New VIP owner

Status
Not open for further replies.

LuckyStickerCo

Recruit
I've never owned a boat before, but I recently purchased a 1989 VIP Vision 1700.
I bought it because the engine was familiar. It is a Ford 2.3L i4.

I know nothing about most of it really, and itsi missing a few things, so I'll have lots of questions.

Thanks for having this forum

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
welcome aboard, and congrats on the new boat.

unfortunately you bought one of the lease supported drive lines in the boating world. OMC has been out of buisness for decades and the pinto motor used in some of them was extremely short lived and under-powered for most installations.

VIPUK

Cadet
Hello All - New member from the UK who has just started a project on an 18 foot VIP bowrider with a 4.3 OMC Cobra inboard and leg... it's a mess - new floor going in at the moment, but its the engine which is a puzzle, especially in the UK..
Any advice please?

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Hello All - New member from the UK who has just started a project on an 18 foot VIP bowrider with a 4.3 OMC Cobra inboard and leg... it's a mess - new floor going in at the moment, but its the engine which is a puzzle, especially in the UK..
Any advice please?

Advice - Yes. Start a thread in the OMC section about the 4.3. That's the best way to start. This thread is inactive and not many members look at the old threads.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.