I have a 140/3.0 mercruiser engine rebuilted , new carb ,alternator ran fine until alternator belt broke I ran it back to dock n felt a loss of power changed fuel filters n hose still no power rpm's won't go pass 26-2800 can anyone help !
My alternator belt broke off when I was in the water so I ddnt have my tools with so I drive boat to the docks to put it on trailer while I was driving boat back I felt a loss of power so I figured the battery ran low since it ddnt have a belt so I recharged it took it back out and it's still the same even changed fuel filter to separator n fuel pump n still no luck.
he also was telling me the carb must of gotten dirt in it he will have to take it apart n clean also run a fuel pressure test . Didnt think I would have trouble with a rebuilt block , new carb ,alternator , points ,plugs , wires , fuel filters.