Old Fabric Seat Restore

lakshmi369

Seaman Apprentice
Before giving up on an old boat set of seats give it a shot cleaning them. My 1963 Hydroswift had been sitting in an empty field for I don't know how long. The seats were a velvet like material but GAMEY! Moss was literally growing out of the fabric. Dust covered it so thickly the seats looked faded, grey and unusable. Being a restoredon't replace (aka Cheapskate) I took a putty knife to the moss, used a broom to sweep off the dust and than vacuumed. It looked possible at that point. From there two trips to the car wash.....scrub brush found a new use! Two vacumings and water repelling treatment and viola. Not bad....IMAG0151.jpg IMAG0159.jpg

greenbush future

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Old Fabric Seat Restore

Looks like they are cleaned up nice for you, let's hope the foam isn't already crumbling under the "velvet covers" . They tend to do that when not protected from mother nature.

mercurymang

Master Chief Petty Officer

Man, you got any other pics of that boat?

Gator1996

Petty Officer 1st Class

I'd like to see more pictures also. The interior of the boat looks crazy sweet. Excellent job on the seats also.

ssdale

Starmada Splash of the Year 2016

More pictures of entire Boat - NOW- Please!!! Congrats on not giving up on those seats! Be hard to ever get a resto just right-especially in red.

sphelps

Supreme Mariner

Nice job cleaning up the seats ! Now quit teasing us and and show us pics of the whole boat please !:)

lakshmi369

Seaman Apprentice

I think I may have lucked out on the foam issue. Underneath the fabric was that horse hair type material and metal springs. I fear it will not last forever tho.

lakshmi369

Seaman Apprentice

IMAG0352.jpg

Full interior picture.
IMAG0260.jpg

We had to make the back seat from scratch.

lakshmi369

Seaman Apprentice

IMAG0343.jpg
Red!
IMAG0297.jpg
My favorite part of the HydroSwift is the awesome hardtop. It was luck to find one.

lakshmi369

Seaman Apprentice

Love the 1963. I am working on getting a period motor now. Found a 1961 Scott motor. I saw in IBoats flyers one had a Scott-McCollough I like that look.