Ok Getting ready to rehab my Spectrum Some ????s

jackd1023

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Ok Getting ready to rehab my Spectrum Some ????s

What do you plan to do with your transom cap when reinstalling? Weld it back on? I have a Spectrum 1606 that is going through the same process as yours. I started pulling just enough stuff to get the transom out. Once it was out I found wet foam. Now the boat is down to the hull. I had to cut the welds and to remove the transom cap. I also cut the cap\engine well into three pieces...engine well, left cap, and right cap. I planned on reinstalling the three pieces and then having it welded. Now that everything is out of the boat I think I might be able to have it welded first and then fit it in place. The only thing I'm worried about with welding is the head messing up the sealant for the cap.

Mark

Hey Mark I am at that crossroads too. Mine could not be put in after the cap is welded it sits in a brace. I have 3 minds working on it at the moment. It needs to be welded in the corners for sure. The steering cable needs to be raised because the way they had it bound up. Monday for sure is transom day don't know if it will get done but is top on the list. Will get some pics of the design.

jackd1023

Petty Officer 1st Class

here are a couple of pics of the seats for my other mistress, the Chaparral. Before and afters, dont laugh I am a rookie seamstress.photo 2 (9).JPGphoto 3 (8).JPGphoto 1 (9).JPG

jackd1023

Petty Officer 1st Class

Here is the floor with first coat of resin and the "sun deck" of the ChaparralIMAG0147.jpgResizedImage_1396743688374.jpg

lokonn

Chief Petty Officer

Nice job on the seats! How much of a ''rookie'' can you be?

jackd1023

Petty Officer 1st Class

Nice job on the seats! How much of a ''rookie'' can you be?

Thanks Lokonn, but besides my Spectrum seats these are my first real attempt. Very time consuming job for sure, but a shop wanted 5100 to make them I took that as a challenge. less than 600 in material and a brand new $700.00 Sailrite sewing machine I still saved a ton, they are not perfect but I am pretty proud of them

jackd1023

Petty Officer 1st Class

Got the back "casting deck" figured out. I also got it all sealed up. Picked up the carpet, Starting to look like a boat again!!photo 1 (10).JPGphoto 2 (10).JPGphoto 3 (10).JPG

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

The vast majority of DIY upholstery I've seen done on this site is horrible. Yours is actually better than some of the pro work I've seen! Very nice.

greenbush future

Lieutenant Commander

I think the boat will be better than new when you're done with her. You are moving right along, must be single or have a really good wife to get all that done, this quick. The vinyl work is outstanding, WOG our local boat expert would give you a big "A" for effort and quality.

jackd1023

Petty Officer 1st Class

The vast majority of DIY upholstery I've seen done on this site is horrible. Yours is actually better than some of the pro work I've seen! Very nice.
Thanks ezombee, I appreciate it!

I think the boat will be better than new when you're done with her. You are moving right along, must be single or have a really good wife to get all that done, this quick. The vinyl work is outstanding, WOG our local boat expert would give you a big "A" for effort and quality.
Thanks greenbush, definitely not single. Sometimes I just have to do as she wants .like the Chaparral seats, to keep her happy. Oh and the credit card helps too.

jackd1023

Petty Officer 1st Class

Trying out photobucket, my other project lolhttp://s916http://s916.photobucket.com/user/jackd1023/media/jetski1.jpg.html?sort=3&o=14.photobucket.com/user/jackd1023/media/jetski2.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0

jackd1023

Petty Officer 1st Class

trying out photobucket, my other project lolhttp://s916http://s916.photobucket.com/user/jackd1023/media/jetski1.jpg.html?sort=3&o=14.photobucket.com/user/jackd1023/media/jetski2.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0

fail

jbcurt00

Staff member

Let me help w/ that:
jetski1.jpg

Leaving it matte/flat black?

jackd1023

Petty Officer 1st Class

Let me help w/ that:
jetski1.jpg

Leaving it matte/flat black?

Yeah my sons idea, do have clear coat on it also matte finish. how did u get the picture big like that??

jbcurt00

Staff member

At photobucket, there is an IMG code for each pix, either below or beside the pix. It looks something like this:
IMG]http://i916.photobucket.com/albums/jackd1023/jetski1.jpg[/IMG

In this ^^^ example, I've edited it so it doesn't actually post the pix, it shows the IMG code. There is a bracket missing on each end, a [ and a ].

Copy that code, and paste it IN your post, and the pix shows up like this:
jetski1.jpg

jackd1023

Petty Officer 1st Class

Thanks!!!!!!

jbcurt00

Staff member

Your welcome

jackd1023

Petty Officer 1st Class

Family got the flu, and work has been crazy. Front and rear deck are in, live well, wiring(front), trolling motor batteries, all good to go.

HATE the carpet....... I will tear all that out this winter, and install Nautolex so decided not to recover the gunwales, senseless to do it twice, Fishing weather is here.

Monday I will finish transom, install counsels, hang motor, and wire up new to me HDS 7 and 5 with structure scan.

Wednesday fishing!!!!!http://s916.photobucket.com/user/jackd1023/media/photo111.jpg.html?filters[user]=104874771&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=1