NRA membership

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral
For the last year I have been getting about 2 calls a month from the NRA to join. I keep telling them "NO" I'm not interested. Seems that the word "NO" is not in their vocabulary.<br /><br />I do believe in the NRA, but I just don't want to belong to a group like this. If for some reason in the future that firearms are made illegal, I don't want to be on a list of people who support firearms. Seems to me that if they were made illegal, the members list would be a good place for the government to look for firearms.<br /><br />Am I being over cautious on this? I did explain to them my reasioning in why I don't want to join, but I think they are just looking for my funds.

Laddies

Banned
Re: NRA membership

Spend the money it is not the responsiblity of ever one else to protect your rights. If they are worth haveing then they are worth fighting for. Be a Man---Bob--NRA Life Member

pjc

Lieutenant Commander

SS, I'm an on/off member. Not a life member due to financial, etc.<br /><br />I DO support and endorse the NRA agenda. The NRA is the lobby that keeps the gun grabbers in check. We as free US citizens need them.<br /><br />I do feel your pain in the pressure that the NRA places on folks to join/contribute. IMO, a concern I have is the cost of their literature that is sent canvasing for members or contributions.

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

I would be glad to make a contribution, but I don't want a membership. I'm just skeptical about being a registered member just in case the fight is lost in keeping our guns. I plan on keeping mine anyway if things do go in the wrong direction in keeping our constitutional right. <br /><br />I just think that being a member would aid the authorities in the investigations on who has ownership of firearms.<br /><br />It is getting where people can't smoke a cigerette in some places. With crap like this, I only see it is a matter of time when we may lose the fight to keep our firearms.<br /><br />Its getting to be a crazyier world, and I want to keep what I have.

Fly Rod

Commander

:) Was a member for 30 years!!!!<br />Gave up my membership for that and other reasons!!!<br /><br />Got tired of getting notices in the mail every month stating "Alert Send Money"!!! My 35 dollar membership fee should have been enough!!! Imagine how much money they waste on paper & postage!!!!<br /><br />2nd: They don't need the extra money when they are paying their top brass $600,000.00-700,000.00 (salvation army top brass $80,000) a year and you and I paying for their big game hunts!!!!!<br /><br />3rd: I'm protected by the 2nd amendment of the constitution<br />I'll start worrying when they change it so that "ARNOLD" could run for "President"!!!!! ;) :cool:

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

mayfloat<br /> I tend to agree. if you look at recent history in europe and south america its possible. the germans in WWII would capture the court house of a town and look up the records then go to the owner and the owner either produced all firearms or the entire family was shot as spies. in venezuela they are in the process of confiscating private firearms now. all it will take is a policy shift by to many people that never fired a weapon and think they know what is best AND trust the so called athuroties.<br /> haveing spent my time in the military it brought home the saying" I love my country its my government I fear"

pjc

Lieutenant Commander

quote:<br />"I'll start worrying when they change it so that "ARNOLD" could run for "President"!!!!! "<br />
arnold.jpg

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

rodbolt, that is my thinking, and it is scary. Don't say it can't, because nobody knows what the future holds. Especially when the few is controlling the majority!<br /><br />If changes are made so that Arnold can run president, then our constitution is not worth the paper it is written on. You don't change the rules in the middle of a game or it is called cheating. Try that in the middle of the Super Bowl and see what happens!

pjc

Lieutenant Commander

An additional reason to support the NRA however you choose. I recently bought a 1911A1 from gunbroker auction site. FFL transfer guy said he may give up license due to regulatory requirements thanks to President Hillary and her Minions. Remember the anti gun "assault" weapons law and associated drivel passed by the Clintonistas?? While the assault definition may have passed, a large portion of additional law has not.<br />
rock_L.jpg

KRS

Banned

The "ANTI's" are getting the same fundraising notices.... but they are paying.... so soon enough we will too, but it might not be money we are asked to send in.<br /><br />If there were a nationwide... wait WorldWide effort to remove your boating/fishing rights wouldn't you contact EVERYONE you know? I would, and I hope the NRA does too.

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

The nra is not calling you.<br />A telemarketing firm is calling you.<br /><br />Tell them you want to speak to a stupidvisor.<br />Then tell him/her that you are on the national and state do not call list and will report them for violating it.<br /><br />End of calls to ss house.

ED21

Master Chief Petty Officer

If the government wants your guns, membership in the NRA isn't going to make a difference.<br />That's what the NRA intends to prevent.<br />Join up & pay up.<br />It may be a right, but that doesn't mean some people won't try to take it away.<br />Ask our friends in the UK, Australia & Canada.<br />You have to stand up & be counted for what you believe in.

Barlow

Lieutenant Commander

member here<br /><br />.. if they want'em..<br />by all means .. come get'em.<br /><br />But, they better be packn' heat cause I'm not layin 'em on the ground for no man!

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

That's real shortsighted, Mayfloat. You know they are not just going to come and take your guns. They are going to whittle away at your right to own and use them, little by little, at both the state and federal level.<br /><br />The Second Amendment is of little value in the face of these crafty liberals. If they have their way they will just interperet it as they see fit, like they have done with so many other issues.<br /><br />The existance of the NRA is the ONLY reason that you can still buy and own guns today. It is a known fact that Liberal politicians live in fear of the NRA. They can only exert that influence with membership from people like you and me. <br /><br />It is also the only way you can practically help stem the tide of of the anti gunners and to help uphold the proper interperetation and defense of the second amendment. The NRA fights legal battles at both the federal and state level.<br /><br />It might have been said here before but the Libs are throwing their money at anti firearm lobbies, I plead with you to do your part.<br /><br />Just tell the telemarketers you don't want to be called, then pony up for a membership. You can do it online.<br /><br /> http://www.nramembership.org/

BoatBuoy

Rear Admiral

I'm not fearful of losing my firearms. What frightens me is that the NRA records could fall into the hands of the FBI, Homeland Security, Attorney General, etc. All these entities are fully utilizing the patriot act. I have nothing to hide, but on the other hand I'd just as soon stay very low on their radar.

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Originally posted by BoatBuoy:<br /> I'm not fearful of losing my firearms. What frightens me is that the NRA records could fall into the hands of the FBI, Homeland Security, Attorney General, etc. All these entities are fully utilizing the patriot act. I have nothing to hide, but on the other hand I'd just as soon stay very low on their radar.
Boatboy, that's an outright copout to shirk your duty as a firearm owning citizen. An open, law abiding firearm owning citizen is the very last person the FBI and Homeland Security are going to be interested in.<br /><br />I'm real thankful that the signers of the Declaration of Independance did not see things your way!

pjc

Lieutenant Commander

100% very well written post Boomyal......Thank You!!!

Scaaty

Vice Admiral

Originally posted by Fly Rod:<br />[QB] :) Was a member for 30 years!!!!<br />Gave up my membership for that and other reasons!!!<br /><br />Agreed ...I quit after a few years after they asked for more and more and more, only to build a MASSIVE NEW OFFICE COMPLEX. They are all (politions/lobbist) in bed together anyway. And the only way anyone would know what I own, is to step over the line and find out, and thats WHY I am always armed, or at least very close to one of my weapons. You think its a safe world out there, you are dreaming. And dialing 911, or calling the NRA aint gonna help.

Scaaty

Vice Admiral

Originally posted by Boomyal:<br /> [QUOTE An open, law abiding firearm owning citizen is the very last person the FBI and Homeland Security are going to be interested in.
Boom, not true. I was in the NRA. Shot in a sanctioned match to qualify for a military surplus M-1 Garand. If you think paper work and fingerprints by you local police is "uninterested"......NOT! Very interested... :D

Scaaty

Vice Admiral

And one more darn thing. (This is worse than an oil question). I've paid my dues on Bikers rights, I've supported the NRA, I've gave to many causes. Now its someone else's turn. Your children should take up the slack now. And it didn't seen to help as the same losers get elected back in, to put forth the same stupid laws anyway. That loser Kennedy and Schumer in New York should be shot in to space with no return ticket. Ted Kennedey has killed more people in his CAR, than ANY of my guns. And a lot of us here are retired, and aint got a hell of a lot of extra cash to pass around anymore. You need to elect the right PEOPLE, then you wouldn't NEED an NRA...I give up.....this just pisses me off. Keep'em loaded........