No one wants to discuss Fallujah?

plywoody

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Or the current protests in Iraq?<br /><br />This was not the dancing in the streets that Cheney had envisioned, I think.<br /><br />And we are going to turn over control of this country in 90 days? To whom, I wonder?<br /><br />What a mess! And all too predictable, sad to say.<br /><br />And Bin Laden's primary terrorist recruiting tool was the fact that the US was maintaining a military presence in Saudi Arabia, with the notion that the US wanted to invade and occupy some oil rich Middle Eastern country.<br /><br />So much for progress on the war on terror.<br /><br />Sad to say, I am not particularly happy about it, but the results we are seeing were all too predictable--with any sort of solution becoming more and more impossible, as peace between the Palestinians and Israelis is.

mellowyellow

Vice Admiral
Re: No one wants to discuss Fallujah?

perhaps the only news we see is the negative?<br />not unlike this country where a few hundred<br />protesters make the news, but the millions <br />opposed (silent majority) never do ....

Whaler Proud

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I have an uncle working in construction in Baghdad. I am posting his email where he mentions the Fallujah incident and gives his opinion and some insight as to what is going on.<br /><br />Previous email almost always mentions the lack of positive news being broadcast out of Iraq. This is very similar to letters and tapes he would send when he was stationed in Saigon during the Vietnam war. <br /><br />Make your own opinion, but this comes from someone right smack dab in the middle of all of this. Except for the comment about the nukes (kind of gives you an idea of his age), I agree with his statements:<br /><br />All,<br />Another week passes and not a lot of news except for the usual bombings etc. Got to admit that deal in Fallujah the other day went beyond the limit of what I call humanity. Only problem now is that the Coalition is talking tough instead of acting and then explaining. Never will understand why anyone in any kind of warfare wants to give advance notice on their actions. Be like Harry Truman, nuke them and then tell them they can quit or go on for more. <br /> <br />We're going along on the GE power plant job here in Baghdad but did have some sniper shots fired onto the site this past week. I was out and about a couple days and noticed an increase in our forces on the streets after the Fallujah incident. Looks like I'll go to Kuwait on April 25/26 to get a visa before going on my leave. Cost me money to sit there as lose the Iraq uplift. KBR (Halliburton) is shutting down or have shut down the work in the South area (Basra) so that has put a lot of people on the street. Will probably lead to demonstrations and such down there right away as that's something the local dislike, being laid off. Overall, I'd say this week was not in favor or our side in all regards and hope things turn around next week. <br /> <br />Hope everyone's well on your end.

mikeandronda

Lieutenant Commander

Plywoody it almost seems like your a sympethizer sp? with these lowlife scum who drag humens through the streets like they are animals. Maybe your right, maybe we shouldnt hand over their country to them in a month. Maybe we should do what most other countries do when they win a war and take over. As for the war on terror we only hear about our boys who die there because that is all that matters to us, I can only imagine how many dirty rotten terrorists die each day at our hands. We are winning the war......you seem to be an intellegent man why cant you see there will be deaths on both sides. And boo hoo hoo they are protesting us being there. Too bad so sad, they are lucky to be able to protest. :mad: :mad: :mad:

WoodRust

Seaman

Sorry mikeandronda but I for one disagree with you. Read this before, watched it before -> Vietnam.<br /><br />Only this time it's much much worse. The 90 day talk is to make sure Americans don't think they're sucked in to another nightmare.<br /><br />But these people are very different, They hate everybody. Their neighbours, their friends, even their own families. And they won't quit killing each other or American Soldiers. Not today, not tomorrow, not 90 days or even 90 years from now. Death to them is a way of life & heaven. Look at their history!!! <br /><br />We British quit along time ago- Iraq 1946, India & Israel the same year. Egypt, Syria, Pakistan....Every heard of the Kyber Pass in Afganistan? A hundred years of attempts to do what 'America is gonna do in 90 days????<br /><br />Sorry, but it won't end for you for a long time.

mikeandronda

Lieutenant Commander

Well I guess my frustration is getting to me, but what Im trying to say is if we wanted we could have wiped their country off the face of the earth like many other countries would have. We have the strength,power weapons and manpower to end all of there hatred cuz they would all be dead " if we wanted " We hear so much about our fallen heros because they mean so much to us, but like in somalia " black hawk down " where animals much like the ones we are dealing with in Iraq dragged our men thru the streets, We lost 18 men and they lost with the conservitive guess, from 2000 to 10000 men. We are doing the same here killing thousands of the enemy and losing 100s. Im not saying that even one loss on our side is ok. Just a nessasary evil. Because other than the Brits ( maybe ausies) nobody else had the Balls to field a formidable force in order to end the evil riegn of a terrorist loving inhuman scumbag who was a threat to anybody he could not crush, we have to deal with what seems like a qaugmire. But somebody had to do it. We know it will not be short or easy. but we will prevail. As far as Im concerned if it cant be done in the 90 days then we need to step it up and force it to be done. Sorry for my rant. :mad:

WoodRust

Seaman

mikeandronda<br /><br />These people are really really bad. Nuke the place? Good idea but a tad bit of a problem with 'oil' wouldn't you say? Like none or $5,000 a barrel for whats left. Islam is a religion of hate. And that's is what all of these people believe.<br /><br /> I now understand why God gave them the oil. Nations of Hate have it & Nations of Peace want it. Fitting end to this 'last days'.

mikeandronda

Lieutenant Commander

You may be right woodrust. <br />"I now understand why God gave them the oil. Nations of Hate have it & Nations of Peace want it. Fitting end to this 'last days'."<br /><br />I dont believe nukeing anybody will ever be a solution I sometimes im even ashamed of my feelings of wanting to wipe out a whole nation of people but man if this is the type of people we are up against then I say destroy them......<br /><br />But then I remember what Jesus said.....love your enemies. I have to admit Im not very good at this. :confused: :mad: :confused:

18rabbit

Captain

other than the Brits ( maybe ausies) nobody else had the Balls to field a formidable force in order to end the evil riegn ...
Italy tries but is limited by its economy and mired in the politics that is the EU…which doesn’t want any of its member nations involved. The Italians always show up for a party…they’re still hanging in there with us, England and Australia.<br /><br />Btw: after WWII, Sicily begged for admittance into the United States as the 51st State. They were denied.

WoodRust

Seaman

18rabbit <br /><br />1914 Everyone but The USA goes to war<br />1939 Everyone but The USA goes to war<br />1951 Everyone joins The USA in the war in Korea<br /><br />1964 No one joins the USA war in Vietnam<br /><br />1991 Everyone joins the USA (including arabs,-Syria) against Iraq<br />2001 Everyone joins the USA in the war on terrorism (Afganistan)<br /><br />2003 No one (save few) join the USA in the war on Iraq<br /><br />Whoops!

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Save a few??<br /><br />Count 'em, Woody.<br /><br />The coalition in Iraq has more member nations than did Desert Storm.<br /><br />You've been listening to the liberal media again.

18rabbit

Captain

Woodrust – I can’t really explain this but I have a gut feeling (nothing more) that what is happening in Iraq is a lot less about the United States and a lot more about England…quietly. And it makes me feel really uncomfortable. I don’t feel that way about what happened in Afghanistan/Pakistan, just Iraq. :confused:

WoodRust

Seaman

Wrong JB !!!!<br /><br />You counted the number of countries who said 'okay' not the number who actually 'invaded in 2003' No Spain No Aussie, No Canada, No,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

WoodRust

Seaman

18rabbit<br /><br />9/11 was & is horrible to me, as it is to many more. But that was *not Islam* it was a scum called -bin laden-<br /><br />Iraq, Islam. These people are very different. They hate you, they hate me, they hate everyone. No TV, no press, no pictures (that's CNN, FOX) They are just going to kill-period<br /><br />bin laden thinks he's a god & he's not. Never has been, never will be.

Bondo

Staff member

We British quit along time ago- Iraq 1946, India & Israel the same year. Egypt, Syria, Pakistan....Every heard of the Kyber Pass in Afganistan? A hundred years of attempts to do what 'America is gonna do in 90 days????<br />
There's a bit of a difference between Empire Building,+ Nation Building............<br /><br />I think we need to adopt an Israeli Attitude........<br />Send in the Tanks,+ Choppers........<br />Knock on the door with a Missile............. ;)

WoodRust

Seaman

I think we need to adopt an Israeli Attitude........<br />Send in the Tanks,+ Choppers........<br />Knock on the door with a Missile....<br /><br />Great idea Bondo! Just 2 questions for you..<br /><br />1) How come the Israeli have been doing such for the last few **years** & things have gotten worse for them?? Nothing like winning - Eh!<br /><br />2) When one of these nut-cases straps a bomb to their body, steps on a school bus in the USA and pulls the 'pin' what's your 2nd plan to win??

oddjob

Commander

Sorry PW, but I would much rather go and fight along side our brave fighting men and women than argue with a couple of whinning complainers who must contest that 2+2=8 to make any point.

Dunaruna

Admiral

Woodrust, J.B. is right. There are many countries involved on the ground (30 or so?) Not all are combatants. Medical, technical, engineers, aid workers etc.<br /><br />No other country in this war has the fire power or size as the U.S. armed forces, its impossible for us to match ground forces man for man. If it was, we would!<br /><br />Our elite and your elite invaded prewar as intelligence gatherers and paved the way for the main force. We were there, and still are.<br /><br />Aldo

mikeandronda

Lieutenant Commander

JB your right there are many countries who "support" us in Iraq but tell me how many have over 2000 troops there ....for that mattewr 1000 troops there. If Im wrong Im happy to be wrong about this, but I remember a post listing other countries troops in Iraq and in many cases it was just a tolken force at best.....And dont get me wrong Im greatful that our country has any help but dang it we could use more.

WoodRust

Seaman

Dunaruna <br />--No other country in this war has the fire power or size as the U.S. armed forces--<br /><br />This is a not war It's a way of life for islamics. These people don't go away!! After they send your family, your friends, your nephews, nieces & cousins home in 'boxes' - It's your turn! <br /><br />Like I said before there is a big difference between *scum filth bin laden* and islam.