flyinfinn

Recruit
bought a 1989 winner intrigue last year.was neighbors boat , & i always admired the lines.havent used it as much as id like 2 but had it out some.has filled in holes in cavitation plate where hydrofoil use to be.boat is slugish to get on plane,so i wonder if there is a reason someone would remove the hydrofoil.lots of oxidation also so would appreciate any tips on the least labor intensive methods of restorihg the shine.also planning on replacing the decking this fall and am receptive to all tips and or advice on this as well.its a fun boat and handles lake st clare well other than the sluggish take off and planing

Ken Barber

Seaman
Re: newbie

Newbie,

I highly reccomend Poli Glow system to bring your hull to almost new condition. Google - Poli Glow for all info on this system. It sounds like a lot of work, but I did the hull on my 18.5 Winner CC in about 4 hours the first time, now just put on four coats at the beginning of the season (1/2 hour) and I am good to go. I have had the finish on for two seasons and it still looks great!

I also tried waxes and 3M cleaner restorer in the past, worked my butt off, only to have it last less than a year.

Ken

Attachments

• Ken boat.JPG
    Ken boat.JPG
    33.3 KB · Views: 0
Last edited: