Ohio Soldier Attacked at Concert

rolmops

Vice Admiral
Re: Ohio Soldier Attacked at Concert

JB I strongly disagree with your generalization about liberals.Please be more discriminating.

KaGee

Admiral

Originally posted by telmanmn:<br /> JB. May you live long and prosper. I was only trying to find out if anyone even tries to find out if what is posted is true. I am still wating to see if it is still correct. They say this happened. <br />Give me a good link. I did the link. Nothing came up.
The site appears to be experiencing problems... perhaps we are all bombarding it.<br />As for the story being "true"... it was from Channel 4 News in Columbus. But we can't always trust newsmedia , can we Telman.<br /> :rolleyes:

POINTER94

Vice Admiral

Perhaps this young man can get the bronze star and three purple hearts as he will be spending more time in the hospital than Kerry spent getting three purple hearts.<br /><br /><br />When asked about the severity of his wounds, Kerry said that one of them cost him about two days of service, and that the other two did not interrupt his duty. "Walking wounded," as Kerry put it<br /><br /><br />Within four days of his third Purple Heart, Mr. Kerry applied to take advantage of a technicality which allowed him to request immediate transfer to a stateside post. <br /><br /><br />In April 1969, having engineered an early transfer out of the conflict because of his three minor wounds, John Kerry left his crew behind and returned home to a sweet assignment as an admiral's aide.<br /><br />President Hero, what a joke.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

I didn't generalize about liberals. I was addressing the specific liberals who tried to turn this into a Bush bash.<br /><br />The topic has nothing to do with Bush. Nothing at all. It has to do with the rage of one crackpot.

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

MrBScott! That is a neat avitar. Is it an abstract of John Kerry, trying to catch up to his other self? :D

ebbtide176

Commander

Originally posted by telmanmn:<br /> Why is this open and the link with the coward dubya isn't
telman, i don't see a lock on this thread :confused: but it does seem you aint got a source to prove your point

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

Originally posted by telmanmn:<br /> 12 footer, this liberal takes exception to your remark. As a veteran who was drafted while your hero president was hiding in the Natl. Guard. and using every aspect of his fathers position and wealth to keep from serving is an afront to anyone who did his duty, being liberal or conservative. <br /> I am still waiting for anyone too come forward to say they saw this coward at any of the units meetings! I would think that a Texas congressman's son being in the unit from another state would create a lasting image in someones mind" I was in the same unit as G.W. Bush"! <br /> It is always easy to send someone else into harms way. It takes a honest person to do it(and hate it).
And that again, just proves-out what I stated earlier. You can present liberals with positive proof, and they see cponsiracy. And your reply is just one more. I still consider you an American, so don't take your exception so hard.<br />It's called "personal opinion", and evereyone, including me, has one.<br />It's one of the many reasons I'm a constitutional conservative.

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

Originally posted by telmanmn:<br /> JB. May you live long and prosper. I was only trying to find out if anyone even tries to find out if what is posted is true. I am still wating to see if it is still correct. They say this happened. <br />Give me a good link. I did the link. Nothing came up.
As far as I know, Dan Rather doesn't frequent iboats.com, Telmnmn. :) <br />this should help;<br /><br />Decorated Soldier Reportedly Attacked At Concert<br />Barton Cannot Return To Iraq Due To Injuries<br /><br />POSTED: 5:54 pm EDT September 20, 2004<br />UPDATED: 10:15 am EDT September 21, 2004<br /><br />COLUMBUS, Ohio -- A local soldier back from the war in Iraq said he was beaten at an area concert because of what was printed on his T-shirt, NBC 4's Nancy Burton reported.<br /><br />FeedRoom <br /> <br /> Soldier Reportedly Attacked <br /> <br /> <br /> <br /> <br /><br />Foster Barton, 19, of Grove City, received a Purple Heart for his military service in Iraq. He almost lost his leg last month after a Humvee he was riding in ran over a landmine. <br /><br />Barton said he was injured again Friday night in a crowded parking lot as he was leaving the Toby Keith concert at Germain Amphitheatre. The solider was injured so badly that he can't go back to Iraq as scheduled.<br /><br />"I don't remember getting hit at all, really," said Barton, a member of the 1st Calvary Division. "He hit me in the back of the head. I fell and hit the ground. I was knocked unconscious and he continued to punch and kick me on the ground."<br /><br />Barton and his family said he was beat up because he was wearing an Iraqi freedom T-shirt.<br /><br />"It's not our fault," Barton said. "I'm just doing a job."<br /><br />According to a Columbus police report, six witnesses who didn't know Barton said the person who beat him up was screaming profanities and making crude remarks about U.S. soldiers, Burton reported.<br /><br />One witness, a friend of the alleged attacker, said Barton hit first. Police said they do not think that witness is credible since the six other witnesses said Barton was hit from behind.<br /><br />Barton's mother said she has a message for her son's alleged attacker, who police said ran into the crowd after the incident and was not arrested.<br /><br />"He needs our prayers, just like the insurgents, because he's a coward," Cindy Barton said.<br /><br />After a two-week leave, Barton was supposed to return to Iraq Tuesday. But his broken nose will delay his return.<br /><br />Barton is waiting for doctors to tell him when he can return to active duty. He said wants to go back as soon as possible because his unit was just attacked. Eleven soldiers were wounded and two were killed, he said.<br />Copyright 2004 by nbc4i.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

samagee

Chief Petty Officer

Well, maybe we should take the gloves off. That coward who hit from behind is a disgrace to this country. He doesn't want the benefits from our fighting force. Send him to another country of his choice and remove his citizenship.<br /><br />As for those who just stood around. They can be brought up on charges. In some areas it is a crime to do nothing.

Amen Samagee, it should be a crime for people to just stand there and do nothing. <br /><br />Like Doctors and Paramedics are required to stop and assist if they see an auto accident, weather they are on duty or not, it is a part of the oath they take. As citizens, hell, just as humans, we should all take a similar oath, that if a fellow is getting worked up that we stop and provide assistance.

Carphunter

Commander

I got some breaking news for the liberals that frequent this site...........<br /><br />........Now pay close attention.<br /><br />........Read this very slow.<br /><br />........Everything that you don't agree with in this world, is not this Presidents fault.<br /><br />As usual, JB hits the nail squarely on the head.<br />How in the world did this turn into a Bush bashing thread. :confused: <br /><br />.......Typical Liberal approach.<br /><br />Now, this punk that jumped this soldier needs a good thumpin. <br />Let something like this happen somewhere around here and see what happens to this P.O.S. :mad:

oddjob

Commander

12 footer, this liberal takes exception to your remark. As a veteran who was drafted while your hero president was hiding in the Natl. Guard.
Teleman, You were in nam? You murdering SOB! ;)

KaGee

Admiral

I see Telman is a "hit & run" forum user. Typical. :rolleyes: