Neighbors Cat

Status
Not open for further replies.

tomatolord

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Neighbors Cat

Yes you need to develop a relationship with the neighbor about the cat - if you get rid of this one she will just pick up another - <br /><br />There are some animal repellant gels that work real well and last a long time.<br /><br />You may want to build a home for them on your NEIGHBORS side for the cats that way they stay over there, even feed them over there<br /><br />An outside dog is a good idea

Cat3347

Recruit

Harming the cat will come back to haunt you in the long run. It's a little old lady, so if it gets reported.. you will be the bad guy, no matter who's fault it really is. <br />You have to make your property unpleasant to the cat. Try something like this:<br /><br /> http://www.safepetproducts.com/pilot.asp?pg=allcatdeterrents&GCID=S16049x006&KEYWORD=cat+deterant <br /><br />If that doesn't work.. go to your local Walmart and buy a Red Rider BB gun. One little shot to the rump and the cat will associate your property with pain for a long time. A pellet gun is to strong.. and may seriously injure that cat.

eeboater

Commander

Originally posted by jsfinn:<br /> Call the police. It's there job to handle domestic disputes and this is what that is.
I'm going to have to go with js on this one. He mentioned twice that you should go to your local police department. Out of all the recommendations I think this is the best by far. The outcome of all the other options would just cause more waves. Even more than going to the cops. <br /><br />I think that police are in existence to maintain a level of civility in our communities. This is an excellent example of where they can be put to good use.<br /><br />Sean

Reel Poor

Vice Admiral

Just thought I would let you all know I called the Animal Control Officer again. We are going to give it another shot. He brought the trap out again Tuesday evening and so far the cat has eaten three cans of tuna (here we go again) from the trap (remember "smart cat"). Took a little time this evening to lube the trap hinges and linkages. Hope this will do the trick. :rolleyes: <br /><br />On the bright side, the more the cat eats, the heavier he gets, and that is what will trigger the cage. :D

Homerr

Commander

If you didn't get the cat the first time it went in that trap, then either the trap is malfunctioning, or you are setting it wrong.<br /><br />Among cats, coons and skunks, I've caught 3 birds... YES.. BIRDS in mine!<br />They hopped in there and WHAM! tripped the floor pedal.<br /><br />Put the bait in the back of the cage beyond the floor pedal. They have to step on it to get to the food. (I'm assuming of course you have the type of trap that has the little floor pedal)<br /><br />Like this one:<br /><br /> http://www.bestnest.com/bestnest/img_p/HAV-1079_250x188.jpg <br /><br />If the cat is indeed "that smart"... TIE a piece of chicken near the pedal.... Then see how smart he is. The cat will play he** trying to make off with the chicken and hopefully trip the pedal.<br /><br />H.

Reel Poor

Vice Admiral

Ahhhh....The grease job worked. I caught a female kitty last night. As I was getting ready to leave for work this morning I noticed the cat in the trap and you wouldnt believe there was a twin sitting ther on the outside of the trap looking in at his buddy. I called animal control, they picked up the trapped cat and left the trap for round two. <br /><br />Homerr <br />These traps (furnished by the county) have been abused and are well used, rusty, and just hard to trigger. These cats are not large so they just arent triggering the pedel. Hopefully I will get the other cat tonight.

CalicoKid

Lieutenant Commander

...and tomorrow night there will be two more...<br /><br />Getting rid of a cat just makes room for another. Good luck with the situation but cat proofing the boat makes more sense to me. I've trapped and removed a lot of cats from two properties and there is an endless supply of new ones. I like cats personally but can't stand them hunting birds and the like in my yard. I get 'em with the paintball gun now. Scares the crap out of them and sends them home with an obvious sign (paint) for the owner, if there is one, that the cat has gotten into trouble. Fun too btw!<br /><br />Also, I believe it should be unlawful to allow a house cat to run outdoors, but it's not. Go talk to town hall if ya got the time?

Reel Poor

Vice Admiral

YEEEEE HAWWWWW<br /><br />Caught the male cat last night. ;) As of now there are none to contend with. But as sure as im writing this my neighbor will replace them. :rolleyes: <br /><br />I think im gonna invest in a trap of my own. Maybe with a NEW trap I can keep-up with her. :D <br /><br />Thanks for all the replys and suggestions. I was tryin to be as humane as possiable about takin care of bussiness. Again, thanks to all and I think im gonna go fishing for the rest of the day. :D :D <br /><br />Hope I dont catch a CATFISH :eek: :eek:

Drowned Rat

Captain

Congrats RP. You went out of your way and handled that well. Have fun fishing! :D

dakk1

Chief Petty Officer

What does one of those traps cost? I have a tom cat in the neighborhood that sprays everything. Whew!

jsfinn

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Can't the lady go to the shelter now and reclaim her cat?

ratracer

Petty Officer 1st Class

What did the animal control officer do with the cat? Is the owner going to be fined?

BoatBuoy

Rear Admiral

Originally posted by jsfinn:<br /> Can't the lady go to the shelter now and reclaim her cat?
My daughter found a little black kitten in a box in a parking garage. Someone left it with a note hoping someone would find and care for it. <br /><br />She brought it home on a Friday. Told her we couldn't keep it. Monday, she took it to the shelter. By Tuesday I was persuaded we should keep it. Cost me $80 to bail that cat out. Actually, a good deal if you want a cat. $80 included shots, ear mite treatment, worming, neutering, chip under the skin, and belly tattoo.<br /><br />She may be able to get her cats back, but I'll bet it'll cost her.

Homerr

Commander

A cat-size trap will cost you around $50-$60<br />Get them at your local hardware/feed/animal store. Or order one over the internet (Ebay etc...)<br /><br />IF... and I repeat... IF you have skunks about, ALWAYS place the trap in a place the skunk can't reach, but the cats can !!<br /><br />Have fun!<br /><br />H.

Reel Poor

Vice Admiral

Originally posted by ratracer:<br /> What did the animal control officer do with the cat? Is the owner going to be fined?
The cats went to jail. :cool: <br /><br />She wont be fined because there is no way to prove the cats belonged to her. They did not have any identification tags or rabbies vacination tags so there is only my word to go on. Although I do have a picture of the cat eating on her front pourch. Im just not going to pursue it.<br /><br />As far as im concerned its over for now. ;) <br /><br />BTW I didnt catch a dam thing this afternoon. We ran from the rain alot more than we got to fish. :( At least I did get to go for a boat ride. :cool:

jsfinn

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Sounds like you just got two 15 pounders earlier this week...I wonder if you can smoke cat the same way you smoke fish...?<br /><br /> :D :rolleyes: :p :)

monoshock

Petty Officer 1st Class

pissed_cat.jpg
:) :D

Status
Not open for further replies.