O' Canada

Tacklewasher

Lieutenant Commander
Re: O' Canada

Here's a sort-of on topic question. I live in Kelowna and our local WHL team is the Kelowna Rockets. So, when a US team is in town, and the US anthem is sung, there is a loud cheer at "and the Rockets red glare", basically a cheer for Rockets.<br /><br />This has always made me feel uncomfortable (I don't cheer). Do you think this is showing disrespect for the playing of your anthem?<br /><br />Other than that, we are two countires who, for the most part, get along pretty well. Our last Prime Minister was a bit of a jerk to the US, but I think he was a bit senile as well. <br /><br />And kudos to the Boston fans for not replying in kind.

rolmops

Vice Admiral

I don't know about hockey or basketball or even about O Canada.I do know about Golden Molson.Please let us have peace and keep the Molson flowing from the north

miloman

Lieutenant Junior Grade

mellow do tell what kinda boat ya got. Im actually going Bo fishing in the morning :D

11 footer

Lieutenant

Haha, I told ya so!<br /><br />During the whole o'Canada the placed cheered the whole time, you could hardley hear the guy singing it........no the classest people around my butt! :p :p :D <br /><br />To bad we got killed so bad :(

WoodRust

Seaman

Trust me... Never ever trust a 'frog'!!!!!!!<br /><br />Canada has only ever had 2 'military drafts' in its's history! - 1917 & 1944 Both to save 'France' from Germany.<br /><br />Guess who 'rioted in the streets to try to stop it'??? You guessed correctly if you said 'French Canadians'.<br /><br />Viva la Quebec!!!!!!!!!!

Link

Rear Admiral

WOW What a bummer... I just spent a hour doing a reply and it got poofed<br />For to many smiley faces.. Bummer<br />Bottom line<br />RaynT<br />I'm glad you got the response you wanted at your game. That shows respect for the people of that country (not the government ruling it) <br />Ive lived in Canada and it was a great (LaCombe Alberta) experience. I also registered for the draft while living there. (three days after my 18th birthday) That could be a topic by its self! 50 people and 49 Bill Clintons and myself. (Oh I FORGOT he FORGOT his Draft Notice!!!) haha no-one ever forgets Greeting from Uncle Sam! <br />I have hundreds of friends in Canauck and we travel there a couple times a year to visit them.<br />All of my friends there consider us all from being from North America, as I do. But the old saying "Birds of a feather flock together" is true. They are like me (Liberal/Conservative) and Love President GW Bush and Hated the formal Persident of the US! They also hate the way their government has gone. I did not know about the "Quebec anti USA thing". Figures though. <br />Iv'e been in France several times while stationed in Germany. What a WHIMP Country! IMHO<br />Yup did a edit to take out comments on France :) <br />Just my thoughts.. <br /><br />Link

NOSLEEP

Commander

The Bruins game the other day in Montreal was<br />just another fine example of the French mentality.<br />The "French" which includes the greater part of the<br />Quebec population, have worked very hard to alienate<br />the better part of their English friends here in <br />Canada and seems now to include all of North<br />America. I recently watched a documentary on this<br />phenomenon. They Bring it on themselves as they <br />will freely tell you, they are superior.