NFL - Regular Season Debates/News/Banter

aspeck

Staff member
Dez Bryant, the newest Saint, is reported to have torn his Achilles

aspeck

Staff member
Now reports from Pittsburgh are that Ding-Dong came back to Pittsburgh to NOT report. He has till Tuesday or he will not play this year. I keep reminding myself that this is a 26 year old kid and just because he can run and catch doesn't mean he is mature and knows how to be a part of a team.

Old Ironmaker

Captain
Ian Rappaport just reported at 09:20 eastern time on the NFL network that our favorite dbag is NOT expected to report by the due date. Rappaport, who's reporting I find to be solid, says that Bell was under the impression that if he did not report he would not be eligible for the 25 mil franchise tag next year. He learned he will be eligible whether he reports this year or not. Where is this guy getting his what I presume is highly paid for information from, his Mom? From what I read the Steelers are not automatically on the hook to pay this 25 mil franchise tag. Any insight into that fact guys?

Old Ironmaker

Captain
Dez Bryant, the newest Saint, is reported to have torn his Achilles

That's really sad to hear. I as well would never wish anyone injury. I may not like his attitude but he sure is/was fun to watch what he can do when playing Football.

Do these wide outs all, or most all, take something to make them act like Prima Donna's?

bassman284

Commander
Now reports from Pittsburgh are that Ding-Dong came back to Pittsburgh to NOT report. He has till Tuesday or he will not play this year. I keep reminding myself that this is a 26 year old kid and just because he can run and catch doesn't mean he is mature and knows how to be a part of a team.

Well yeah speck, 26 does look pretty young to old-timers like you and me but I also think by the time you're 26 you ought to know something. I'd like to think that when I was 26 I wouldn't walk away from my team and leave $15 million on the table assuming that act would induce another team to pay me even more next year. I think it's more likely other teams will look at this and ask themselves, "Do we really want a flake like this on our team?" I don't know, maybe somebody will.

aspeck

Staff member
I agree with you, BM, he SHOULD know better at 26, but he is also susceptible to peer pressure. I don’t know who is telling him what, and I think he is a Ding-Dong, dbag, whatever, and I hope he never dons a Steeler uniform again. But someone will look at him as a “project” and think they can handle him correctly. The guy needs to learn the universe doesn’t revolve around him and there is always someone else to step up and take your place if you fail to show or perform.

And Ironmaker, yes, I hate to see anyone hurt also. Knee surgery and shoulder surgery shortened my football career... even though it wasn’t much of a career ... never played after the 6th game of my high school senior year ...

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Give these kids multi million dollars and they go bonkers. In ding dongs case, he thinks he's the best thing since sliced bread. And the world is his oyster. Well, I think that oyster has been in the sun too long...

My senior year was cut short too with a deep thigh bruise...

bassman284

Commander
Give these kids multi million dollars and they go bonkers. In ding dongs case, he thinks he's the best thing since sliced bread. And the world is his oyster. Well, I think that oyster has been in the sun too long...

My senior year was cut short too with a deep thigh bruise...

Yeah, I had one of those. After 10 or 15 years it didn't feel quite so bad.

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Yeah, I had one of those. After 10 or 15 years it didn't feel quite so bad.

My left shoulder has been messed up for many, many years due to football. Not near bad enough 4 surgery, thankfully... Would i do it all over again, probably...

aspeck

Staff member
My shoulder was popping out of join just rolling over in bed ... for 7 years I could pop it back in myself (about 10 times a week). Then one day I couldn’t get it back in myself. Just so happens the doc that did those surgeries walked into the dealership. Sold him three cars and he popped my shoulder back in place and operated on it 2 weeks later.

The knee was what totally stopped my playing career ... so I played Lacrosse in college... some people never learn.

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Cooper Kupp is out 4 the season. ACL. That's gonna hurt the Rams...

Bengals fire defensive coordinator Tyrel Austin...

aspeck

Staff member
Let's see, Mahome's girlfriend's stepfather dies at game on Sunday.

Dez Bryant injured so the Saints reach out to Brandon Marshall and sign him to take Dez's place in the geriatric WR position.

Ram's WR Krupp out for the season with a torn ACL

Eagle's cornerback, Ronald Darby out for the season with a torn ACL

And just a little over 26 hours away from the deadline for Ding-Dong to let us all know what his intentions are and we either talk about his play or we don't talk about him at all.

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Just another day in the NFL. Too bad about yhe step father...

For the 3rd time, I think, ding dong is done with the Steelers. Hope he doesnt make me a liar....:lol:

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
Cooper Kupp is out 4 the season. ACL. That's gonna hurt the Rams...

The good thing is that the Rams have a ton of receivers and Kupp's backup played well when Kupp was out earlier in the season.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
1 hour and 13 minutes past dbag's reporting time.

A no show.