New Business Names

Barlow

Lieutenant Commander
Re: New Business Names

LOL ^^^^ :D :D leave it to you NYM.. ;) <br /><br />Yes, I too agree with GF.<br /><br />I'm in a different line of work but referances and repeat clients are what pay the bills.<br /><br />your reputation will carry you.. as said in above posts - stick with something simple thats personable and easy to remember.<br /><br />you're selling 'yourself' as a reputable service..<br /><br /> :)

JamesCoste

Chief Petty Officer

Let me move up there and work for you.<br /><br />Our slogan can be:<br /><br />"It'll Coste you Moore to go elsewhere".<br /><br />Our business name can be:<br /><br />"Coste Moore Auto Repair"<br /><br />Wait, that wouldn't be good.

notinbig

Petty Officer 1st Class

Absolute Automotive<br />Absolute Perfection

aspeck

Staff member

LOF, Tune-up and Moore

dsrchamp04

Petty Officer 3rd Class

hey dave....where ya gonna open your shop...i know t.c. pretty good and was just curious where a fellow i boater is settin up shop?

fireman57

Captain

Moore Value Auto Repair. "You get Moore for less"

SoulWinner

Commander

David, I'm so glad to hear that you are starting your own shop. Being self employed is the greatest thing. We LOVE it.<br /><br />On the downside, you will find that MANY entrepreneurs are conservative. Wait till you pay taxes and you'll find out why.

steve n carol

Chief Petty Officer

and you can add, "You'll always come back for Moore!"<br />Also, if you use your name, you won't have to worry about the 'fictious business name" red tape. Checks can be written to you...sl

steve n carol

Chief Petty Officer

Better service means Moore...<br /><br />alright, I'll leave it alone...sl

mellowyellow

Vice Admiral

I prefer "glittering generality" names...<br /><br />"premiere" auto repair<br />"quality"<br />"pro"<br />"guaranteed"<br />etc...

demsvmejm

Master Chief Petty Officer

Originally posted by dsrchamp04:<br /> hey dave....where ya gonna open your shop...i know t.c. pretty good and was just curious where a fellow i boater is settin up shop?
I just signed a lease today for space at 335 S. Airport Rd W. Behind Bodamer Flooring, beside Sears Service Center. I won't be takign possession until probably July 1, and it would be great to meet you when I open. Even if only to say high to another iboater.

demsvmejm

Master Chief Petty Officer

I agree with all of the sentiments about using my name and standing my my reputation. I just look at the decades old shops in town and don't see too many with family or first names. Also, and don't kill me for this please, I may be taking on a partner. A friend who I worked with for three+ years (but not in the last 1)and I have talked about opening our own shop for most of that time. So I don't think he would want to become partners in David's Auto Service.<br /><br />Some of the suggestions from you guys have been very good, some have been very bad (in a punny way) but all have been very appreciated, as well as all of the advice. And I intend to try and foster repeat/referral business with appreciation to my loyal customers. Thanks from the bottom of my heart.

Laddies

Banned

Moore's Airport Auto Center<br />no fly by nite service

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

Corner Garage<br />The Car Repair Place<br />The Shop<br /><br />or maybe...<br />Better Than Firestone ;) <br /><br />or how about...<br />Not Just Brakes

jsfinn

Lieutenant Junior Grade

What about good ol' "American Auto"?