Old-puter nerds -- your all time Favorite video game?

JasonB

Lieutenant
Re: Old-puter nerds -- your all time Favorite video game?

Lemmings, spacewar, the entire King's Quest and Space Quest series, the original Sim City and Tetris. Oh the hours I wasted as a kid.....

oddjob

Commander

at the arcade:<br />Star Gate<br />tetris<br />tank 3d\<br /><br />atari:<br />frogger<br />adventure games<br /><br />computer:<br />most basic games, still have a bunch.<br />golf<br />Corncob WWII corsair flight simulater

f_inscreenname

Commander

What was that one where you had three cities at the bottom of the screen and you had to shoot down the missiles that were fired at them from the top of the screen. The arcade version had the ball to control aiming point. ?????Missile Command????. Just to show my age. I remember when my neighbor got a Pong game when they first came out. Two lines and a dot =waiting and sometimes fighting for your turn at the knob, hours of fun.

blacktie

Petty Officer 2nd Class

yeah...I remember when pong came out too...<br /><br />on the old c64's, there was a combat sim based on the Apache helicopter...can't remember the name, but It was pretty cool. Flew sorties, got medals, etc.

ae708

Chief Petty Officer

Had to have a cassette drive for the C64 'cuz it didn't have a hard drive... man how we've progressed in just a few years.

Link

Rear Admiral

Oh man 12 Footer... Blast from the past. Vic20s and commie-door 64s a stack of 1541s and plenty of time to drink coffee or take in a movie after <br />"Load 8,1,*".... :) <br />Also did the morse code thing and also wrote a program to wire up a electric dart board at home.<br />Now you can buy a dart board for 20 bucks!<br /><br />Beam Rider, Chop Lifter, astroids, Beach-Head and the rest of them...ah now Im missing my 64 :( <br /><br />Great Topic :cool:

Link

Rear Admiral

Had to make another post on this one. When stationed in Korea a friend of mine wrote "I think" the first ever duty roster program. Once the word got out every First Seargent in the country wanted it. This was back in the Vic20 and tape drive days AGGGG