No WMD?? They not only have them, they are now using them!!

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
An artillery shell loaded with sarin was used by "insurgents" in a IED in Iraq.

ob

Admiral
Re: No WMD?? They not only have them, they are now using them!!

Surprise surprise.Not.

Carphunter

Commander

Well imagine that. Lets listen to how the left wingers somehow discount this. :mad: <br /><br />Never was a doubt in my mind. <br /><br />........now, lets let our military end this crap over there. Let 'em do their business, so we can bring 'em home.

mellowyellow

Vice Admiral

Sadam may have been sadistic, but he weren't no<br />idiot... far from it IMHO! after all, we told <br />him "exactly" when we were invading.. DUH!<br />I firmly believe long term history will hail the<br />decision to overthrow him. may not be a beacon of<br />democracy, but it's gotta be better than it was...

sloopy

Commander

J.B did you do something wrong? Admin edited something!

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Well, I must have, Sloopster. Don't remember what it was, though.<br /><br />Oh, wait. I gave a URL that didn't work. It had essentially the same info as the URL that MY gave.<br /><br />I should have deleted that myself as soon as I found out it wouldn't load.

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

A little sarin gas and some outdated musturd gas.... :rolleyes: <br /><br />Post on it when they find the "big guns", like some radioactive stuff... When they find a launch system capable of delivering a signifigant payload halfway around the world, gimme a holler....

18rabbit

Captain

Just to refresh your memory (and to educate anyone left that still depends on the alphabet news :) ) shortly after the coalition forces took Baghdad they found a memo signed by Saddam Hussein authorizing the use of chemical and biological weapons against the coalition forces.<br /><br />It is thought the weapon components were moved off site and the Iraqi’s couldn’t get the parts together in time to use them…the coalition was quicker in getting to Baghdad than they thought would happen.<br /><br />So where are the components? Notice how Syria immediately became the target of suggestions of WMD with pressure for UN inspections? Did you wonder why Libya suddenly, out of the blue, opened up to UN inspections without even being asked? … as if to say “look guys, they ain’t here!”<br /><br />I’m guessing Syria is holding something they really don’t want to be holding right now and they don’t know how to get rid of it. :)

Bigfun

Petty Officer 1st Class

Well Carphunter, Did'nt take to long :rolleyes: <br /><br />Pathetic how some are only concerned with what might harm them, as they sit in their cushy little chair, here in the U.S.<br /><br />My first thought on the news of the sarin shell was for the saftey of our troops over there.

Carphunter

Commander

Well Bigfun, I don't know what the heck your talkin about. :confused: <br /><br />If your makin an effort to take a shot at me, let me know, i'll play. :cool: <br /><br />Reread my post............s-l-o-w-l-y. Sound the words out.<br /><br />Are you serious Snapper? A WMD, is a WMD, doesn't matter what form its in.<br /><br />Just as I thought though, "Yeah, you found Sarin gas, but find Mustard gas.............Yeah, you found Mustard gas, but find some Radioactive material..............Yeah you found....ect, ect."<br /><br />Gimme a break. Ya know, thats just the answer I expected though.

boatingfool

Chief Petty Officer

A little sarin gas and some outdated musturd gas.... :rolleyes:
Snapper,<br />You oughta ba ashamed of yourself.<br /><br />Try telling that to the wife whose husband is serving in Iraq, or the Husband whose wife is serving in Iraq, or the little children whose mommy or daddy is serving in Iraq, or the mom or dad of someone who is serving in Iraq, or the brother or sister of someone serving in Iraq.....<br /><br />Some folks..... :rolleyes: <br /><br />If it doesnt affect their lives or have the potential for affecting their lives its not an important issue. Try not to be so narrow minded.

Bigfun

Petty Officer 1st Class

Carphunter, the first sentence of my post was in reference to the first sentance in your post.<br /><br /> Second sentence of my post was in reference to another poster.<br /><br /> Seemed clear to me<br /><br /> :confused:

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Originally posted by snapperbait:<br /> A little sarin gas and some outdated musturd gas.... :rolleyes: <br /><br />Post on it when they find the "big guns", like some radioactive stuff... When they find a launch system capable of delivering a signifigant payload halfway around the world, gimme a holler....
Hey Snapperbait, with logic like this I sure hope you leave some 'hanging chads' this Novemmber! :rolleyes:

KennyKenCan

Commander

I could not believe, that last night on the 11 O'clock news, on the big 3 networks (ABC, CBS, NBC), not one word about the findings of WMD in Iraq!<br /><br />And then on FOX, they were airing a replay of the U.S. General in Iraq anouncing the findings of WMD, namely Sarin Gas, and as soon as the General asked if there where any questions, some lame reporter gets up and asks about the abuses in Abu Ghradi!<br /><br />This was a news release by the U.S. Military about the discovery of WMD, and the media wasn't interested!<br /><br />3 months ago, all we heard from the media was how Goerge Bush lied to the American public about WMD, claiming that WMD was not found.<br /><br />Well, guess what, THEY FOUND IT!<br /><br />NOW REPORT IT!!<br /><br />But no, if the main-stream media was to now report that WMD was found, that would give credibility to the President, and they can not do that, because their objective is to see that George Bush does not win re-election, at any cost!<br /><br />What a sad and pathetic country we live in!

gaugeguy

Captain

I want them to find the WMD's just as much as anybody to shut the Dems up and make them eat crow, but...I do think this was an outdated shell filled with sarin. Thankfully, I think they didn't know what they had. They must have thought it was just a regular H.E. artillery shell. If the insurgents knew it was loaded with gas they would have popped it where it would have done way more damage.

KennyKenCan

Commander

gaugeguy,<br /><br />It may be what we, the U.S., would call an out of date weapon, but to the terrorist's, it would be like opening your presents on Christmas morning.<br /><br />The shell was manufactured in France in 1988, and is the exact thing that Saddam said he did not have, a chemical warhead!<br /><br />And even if it was outdated, it still could function, thank God it wasn't detonated.<br /><br />I definitly think that you are right, when you said that these terrost's did not know what they had.<br /><br />I'm sure, that had they known that it was a chemical warhead, they would have used it.

gaugeguy

Captain

Totally agree Kenny, I bet Ahkmed is kicking himself in the rump after hearing he just detonated a chemical warhead.<br /><br />I saw up close and personal the weapons the Iraqi's fight with. If that shell was made in 1988 that is state of the art equipment for them.

mellowyellow

Vice Admiral

excerpt from foxnews:<br />"They believe the mustard gas shell may have been one of 550 projectiles for which former Iraqi President Saddam Hussein failed to account when he made his weapons declaration shortly before Operation Iraqi Freedom began last year. Iraq also failed to then account for 450 aerial bombs with mustard gas. That, combined with the shells, totaled about 80 tons of unaccounted for mustard gas. "<br /><br />80 tons! :eek:

Carphunter

Commander

Well Bigfun, then my apologies if I misunderstood your post. <br /><br />I agree with Kenny 100%! <br /><br />The majority of these WMD's are in Syria, and as these insurgents start to step up their attacks, these weapons are gonna make their way BACK into Iraq. <br /><br />I hate to even say this, but I believe that there will be a successful WMD attack in Iraq. We need to take the handcuffs off our soldiers before that happens. :mad: <br /><br />Stupid liberal biased media! :mad: <br />Makes me so dang mad! :mad: