NFL - Regular Season Debates/News/Banter

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
McCoy couldn't go to the Eagles because the Bills didn't trade him. It wasn't his choice to make, but maybe during the off season.

Wonder if it's too late for the Steelers to tear up the franchise offer sheet for the dbag?

WIMUSKY

Staff member
It's amazing dbag puts himself above the whole team and management He's reaching the point of no return. If he were to come back, the plsyers may shun hime, ir they will each smack him behi d the head.

i suppose the Steelers could get rid of him, but it would cost a barrel load of money. If he does come back, let him sit on the bench, otherwise, Bell wins... Just one mans opinion..

aspeck

Staff member
Steelers could not trade him unless he signed the contract. He wasn't going to sign, because he SAYS he wants to retire as a Steeler. He just doesn't want to play as much... he doesn't want to be in for 400 snaps a year, but he wants to be paid the equivalent of #1 wide receiver AND a #1 running back. So he wants to be paid for 500 snaps a year, but only play 300 snaps a year, and touch the ball 200-225 snaps a year. Somehow his math does not add up, but if people are willing to pay him ... I do think that this year showed everyone that he is not as great as he thinks he is ... his offensive line has a lot to do with his yards/games. Conner, his "back-up" has 3 games this year where he has rushed for over 100 yards, had over 200 yards total offense, and 2 or more TD's. Last year, the entire year, Bell had 1 such game. Hmmmm .... And Conner is a team guy. Give me Conner.

GA_Boater

The dbag is confused. If he wants to use his value to the team as a bargaining chip, Conner has blown that out of the water.

Kind of apples and oranges, but comparing Bell and Conner through 7 games across the last two seasons;

connervbell.PNG

I think this shows Bell isn't playing a good game of poker - It's hard to bluff with promises to help the team given his lack of help this season.

The chart came from this article about him skipping the season - https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...e-entire-season-why-steelers-might-prefer-it/

Old Ironmaker

Captain
McCoy couldn't go to the Eagles because the Bills didn't trade him. It wasn't his choice to make, but maybe during the off season.

Wonder if it's too late for the Steelers to tear up the franchise offer sheet for the dbag?

Exactly GA, wasn't McCoys decision to make. And what do you get for a 30 year old or so RB. a 3rd, a 4th maybe. McCoy did sit out a game, that they won against a highly rated Viking crew at the time. He did sit that game but his rush total is the lowest at the half way point since coming into the league. He is trying to win the game alone, break one of those Shady, zag, zag, zip zoom zoom gonzo runs. But no one can run through a brick wall and that is what is in front of him when he gets the ball. He has basically a new O line in front of him and 2 that left were pro bowl players, maybe all 3. That's tough on a RB when there is nowhere to run or hide. There are 10 jobs available at 1 Bills Drive. This is a tough year to be a Bills fan, one of many tough years. My first NFL game was an exhibition game at the old, and I mean old War Memorial Stadium. I've been to the Coliseum in Rome, it reminded me of the old War Memorial Stadium. That night I couldn't take my eyes off the new rookie that just won the Heisman. He wore #36 that game. That was the summer of the riots across the USA. Our bus was pelted with bricks and rocks on Main St. on the way back to the University where the car was, a few minor injuries. I was never on a bus doing 50 MPH in the city street before or since. Imagine the story I told when out home room grade 9 teacher went around the room asking us what did you do this past summer to a class of 13 year old Ontarians. The teacher asks Betty " What did you do this summer?" she replies "We went camping up north and I saw a bear." Johnny what did you do? "Ya got an hour here teach?"

As far as Bell, yes I now agree he is an idiot, or has an agent that certainly is. I'm sure Math wasn't taken at whatever College he attended if he ever went to class. I don't get it, and many that are close to the details and are insiders of the NFL don't get it either.

Wow the 49ers are hammering Oakland. Chucky is one unhappy Millionaire.

Last edited:

aspeck

Staff member
As far as Bell, yes I now agree he is an idiot, or has an agent that certainly is. I'm sure Math wasn't taken at whatever College he attended if he ever went to class. I don't get it, and many that are close to the details and are insiders of the NFL don't get it either.

Now you are understanding what Pittsburgh fans have known for a while. Bell played 9 games in 2015, injury. He missed the first 4 games of 2016 because of a banned substance issue. He sat out training Camp in 2017 and reported just before the season started and was rusty the first 3 games of the season. Then he missed a game because of injury. he hasn't played a full season since 2014. And here is a shock, his production has been up and down as per the talent on his offensive line. Conner steps in and does as good or in some cases, better, than Bell. Maybe it is the O line and not as much the RB????

Then you add on Bell and his agent's math skills, and someone is giving Bell a lot of bad intel and it will only hurt him in the long run.

GA_Boater

If and when the dbag in inducted into the HOF (not a sure thing) as a Steeler (that's a lock - :rolleyes:) what past Steeler will introduce him? I'm not sure he has many friends on the current team except for Brown trying to half-heartedly offer some defense.

Googling "Le'Veon Bell news" is always interesting; Ravens DC Wink Martindale (job change from game show host?) burns him, $7.7M in losses and climbing, stats show Conner is outperforming Bell, etc., etc.

https://www.google.com/search?q=le'veon+bell+news&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-b-1

Old Ironmaker

Captain
This Bell thing reminds me of when our bargaining unit employees walked out twice when I was working. The 1st time it was "Fun in the Sun in 81" By the middle of December it wasn't much fun. The second was 3 months in 90'. 4 1/2 months for 25 cents an hour in 81 over 3 years, 90 was for less. No one wins in the long run. I asked a few of the guys why? The answer was once you start you have to finish even if it's too late to win. Maybe that's Bell.

GA_Boater

Browns fans will never know! But he did coach the Browns to their best season in 3 years and if they don't win again this year that truth remains along with the recycled Bud Light cans. :lol:

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
For you Bell fans......

From NFL.com ahead of this week's game:

"Honestly, no one cares anymore," said Steelers guard David DeCastro. "Why would I? I don't want to waste the energy. I have to block some of the best players on the best defense in the world. Do you think I'm going to worry about a guy who's not here?"

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
Ok... I tried. I can only keep up with one team but all the debate on bell is thought I'd try.

aspeck

Staff member
Leā€™Veon Ding-Dong? Is that who you mean, Joe?