OK, So Where Is The Predicted.....................

snapperbait

Vice Admiral
Re: OK, So Where Is The Predicted.....................

Hunter or not, a real man don't need guns...

pjc

Lieutenant Commander

in the interest of this post I will monitor the Milwaukee Urinal news rag and local TV and radio for reports of assault weapon related activity. I will pay particular attention to school shootings, liquor store holdups and hostage situations involving assault type weapons.<br /><br />Three categories of AW use will be compiled. <br />1)actual discharge of ammunition <br />2)bayoneting <br />3)butt stock assaults on or about a persons head or other vital areas.<br /><br />any reported incidents will be posted promptly.

Carphunter

Commander

Tell that to our soldiers Snapper.<br /><br />You live too far away to say it to my face. ;)

POINTER94

Vice Admiral

GREAT NEWS,<br /><br />Yesterday was another day free of bayonette attacks. Man I was worried. When is our government going to save me from my own imagination? :D

samagee

Chief Petty Officer

Hmm, snapperbait is faster than a speeding bullet. I wonder what Mrs. Snapperbait thinks about that. ;)

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

Carpy.. It don't matter none... If I was right in front of you I still could'nt say it to your face, cause you obviously got your head up your a$$.... ;) <br /><br />Oh yeah.. Since were flaming here.. Samagee.. "faster than a speeding bullet" huh?.... Mrs. samagee don't think so.... ;) <br /><br />"life's too short to hang out with a bunch of a$$bags"...<br /><br />later...

POINTER94

Vice Admiral

The vigile continues, No reported bayontte attacks yesterday. What was the reason for restricting our freedom, public safety???? Perhaps there will be a couple of hundred bayonette attacks over this weekend.

Carl B

Recruit

When is everyone going to figure this out... Liberals are pessimists. They know nothing but speaking of doom and gloom. Their cause is only victorious if the economy tanks and the war on terror is lost.<br /><br />They also despise personal accountability which is at the heart of this gun issue. For instance, a liberal says, "it's not my fault that I lost my job because I never showed up to work and when I did I was high. It's my right to smoke whatever I want. I can't afford to support my 12 kids because the gov't wants to cut my welfare."<br /><br />Liberals want to rely on the gov't for everything and absolve everyone of personal responsibility for their actions. In this politically correct world, it's never the person's fault. "Oh they are bi-polar or ADD, or they were suppressed in the 50-60's." There is an excuse for everything.<br /><br />FACE IT People kill people... not the guns.

Twidget

Commander

I am confused about something maybe it can be explained to me.<br /><br />A ban of anything removes it from the law abiding community, correct?<br /><br />law abiding being those that do as the law says and turn in/destroy the item in question.<br /><br />Crimminal being someone that doesnt pay attention to the law and retains/uses said item.<br /><br />Now for my question...If only the crimminals have the item(which they had anyway), how does this affect crime? Thanks in advance for the help, I have been trying to figure this one out my whole life.

POINTER94

Vice Admiral

All sarcasm aside, yet another day without a bayontte related attack or death. The unusual aspect of this is no liberal stood up and said that the bayonette aspect of the assult weapon ban was useful and saves lives. At the same time they didn't stand up against our loss of freedom. I can't find or point to a case where this provision saved even one life. Therefore why was this enacted? Seems like a textbook example of emotion over substance. Yea, they look scarey. BAN THEM. And so they did.

pjc

Lieutenant Commander

SE Wisconsin results as of 6pm, Sunday, October 3, 2004<br />Three categories of AW use will be compiled. <br />1)actual discharge of ammunition <br />2)bayoneting <br />3)butt stock assaults on or about a persons head or other vital areas.<br /> <br />#1: zero incidents<br />#2: zero incidents<br />#3: zero incidents

mattttt25

Commander

i'm glad i can count on my iboats friends to be well armed when we need to raise the militia and defend our country from the brits.<br /><br />thank you for protecting idiots like me who think guns have no right in the average citizens' closet.

ob

Admiral

All guns mattttt25? I detect a tone of condescending sarcasm in your post.It seems you do that a lot.I wonder why?Is your definition of average citizens anyone other than military ,law enforcement,and non law abiders? Glad you're not in charge of any more than you are.Also glad the country's lawmakers aren't following that lead.Let alone the individual that uses one for self protection.Some average citizen could save your neck some day.With or without a gun.

agitator

Petty Officer 2nd Class

So when does a thumbhole stock and a recoil supressor on a .22 target rifle make it be designated an assault rifle for any logical reason?

POINTER94

Vice Admiral

Matt,<br /><br />Do you have any problem with bayonettes?

Link

Rear Admiral

Heys guys, there are a lot of people who know nothing of some of the stupid laws that were passed. All they know is that a "assault weapons ban" was passed and think it was most likely a good thing but know nothing of the details.<br /><br />Mrs.Link and MIL would fall into this category.<br /><br />BTW my wife loves to shoot her 22 semi auto at the range and enjoys going out plinking with it.<br /><br />Plinking description: Target shooting without a range or paper target. IE: Back forty or remote area using tin cans, plastic pop bottles, etc<br /><br />I'd say ya'll (But some would be upset that she even knows how to shoot a weapon, let alone actually owns one)<br />So Most ya'll will be proud to know that when we get home she lays a towel over the coffee table and breaks the gun all the way down to where it's just a frame and parts. Then using the manual cleans and puts it back together again! <br /> Had to bragg a little ;) <br /><br />But if I told her that the silly laws meant that you could buy a WW1 or WW2 bolt action military rifle with a bayonette mount. But to purchase the bayonette with it was a no-no. <br />You had to buy both seperatly?? She would say NO she did not know this and that it was a silly law!<br /><br />As of to date 04/10/04 No stabbings with bayonettes attached to rifle yet.<br /><br />One close call for butt stroking though. <br /><br />Dropped a Walnut 2X6"X4' piece of wood on my foot!<br />If it had not been sent to the lumber yard it might have been made into a gun stock! :rolleyes:

Carphunter

Commander

Wow snapper, no need to get so upset.<br /><br />Lets see, your a Democratic athiest that don't believe in guns. <br />..........Maybe you outta move. This country sure wasn't founded on those type of morals. ;) <br /><br />Now, if you wanna shed some tears, 'ol Carpys got some big shoulders you can cry on. ;) <br /><br />........lets try not to use any of them bad words now children. :p <br /><br />
A real man don't need guns
Are YOU a real man. :D .......and :D .......and one more :D .

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

Originally posted by agitator:<br /> So when does a thumbhole stock and a recoil supressor on a .22 target rifle make it be designated an assault rifle for any logical reason?
Are you describing an assault weapon or olympic sporting equipment? Does this mean the winter olympics will be banned from the U.S.?

NOSLEEP

Commander

I understand in Israel today school teachers<br />carry weapons as a deterrent to help protect<br />students from Palestinian terrorists and insurgents.<br />Anyone know anything to the contrary.

mattttt25

Commander

yes, ob, sarcasm. i just find it humorous that people waive their constitutional right of bearing arms around so much. like i said, i doubt we'll need the law abiding citizens to raise up the militia and protect our soil from invasion anytime soon.<br /><br />i truly believe guns have no strong importance in our society. if we truly outlawed them, and kept them in the hands of trained professionals whose duty is to protect the citizens (military and law enforcement), that we would be better off. i could list my million reasons why i think this would work, but i don't really have the time to debate. so we'll leave it at that.