OK, So Where Is The Predicted.....................

NOSLEEP

Commander
Re: OK, So Where Is The Predicted.....................

"I truly believe guns have no strong importance in<br />our society".<br /><br />Your right. no sense and debating a statement <br />like that. :rolleyes:

pjc

Lieutenant Commander

Matt, I do believe that guns have a place in our society. For one, I enjoy hunting with firearms. Two, I enjoy target shooting with whatever flavor of firearm I have the Constitutional Right to possess. And perhaps a million more reasons that, I too, do not wish to debate. <br /><br />Reason being is that I will not be successful in influencing a strong opinion, such as yours, with mere words and dialog. <br /><br />However, I do understand and respect positions such as yours, assuming that my opinion and Constitutional Rights are respected as well.

mattttt25

Commander

agree to disagree. sounds good to me, pjc.

jimchere

Petty Officer 1st Class

Matt, your qoute:<br />"don't really have the time to debate. so we'll leave it at that."... Yet you post again in continuance of someone welcoming your view. How about some of your points? Piecemeal is fine since you shore straphangers are so busy.<br />Come on, man, don't lay back. What's up with the SWO avatar? You a blackshoe?

mattttt25

Commander

yes, surface warfare officer, blackshoe if you will. but i have left that community for the civil engineer corps.<br /><br />i'll pass on the debate. like others have said, it's worthless to try and change someone's opinion on something like this. it will simply turn into a fight.

oddjob

Commander

I love to shoot the gun god gave me...I'm a dead-eye **** with this thing.. :D

samagee

Chief Petty Officer

snapperbait I was just having some fun to lighten up a rough topic. I am sorry you took it so harsh. BTW, the Mrs and I are swingers. I have seen her with other men on more than one occasion. ;) Don't sweat it man.

oddjob

Commander

oh boy.....

KennyKenCan

Commander

posted by matttttt25<br /><br />if we truly outlawed them, and kept them in the hands of trained professionals whose duty is to protect the citizens (military and law enforcement), that we would be better off.
See, this is the misconception that the librals have drilled into everyones head!<br /><br />The only duty a police officer has in the USA, is to uphold the law, THAT IS ALL !<br /><br />To protect and serve, is a motto the police departments have adopted, not the laws, that has grown into this delusion of abusive powers that police departments have inflicted upon us all, in the illusion, that they are protecting you! If someone breaks into your house at 3AM, and is pointing a gun at you, who's responsibility is it?<br /><br />Let me inform you...<br /><br />It is the duty of the individual, to protect him/her self, not the police!! That is the reason for the Second Ammendment!<br /><br />If that was the case, that the police are to protect each individual, then we would have to have a police officer's at each and everyones house, one police officer for each person who lives in said house!! How else could the police gaurantee protection? If the police cannot provide a gaurantee that there be a police protection for every individual, every second, of every day, then they are derilict in their duty and should be eliminated! <br /><br />The costs of putting a police officer in every home is so cost preventitive, that is the reason for the Second Ammendment to be added to the Constitution in the first place!<br /><br />The duty of the military, is to protect and defend the Constitution and the American way of life, from enemy governments or insurgents from abroad, or in rare instances, domestically, NOT CRIMINALS! This is the purpose of the military, not to crack down on the crack dealers outside of your home! <br /><br />If the police were to do their job, and uphold the law, instead of turning a blind eye to crime, and trying to protect you from yourself, just maybe then the crack dealers would no longer be selling their products on your streets, as per the laws that are already written!<br /><br />Until the police can gaurantee each and every person will be protected, each and every second of the day, in any situation, the Second Ammendment stays!<br /><br />All I know is that I cannot afford to have a police force like that, nor would I want one!<br /><br />I also know, that if an intruder enters my house at 3AM, I will not have to worry about where the police are, because the Constitution gaurantees that I have a right to protect myself, and I will blow a hole, right thru that intruders head, with my AR-15, which is always, right beside my bed, along with a Remington Automatic 12 gauge, as a back-up!<br /><br />After the intruder has been eliminated, then I will call the police to uphold the laws that this intruder has broken!<br /><br />This is why I will fight, to the day I die, for the Second Ammendment!

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

This thread has sort of morphed into a guns good/bad argument.<br /><br />It started out as making fun of the stupidest law ever passed, a.k.a assault weapons ban.<br /><br />It was nothing but a worthless law that did ZERO to reduce gun related crime.<br /><br />I honestly can't respect anyone who would approve of this law, simply because of its worthlessness.<br /><br />Let's make some real gun related crime laws such as mandatory 10 years if a gun is used in the commision of a crime.<br /><br />Lets put some responsibility on the gun owners and charge them when a kid gets hurt cause someone left a loaded gun in the house.<br /><br />Ken

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

How many criminal attempts were thwarted by citizens armed with assult rifles today? None, I bet...<br /><br />
Let's make some real gun related crime laws such as mandatory 10 years if a gun is used in the commision of a crime.
Florida has a law like this.. It's know as "10-20-Life" law...<br />10-year mandatory minimum prison sentence for those who pull a gun while committing a crime.<br />20-year mandatory minimum prison sentence for those who fire a gun while committing a crime.<br />25 years (manditory minimum)to Life if you shoot someone while committing a crime.<br /><br />Has it made a difference? I doubt it... :(

POINTER94

Vice Admiral

Snapperbait,<br /><br />Do you submit that making guns illegal won't improve the situation?

mattttt25

Commander

i don't find it a misconception. i am also not a liberal, conservative, republican, democrat, or any other label. i've truly never paid attention to any of them, and could not really explain the differences between each.<br /><br />just what i think on this issue.

pjc

Lieutenant Commander

I agree and support laws with real teeth, aka snappers Florida example. I submit that the challenge is to require the courts to actually impose the max. penalties. No watered down sentence due to mitigating circumstances.<br /><br />BTW, no reports in SE Wisconsin of any AW related crime to date.<br />1)actual discharge of ammunition <br />2)bayoneting <br />3)butt stock assaults on or about a persons head or other vital areas.<br /><br />#1: zero incidents<br />#2: zero incidents<br />#3: zero incidents

Carphunter

Commander

Amen Kenny!<br /><br />As usual, KKC hits the nail squarely on the head.<br /><br />Our forefathers adopted the Second Ammendment for a reason, and that reason is,................ they were much smarter than the mass majority of the people living here today.<br /><br />Hows the old saying go, "They can take my guns, when they pry them from my cold dead fingers". ;) <br /><br />......and since I don't have any statistics either, I will say, How many robberies could have been thwarted by armed citizens, a lot I bet.

gaugeguy

Captain

We had our first "incident" here in NH over last weekend. A man shot his wife in the leg "accidently" while cleaning his "assault weapon". The local media did say "assault weapon" but they did not elaborate on it at all.

POINTER94

Vice Admiral

GG<br /><br />Please investigate whether or not it had a bayonette or a bayonette holder affixed to it. This was important enough for a law to be passed restricting people rights.<br /><br />Thanks. :p

POINTER94

Vice Admiral

All were shot, the bayonette watch continues. Nor was there one even affixed to the weapon. This would not have been considered an assult weapon under the previous ban. The news/press would like you to believe it was by calling it an "assult type weapon" but that is disingenuos. (a lie)<br /><br />sks 7.6mm semi automatic..