OK, So Where Is The Predicted.....................

pjc

Lieutenant Commander
.........rash of gun crime and violence as a result of the "assault weapons ban" law sunsetting??? Did not the Liberal gun banners wring their hands and cry hysterics that we as a Nation would be overcome with criminals and street gangs shooting up the towns and terrorizing Joe citizen and His family as a result of inaction regarding the extension of the assault weapon ban??????????<br /><br />Seems to me that the original ban was transparent then as it is now in that its true intention was a first step in complete removal of all fire arms from private citizens. <br /><br />I am amazed that sheeple blindly accepted what was offered by the media and gun banning pols at the time to allow the ban to be enacted in the first place. <br /><br />Please be mindful, that as I understand, John Kerry has a fire arm collection of sorts (he stated recently that he had an Vietnam era assault weapon, then later his spin doctors restated that the gun was a single shot rifle of Russian descent), but you, average citizen, should not be allowed to legally own a firearm of this nature. <br /><br />So-where is the chaos as a result of the ban sunsetting??????????

WillyBWright

Fleet Admiral
Re: OK, So Where Is The Predicted.....................

Oh, I see. You thought that the expiration was equivalent to saying "GO!" What, you were expecting? A bunch of idiots with assault rifles to go out and start shooting things up as soon as the ban expired? It's going to take awhile for those to get into the hands of criminals (I'm sure plenty already are). Just be patient. And keep watching the news.

pjc

Lieutenant Commander

Willy, to your point:<br /> "It's going to take awhile for those to get into the hands of criminals (I'm sure plenty already are). Just be patient. And keep watching the news."<br />I have watched, read, and listened to the news reporting for the duration of "the ban" and I did not see the preponderant use of assault weapons by criminal element. <br /><br />The fact is that the ban was merely a means to enable further legislation, perhaps an constitutional amendment, to outlaw firearms as a whole.

bomar76

Lieutenant Commander

Since the sunset of the AWB I have not shot anyone, nor held up any liquor stores, so I call the end of the AWB a huge sucess.

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

Me and another guy at work keep checking in daily to see if the carnage has started. We are still waiting.<br /><br />P.S. For those of you that dont get it, we are making fun of the law that expired.<br /><br />Ken

KaGee

Admiral

Originally posted by WillyBWright:<br /> ... It's going to take awhile for those to get into the hands of criminals (I'm sure plenty already are)...
Who's kidding who? :rolleyes: Anyone who wanted a banned weapon found a way to get one. When has a law kept any banned item or activity out of the hands of those who purposed to have or to do?? :confused:

POINTER94

Vice Admiral

Perhaps John Kerry's sks can come out from under Hilliary's bed along with the rest of the Rose Law firm billing records..<br /><br />I have been keeping my eyes peeled for anyone who was bludgened with a bayonette, (one of the defining charactoristics of an assult rifle supposedly. Liberal lawmakers, neat! :mad: ) but I haven't seen any yet. Question, if a person is shot with the third round in a thirty round clip is it the fault of the "assult weapons ban" being repealed? Want to get deadly weapons off the streets, identify the thugs who use them and the problem solves itself.<br /><br />I will remain ever vigilant for the bayonette attacks, and will keep you posted. :p

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

I thought the sks is chinese. and that it's semi-automatic except when you accidently put the clip in crooked, in which case it's "how do I shut this !@#*!&* thing off!?!?!?!" <br /><br />Borrowed one to go deer-hunting once. Didn't get a shot that day, but boy was I ready!

Carphunter

Commander

People like good 'ol "Wet Willie B Wrong", always reminds me why I fight for my right to keep and bear arms.<br /><br />Every post that you have spewed, has been an attempt to incite an angry emotional response. (.......Hmmmm, I believe that could be the definition of a troll).<br /><br />Your far left liberal thinking is what is flushing this country down the toilet.<br /><br />..........and c'mon, these silly worthless laws only affect law abiding citizens. The criminals will do as they have always done.<br /><br />......might be time to wake up. :rolleyes:

mrbscott19

Chief Petty Officer

I don't think anyone here said you shouldn't have the right to bear arms. It's the fact that you could take out an entire classroom of kids with just one clip that worries people.

Carphunter

Commander

Yep, great idea mrbscott, lets blame the guns instead of holding the individual responsible for such an act. :rolleyes: <br /><br />If the laws were a little tougher on individuals that committed violent crimes, then other criminals may think twice about committing these crimes, whether gun related or not. <br /><br />I got news for ya, the weapons in question are used in very few gun related crimes. ...........Hmmmmmm, thats kinda odd don't ya think. <br /><br />Its just so strange to me that when a crime is committed with a gun, that people immediately want to "ban" certain guns. ............How about dealing with the real problem, the twisted individuals that commit these crimes..............Oh, I forgot, if we did this, then that would mean we would have to hold individuals responsible for their actions, and we sure wouldn't wanna do that :rolleyes: .................and the left wingers would have nothing to complain about.<br /><br />Pathetic.

POINTER94

Vice Admiral

Today's update, no bayonette attacks as of 9-29-04.

Carphunter

Commander

80,000,000 Gun owners killed nobody yesterday. ;)

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

Carphunter

Commander

Hmmmmmmm, Your right, after seeing this, we should ban all guns! :rolleyes: <br /><br />.......Then when the criminals start killing people with knives, we should ban knives.<br /><br />.......Then when the criminals start strangling people with rope, we should ban rope.<br /><br />.......Then when the criminals start killing people with rocks, we should ban rocks.<br /><br />.......Then when the criminals start killing people with their bare hands, we should ban bare hands.<br /><br />.......Then, ect, ect, ect.<br /><br />I will simplify this as much as possible. A gun is an inantimate object that kills nobody. <br /><br />Somebody has to fire the weapon.<br /><br />Just maybe we should concentrate on a more serious punishment for those that murder, or attempt to murder.....<br />..............or we could just try to ban the guns. :rolleyes: <br /><br />Good thing is, with 80,000,000 gun owners, people like you will never get my guns out of my hands.<br /><br />Keep tryin.

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

no no no, you misunderstand, I ain't saying anything other than gun owners are just as likely as anybody else to kill or injure somebody. There was plenty of knifings and stranglings and beating to deaths, but you said "gunowners killed nobody." Its my civic duty to point out otherwise.<br /><br />As a matter of fact, the three-year-old girl at the day-care was strangled, not shot, by a gunowner.<br /><br />But I am happy to report that I checked pointer's statement at least as thoroughly as CBS news would have, and could find no reported bayonnetings!<br /><br />sorry for the contusion,<br />jtw

KaGee

Admiral

Did you know that carrotts are eaten by all gunowners??? :eek:

POINTER94

Vice Admiral

Originally posted by jtexas: <br /> But I am happy to report that I checked pointer's statement at least as thoroughly as CBS news would have, and could find no reported bayonnetings!
:) ;) :D Just the facts sir, Just the facts.

Carphunter

Commander

The 80,000,000 that I was talking about, didn't kill anybody yesterday. ;) <br /><br />Now, if you will excuse me, its my civic duty to pull the old PSE outta the closet, and zip one of my carbon arrows through a big bucks vitals.<br /><br />Peace. :cool:

wilkin250r

Chief Petty Officer

I say we ban cars, they kill far more people everyday than guns do.<br /><br />Do you know how many people choke to death each year? We need to put a few restrictions on food.