No one wants to discuss Fallujah?

Toad2001

Chief Petty Officer
Re: No one wants to discuss Fallujah?

You may like the quote, and I too like to see terrorists put out of commission, but the problem is, they will, and you will see, reciprocate by blowing up a transit system or equivalent...

Dunaruna

Admiral

Woodrust, <br /><br />[But these people are very different, They hate everybody. Their neighbours, their friends, even their own families. And they won't quit killing each other or American Soldiers. Not today, not tomorrow, not 90 days or even 90 years from now. Death to them is a way of life & heaven. Look at their history!!!] <br /><br />I agree 100%.<br /><br />You said we wern't there in 2003, simply untrue. I was comparing the SIZE of the U.S. forces to ours. Nothing 'between the lines' here, no offence intended.<br /><br />And yes, the war is not only in Iraq, everyone (muslim or not) is in their sights, if the bomb in spain wasnt mistimed, thousands would have died, the Bali bomb misfired and mistimed, half a ton (508kg) of fertilizer (chemical of choice for the terorists) discovered in London & 6 arrested (40kg used in Bali).<br /><br />Even in the sleepy hollow were I live all this scares the h*ll out of me, especially for my children & future grandchildren. As long as my elected government supports the U.S. in this war, I will support them, and I'm in the majority of my fellow Aussies. Aldo

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

This is a war against Western Civilization, of which Woodrust is a part of. He would have us lay down and give up, or maybe he just thinks that if we are real nice they will leave us alone. :confused:

Toad2001

Chief Petty Officer

Correction: terrorism is a war against civilization.<br /><br />Its interesting to me to see a glaring contradiction. While my views on the war are that it wasn't justified (no WMD). There are also many posts suggesting the country should ,or should have been nuked. Kind of extreme don't you think? No WMD's...But the nation should have been nuked by Americans because Sadam killed some of his people and has been hostile in the past?<br /><br />Yes Sadam and his regime was evil, and eventually needed to be dealt with, I agree. But Al Queda should be priority 1. I have said this for six months not just since Richard Clarke appeared. <br /><br />Note: Wasn't Iraq pretty much contained up until the war started - by the UN...Looks like a civil war is starting or has started now. They take a while to simmer down. And you thought Sadam killed a lot of people...<br /><br />Somebody please show me a shred of evidence linking Sadam and Bin Laden. I am unaware of any. Bush should be looking where his buddies are - in Saudi Arabia as well. That's where some of Bin Laden's allies are.<br /><br />The "Western/Civilized World" needs to be cautious about how it tackles global terrorism. Unless you want to live in fear and never step on another bus, take a subway, airplane, train, or walk in a public building without fear that its going to blow, government needs to take a lead by going after terrorism aggressively with tact, diplomacy, and use all democratic means it can.<br /><br />An Eye for an Eye makes the whole world blind -Ghandi

mikeandronda

Lieutenant Commander

Ahhhh but Toad, Saddam and bin laden are birds of a feather. They both call for Jihad at the drop of a hat. Even if Saddam doesnt have WMD and it all was a mistake he could have avoided this war by allowing the un to see that he had none. Its like the cops asking to search your house or car and you refusing, so then they go and get a search warent and you get mad when they were wrong. Should of went along with the program.

Kiwi Phil

Commander

Good on you for raising the topic Plywood. I enjoy your posts. Most are spot on.<br /><br />Woodrust, I think I understand what you were getting at with your list.<br /><br />You mentioned Khyber Pass, well don't forget what Iraq did to an English force in the early 1900's.<br /><br />As for taking to these people with the big stick........fine.....but just make sure you take to the culprits, and don't just lash out at those not involved.<br /><br />As for Israel, well I wonder if there will be a country called Israel at the end of this Century. Israel is little better than the Nazi of the 30/40's. That approach is not going to work just as it hasn't in the past. I am very thankful Israel is not my neighbour. I personally believe the country is not far from collapse, and the only thing keeping it afloat is American support.<br /><br />Iraq...well, there are a couple of problems you have here.There were no WMB, no terrorists or terrorists support from or by Iraq, and without mentioning names, we were lied to, not just little porkies, but big down right lies.<br /><br />As for calling those mongrels and idiots in Iraq fighting the Coalition "terrorists", well WRONG. They have nothing in common with the terrorists that have been attacking America and its interests over the past decade. They are 2 totally different peoples, with totally different goals.<br /><br />During your war of Independance, didn't the Brits call your forces "Rebels" when in fact they were rightly freedom fighters.<br /> <br />Guns and bullets will never win hearts and minds, and before you jump on me just remember, the events of 11 Sep didn't win any American heart or mind did it. Well the same applies to other peoples.<br /><br />When you ask for help/assistance/support/anything, in tracking down the real terrorists, you will find the whole world will be with you. Lash out at some country just because you don't like them, and you may fail. The support you would have for a genuine cause would stagger you, because we all feel the same way as you and are greatful you have the guts to make a stand and take the lead, but get the wrong one for your own personal reasons, then you stand alone.<br /><br />It is rather difficult being the kitten in the lions den.<br />cheers<br />Phillip

Toad2001

Chief Petty Officer

Good post Phil.<br />Ironic about Israel. Not only is it only around because of America's support, but its obvious that America has suffered serious consequences because of its strong support of Israel.<br />Not sure of the solution, but if it were my business, I would have cut my losses long ago.<br /><br />mikeandronda, I agree with you. I just think all efforts should be focussed on Al Queda. Bin Ladan should have been caught by now. Whats next to go? The sears tower? You have the full international community's support to do what needs to be done to bring Al Queda to its knees, unlike the opposition you saw with Iraq. Imagine what progress could have been made if the President, the pentagon, the FBI, the CIA, and the entire American military combined with the armies of every civil nation in the world were focused entirely on terrorism instead of being side tracked with the unnecessary Iraq war over the past year. What a shame.

plywoody

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Adide from all the other problems that this excursion into Iraq has/is causing, perhaps as big a problem is the loss of credibility of the US in the world community.<br /><br />What will the world reaction be the next time we bring "evidence" based on "intelligence" to the world community???<br /><br />And, yes, it does matter. We cannot prevail against terrorists and terrorism unless we involve and get the help of the entire civilized world. Unless we plan on leveling them all.

Kiwi Phil

Commander

This is only my wild opinion gentlemen, so please treat it as such. <br /><br />I wonder if Bush wasn't the monkey in the stupid hat with the dog colar and chain, and Blair the clown winding the handle of the music box.<br /><br />I just can't fathom why the USA went after Iraq. After Sep 11, I recall a news item saying the NY Mayor handed back the big big cheque the Saudi Prince donated to the relief fund, as he suspected Saudi citizens involvement. How the devil did he work in out in a matter of days.<br /><br />Nothing pointed to Iraq being the Motherland of terrorism against the USA, and your leadership must have known that, so who the hell put Bush up to attacking Iraq.<br /><br />As I said, just my wild opinion.<br /><br />Down here, we too are concerned about another terrorist attack against us. I personally would be more comfortable with an all out effort to rid the world of Bin Laden and his mates, where as the news coming in looks as though there may be a sizable civil war about to explode in Iraq if the Coalition can not contain the situation, and God only knows, we don't want to be embroiled in that if it gets going.<br /><br />And Plywood, the next time you (the USA) brings "evidence" etc to the world, if its the truth, then never fear, the free world will be there with you. Just like in Afghanastan, there will be troops from countries we never knew had Armies.(in fact, we probably didn't know existed). That's why we are all free.<br /><br />Cheers<br />Phillip

muskyone

Master Chief Petty Officer

why is everyone so sure there are no wmd just becuse we haven't found them yet dosen't mean thay aren't there

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Originally posted by muskyone:<br />why is everyone so sure there are no wmd just because we haven't found them yet doesn't mean they aren't there
True muskyone, just something else for them to use in a election year.

Carphunter

Commander

Its pretty easy to sit here and criticize while your sittin safely behind your computer screen, ain't it?<br /><br />Some people in this country make me sick. In times of war, which this is now, as a country, we should stand behind our leaders and what they are trying to accomplish,..........and yet, we bicker, we point our fingers and say, "We shouldn't do that", or, "We shouldn't be there". This dangerous spread of Liberalism is going to be the downfall of this country. <br />This administration, just like our soldiers, needs all of our support. I say, If you can't support 'em, then keep your mouth shut. <br /><br />By constantly bashing this administration and their policies, you weaken this countries resolve, and ultimately doom it to failure. (You know who you are).<br /><br />So, the next time you want to blame someone, look squarely in the mirror and say, "Did I really help support this administration during these tough times"?<br /><br />Remember, the President is the Commander in Chief, by constantly slamming him, you are taking "pot-shots" at are military in general.<br /><br />If your not supporting the President, then your not supporting the troops,.........and if your not supporting the fine men and women in uniform, then you need to pack up and move somewhere else.<br /><br />......and if you don't like what I said, too bad.

oddjob

Commander

why is everyone so sure there are no wmd just becuse we haven't found them yet dosen't mean thay aren't there
whinning complainers who must contest that 2+2=8 to make any point.
No WMD's? The evidence proves otherwise. The only lie here is the one you folks are telling yourselves. <br /><br />The days of telling a lie over and over again to sway the population are over now that we are in the information age.

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Good post Carpy. I said that a long time ago, that if you can't support the prez, then leave. It's simple as that.<br /><br />You don't have to vote for him, you don't even have to like him, but at least be American enough to support him, whatever party they are from.<br /><br />Sure, there have been Presidents that I have not seen eye to eye with what they were doing, but I supported them.<br /><br />Exactly what's wrong with the US today, too much bickering and not enough working between the 2 partys.

Toad2001

Chief Petty Officer

Carphunter,<br /><br />I have no issue with what you said.<br />I also have the right to voice my opinion, I don't think Bush has made the right decisions during these times of volatility and his failed attempt to remove a perceived threat and stabilize part of the Mulsim world. <br /><br />Perhaps if people did talk about it he would think more about his actions except for on election day.<br /><br />Your president made a bad call. Speak up about it. The people in Iraq couldn't speak up against Sadam, but why do you feel the need to propagate a hush attitude against anybody who states the obvious when it comes to whats going on in the war. I realize you are a Republican but Bush isn't that sacred!

Elmer Fudge

Lieutenant Commander

We do have a larger coalition than in gulf war one,the only problem that i see with this coalition,is that the USA is footing the entire bill :(

Carphunter

Commander

Toad,<br />It sure doesn't suprise me that you don't see eye to eye with me,...............I don't think we have seen eye to eye on any issue. But, thats ok.<br />First of all, I don't believe that "My President" made a bad call, as you say. Overthrowing an evil dictator is never a "bad call" as I see it. Never.<br /><br />My opinion is the world is a much safer place than it was pre-9/11.<br /><br />Apparently whats obvious to you, is not so obvious to some of us.<br /><br />Re-read SBN's post. Some of you hate Bush so much, that your blind with your criticism. <br />If someone you liked was the President, and he handled this situation the same way, I have a feeling that your criticism would be muted.<br /><br />Were going to spend countless dollars, and time, and effort trying to figure out if the Bush administration handled 9/11 correctly. Hindsight is 20/20. Nothing like this ever happened before, (You could say Pearl Harbor, but there has never been an attack like this on the mainland), So, I am sure there are things that we could have done better. But instead of looking at what happened, and trying to figure out ways to keep it from happening again, all they are trying to do is find a way to pass the blame on someone, namely Bush, and this administration. That does nobody any good. Take that time, and effort, and money, and put towards are fight against terrorism, where it is needed. We need to learn from what happened, but is it necessary to roast the President? I don't think so. The terrorists are sittin back lovin this i'm sure.<br /><br />There is way too much in-fighting within this country. We spend so much time bickering and arguing among ourselves, its no wonder that 9/11 happened.<br /> <br />We have a very strong military, but the Liberalism in this country is making us weak. Freedom is not free, something we shouldn't forget.<br /><br />If you are from the United States, then support the United States. <br /><br />Bush may not be sacred, but your liberal views are certainly not sacred either.

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

Boy, I had a long rant that wasnt too PC so I will summarize.<br /><br />Iraqis dont want our humanatarism, they want misery!<br /><br />I say let em have it, and pull out. The threat againt the USA is gone. Who cares what happens next.<br /><br />Maybe if they had a better attitude, I would too.<br /><br />But then again, I forget we are all victims of the IDIOT USA Media, which only shows us the problems in Iraq, not the good things. Where is the positive propaganda machine to balance things out??<br /><br />Ken

mellowyellow

Vice Admiral

ditto Ken.<br />clerics who have tremendous influence of their<br />followers are using religion for their own political<br />aspirations. I don't even know if these people<br />realize they are being totally minipulated for<br />purely power hunger reasons.<br />as we get closer to the handover of power, these<br />kind of power struggles will become worse...<br />these fake religious leaders are the real deamons<br />here, not the poor, uneducated teenage/20 something<br />boys they are arming and sending out to do<br />"God's work"... <br />BTW, 1,000 marines have the city surrounded and<br />are going door to door to disarm everybody.