Official Business of the 3V Club ( aka tri hull club )

Rayandrewss

Seaman
Re: Official Business of the 3V Club ( aka tri hull club )

count me in.....not sure of the make of the boat, but i will find out. I currently cant get this thing to run yet but as soon as the motor is right, I plan on changing it into a bass boat with front & rear casting decks.IMAG0075.jpg

tallcanadian

Captain

Don't know how I missed this, but here is my tri-hull.
1970 Sportcraft, 70hp Johnson, gps 29.8mph, 15in prop I think. Hope my speed increases with all the work I'm about to do on it.
View attachment 127282View attachment 127283

You may need to try a different pitch on that prop. 30 mph seems a bit so so. I would expect near 35 with that Johnny. :p

glnbnz

Chief Petty Officer

I would like to join. I don't need a sticker though. Here is my installment...

Ozark73.jpg

Currently I am working on the stringers and deck rebuild.

User Name: glnbnz
Boat Model: 1973 Ozark T-164
Boat Motor: 1975 Johnson 85hp

Bill3434

Petty Officer 1st Class

You may need to try a different pitch on that prop. 30 mph seems a bit so so. I would expect near 35 with that Johnny. :p

That's what I was thinking. Did prop test in the spring and the one that came with the motor was the correct fit. WOT 5500rpm. I got a lot of water issues that will be taken care of in the next few months. Most of the deck removed already, surprised my big foot didn't go through the deck. Transom shot. Stringers need repaired. By my calculations so far, not sure I will be reducing the weight that much but at least it won't all be sitting on the aft end of the boat. Don't know if all that weight in the aft will make a lot of difference but I suspect that when I get it sea worthy again I will be doing prop test again this spring. At least my maintence man is good about letting me take props for testing them to get the right one.

im in i gusse i have a trihull. i don't like it but i have one :)

tallcanadian

Captain

That's what I was thinking. Did prop test in the spring and the one that came with the motor was the correct fit. WOT 5500rpm. I got a lot of water issues that will be taken care of in the next few months. Most of the deck removed already, surprised my big foot didn't go through the deck. Transom shot. Stringers need repaired. By my calculations so far, not sure I will be reducing the weight that much but at least it won't all be sitting on the aft end of the boat. Don't know if all that weight in the aft will make a lot of difference but I suspect that when I get it sea worthy again I will be doing prop test again this spring. At least my maintence man is good about letting me take props for testing them to get the right one.

I removed what I estimated was around near 300 lbs in water logged wood and foam. Before and after my build the was easily sitting 3 inches higher in the water. My boat empty weighs about 750lbs, not as heavy as yours. I had a 45 Commercial Johnson with a 17" pitch and with only me pushed 34.4 mph on my gps. I know you will see a difference afterward. I love your boat, very nice.

tallcanadian

Captain

im in i gusse i have a trihull. i don't like it but i have one :)

What's not to like. Pounding on the waves, loose fillings. Eyeballs bouncing so hard they feel like they are coming out of their sockets. Pounding headaches. Nice. Can't wait till spring...:D:D

Bill3434

Petty Officer 1st Class

I removed what I estimated was around near 300 lbs in water logged wood and foam. Before and after my build the was easily sitting 3 inches higher in the water. My boat empty weighs about 750lbs, not as heavy as yours. I had a 45 Commercial Johnson with a 17" pitch and with only me pushed 34.4 mph on my gps. I know you will see a difference afterward. I love your boat, very nice.

Mine had no foam in it. I'm tracking how much I taking out and will be weighing everything that goes back into her. I had a similar boat in high school 18ft with a Johnson 50 and it would go about 35, this one is a 16ft with a 70hp was expecting it to go at least as fast.

fstorm08

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Hey everyone: I'm a Johnny-come-lately to the club, and wasn't around when the stickers were being produced. However, my day job is as a designer - so, I thought I'd offer to give the sticker a little more "zing." I stayed with the same basic design, but dressed it up a little. So, here's a look:

View attachment 111700

If y'all like it, I can get red whatever he needs to print them. We can also tweak it some more if you want the design changed or we can also stay with the old design - no offense will be taken, and I'll get one either way :)

Lemme' know what you think.

Hey SK.

Do you have a svg,eps format of the original?

I wanted to try out a few thoughts I had for a possible revision of your logo.

Thank you

southkogs

Staff member

Hey SK.

Do you have a svg,eps format of the original?

I wanted to try out a few thoughts I had for a possible revision of your logo.

Thank you

I can do any of those formats. Just sent you a PM.

TKrause

Seaman Apprentice

Here is our submission. :D Sent the cheese for our stickers.
1985 Four Winns 170 Candia Brougham