth with my business. The customer is dramatically more likely to complain and call us back if they got a poor 1st impression of the technician, period. It is proven fact. Its all about making the customer happy, bottom line. Part of the service we provide is the personal interaction with the customer, and customers trust clean, trim, neat, professional service providers over sketchy, fat, smelly ones. Don't you?

mellowyellow

Vice Admiral

JJ said:<br />"MY, the customers knew they smoked because they would invariably get out of the truck with a smoke stuck in their food hole, toss it on the street, or driveway, grind it out, and walk up to the customer, reeking of smoke..."<br /><br />this guy's not too bright then JJ.<br /><br />"All you have to do is consider this: Do you have more faith in the articulate, neat, professional plumber that fixed your pipes than you do with the fat, dirty, inarticulate plumber that cursed the whole time"<br /><br />forget "faith"... I care more about the quality<br />of the work done.<br /><br />you can be articulate, neat, well sopken, professional<br />and still smoke and be overweight!<br /><br />one has NOTHING to do with the other JJ...

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

SBN, I would never wear a tie!<br /><br />I agree with you now, and I a flip flopper?<br /><br />Anyway, if an employer doesnt want me to work there, I would not sue to get my job back.<br /><br />Move on people, if you are a good employee you have nothing to worry about.<br /><br />Ken

mellowyellow

Vice Admiral

so then fat people are just slobs that do shoddy<br />work, while thin people always are neat and do a<br />better job???

NYMINUTE

Captain

Originally posted by mellowyellow:<br /> so then fat people are just slobs that do shoddy<br />work, while thin people always are neat and do a<br />better job???
But we are NOT to PROFILE??? Will we then deport fat, sloppy, smokers, and put restrictions on all remaining imigrants that they must be lean, clean, breathing machines.

mellowyellow

Vice Admiral

all of this could be solved with embryo gene<br />therapy... all babies would be good looking,<br />blonde haired/blue eyes with thin/muscular bodies<br />with a minimum IQ and really good teeth...

spratt

Lieutenant

Smoking is a recreation for many folks, not an addiction. Food is a hobby for some, not their lifelong ambition to stay alive!!! No employer hads the right to fire someone without at least giving them the opportunity to enter a company sponsored treatment program, and I know this jerk is doing some of that, but to FIRE folks for it? Wonder how Hitler would have handled it? Everyone wear brown shirts, grow a small mustache (sorry ladies, that leaves you out so you are terminated (literally?) and salute him with your arm fully extended whenever he passes by...and watch it, or you might become a lampshade in his office!!!!!!!

NYMINUTE

Captain

Originally posted by mellowyellow:<br /> all of this could be solved with embryo gene<br />therapy... all babies would be good looking,<br />blonde haired/blue eyes with thin/muscular bodies<br />with a minimum IQ and really good teeth...
teu31.gif
Please tell me the girls won't be muscular? And when can they start working to replace the fat, sloppy ugly smokers.

NYMINUTE

Captain

Just a thought! <br /> What will happen to the Adkins group, Jenny Craig, Slimfast, all the tobacco employess, Nicoban, and the infomercials on the back water channels. <br />This will surely swell the unemployment lines. Next the health carriers, and physicans will refuse to care for anyone fat, smokes, or just plum ugly.

Twidget

Commander

Twidget=fat, Twidgets coworker=thin. Ask my customers who they would prefer. :) It aint the skinny guy.

fixin

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Let's say you worked for a company for 25 years,Starting Monday all employees must have blue eyes,yours are brown.<br />What's the difference?

Terry H

Lieutenant Commander

This is very revealing...most of you are not employers, take your pick...you are fat, ugly, or smoke like a 2 stroke outboard motor...and you think someone owes you a job... :D :D <br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.don't take this too seriously 'cause I'm just kidding

Dunaruna

Admiral

Its coming whether we like it or not, all these types of bans and restrictions.<br /><br />Smoking kills - taxpayers foot the bill. I'm don't agree with this guys policy but I believe it is inevidable - one day.<br /><br />Besides, LF said 'fart in a church', now thats news!<br /><br />Aldo

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

OK here is the difference.<br /><br />Smoking and overweight is your choice. I am about 80 lbs overweight and I choose to maintain it. If I want to, I could lose it. Smoking is a choice. You chose to begin smoking and became addicted. You can become un-addicted. My father has smoked off and on for 40 years. Stopped for 6 months one time, now started again. He can choose to quit, he just doesnt want to.<br /><br />Eye color is not a choice. Unless you wear colored contacts.<br /><br />Ken

wajajaja

Chief Petty Officer

to be UNION IS TO HAVE "DIGNITY"<br /><br />this employer lack respect for his workforce as people. he see them only as a means of production like a machine,disposable.

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

Unions bully employers. Tell me how that makes things better?<br /><br />And if you think about it, the only reason employers hire people to work is cause there is not a machine that can do it.<br /><br />I am a machine and disposable, I can handle it.<br /><br />Ken

Link

Rear Admiral

BTW I was outrage when I first read about this yesterday. Until I thought about it awhile.<br /><br />Do I agree with this guys decision? No, I think it was a poor choice.<br />Does he have the right to do it? Yes<br />Why? Its his company to run his way.<br /><br />We have a "Hooters" Sports bar down the road.<br />Apply all you want but if your a 5' 4" young gal and weigh in at 150lbs. Your not going to get hired. Fair? I think so.