O' Canada

samagee

Chief Petty Officer
Re: O' Canada

Hey toad. I don't like Pam or Shania, so what's your point?

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

I like Shania. She can "Look like a woman" anytime she wants around me. :cool:

gaugeguy

Captain

Originally posted by SBN:<br />I like Shania. She can "Look like a woman" anytime she wants around me. :cool:
Yup, that is one smokin canuck right there. ;)

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

Neither of those two top heavy women live in Canada anymore. ! :( :) :p

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

It seems childish to me to bash a whole country and its citizens because they.. . the country. . .don't agree with our country on something.<br /><br />I visit Canada annually and have never gotten anything but friendly, courteous treatment from Canadians. Well, almost. The guys at the border look at my Texas tags and always want to search for guns (I never take guns to Canada).<br /><br />I have relatives in Canada, descendants of Tory ancestors who fled to Canada during the American revolution. I guess that gives me an extra measure of feeling kinship with all Canadians.<br /><br />I disagree with one of my sons in law about a lot of things political, but I don't hate him or bash him about it, I just feel sorry about the brain damage he must have suffered. :D <br /><br />Lay off Canada and Canadians, and lay off Yanks. Let's all get together and hate OBL. I think we can agree on that. :)

POINTER94

Vice Admiral

Toad,<br /><br />I will state for the record that I love all beautiful women, regardless of country of origin. :) And those high cheek bones and long legs pervasive in the gene pool of Montreal, oh boy...........Someone get me a drink. :D

gaugeguy

Captain

Originally posted by JB:<br />It seems childish to me to bash a whole country and its citizens because they.. . the country. . .don't agree with our country on something. <br /><br />Lay off Canada and Canadians, and lay off Yanks. Let's all get together and hate OBL. I think we can agree on that. :)
I totally agree JB, but please note there is a big difference between the rest of Canada and the province of Quebec. You cannot drive 15 minutes in Quebec without being flipped the bird :( <br /><br />And for the record, I despise OBL and would rip him limb from limb with my bare hands given the opportunity. :mad:

SCO

Lieutenant

At least you know one thing Gaugeguy, that their aggression stops with the bird. Cheap shot, but thats the impression that comes to mind if the bird is related to our stance on the war. There are a lot of fine Canadians on this board.

mellowyellow

Vice Admiral

Canada should have let Quebec suceed when they<br />wanted to a couple years back...<br />think the Bruins were peeved. they beat the crud<br />outa them physically and the beat them in overtime<br />in front of these goofballs! go Bruins!<br />BTW: these same jerks boo'd the anthem for the<br />kids (pee-wee?) championship last year... :mad: <br />do us all a favor please and move back to France<br />will ya? yur givin all MY canadien buddies a bad<br />name...

miloman

Lieutenant Junior Grade

wow .........wait a sec guys Im Canadian, I like my beer, my maple syrup, my back bacon and my igloo. Believe me as a Canadian who travels through Quebec alot I have to tend to agree that the vast majority of French speaking Quebecers are mean masty people. That being said relax on the anti Canadian sentiment. We are after all your newest state. its Canadian beer that makes ya feel good. On a final note travel to Montreal and you will agree that the two great contributions to our culture that Quebec gave are poutine and french Candian women

gaugeguy

Captain

I actually feel sorry that I started this thread. I do not hold any ill will towards Canadians, like I said before the Boston v. Montreal game is in Boston tonight. Tune in and you will see the fans down here make total @#$%*& out of themselves during the playing of O'Canada. Can't we all just get along, ay?

mellowyellow

Vice Admiral

you mean "eh?" LOL<br />it's actually good u started this thread IMO.<br />otherwise some folks might think that all MY<br />northern bros. feel this way. I know the real<br />score and hopefully some have learned too.<br /><br />hey Milo, got me a "bow" fishin boat now ;)

KennyKenCan

Commander

Hey SBN,<br /><br />I waited, and waited, and waited, but you didn't respond, so I just took matters into my own hands, just like the Prez!<br /><br />This thread needed a booooom!

Drowned Rat

Captain

I don't know about you guys, but nothing makes me feel more patriotic than watching two teams, of any sport, from different countries, stand respectfully, and listen to the opposing teams national anthem. It's funny that such a powerful emotion can come from a game. I'm reminded of the opening ceremonies of the 2002 olympic games when they introduced the athletes from Iran. This is of course after the "Axis of Evil" remark. But the spectators put aside their political differeces for the moment and respected the athletes with applause. Everyone applauded. It amazes me how "Human" we can be when we want to. When was the last time Iraq entered the olympics? I don't know if I've ever heard thier anthem. I wonder if it will change. Oh well, kind of off the subject. Be nice to each other. :)

KennyKenCan

Commander

Drowned Rat,<br /><br />I think the old Iraqi National Anthem went something like this...<br /><br /> "Oh Saddam, we love you. <br /> Oh Saddam, your so great.<br /> Oh Saddam, give us something to eat.<br /> <br /> Oh Saddam, we love you so. <br /> Oh Saddam, we love your feet. <br /> Oh Saddam, don't give us no gas."

11 footer

Lieutenant

The Canadiens are coming to Boston on thursday and I'm sure the Bruin fans (not the classiest fans around either) are going to boo during O' Canada.<br />
I dissagee, the Boston fans prolbey won't boo the "O'Canada, at least I won't be. I'm going to the game tonight and hope the Fleet Centers fan's don't boo.

gaugeguy

Captain

My hat is off to you Ryan. You and the rest of the Bruin fans at the game did an awesome job tonight. They gave a huge round of applause during O' Canada. I've been a prouder American at times, but never more proud to be a Bruins fan (I was just a tike the last time they won the cup). <br /><br />Oh yeah, I am also wicked jealous of you for being there!!! ;) <br /><br />I've been to some wicked rowdy games at the Fleet and the old Garden. I've seen players go into the stands to fight with fans, fans fighting fans and throwing stuff on the ice...you guys did good tonight.