Need more chatter in here people!

TeamPCBeach

Seaman
Re: Need more chatter in here people!

Had a great couple of days out in the boat. For the last two trips my wife had the helm and I just observed while drinking a cold beer. She did everything except put it back in the slip due to a very crowded marina and she has not had a chance to practice yet.

I feel for you folks getting your boats in the water while still in pants and jackets. We had water temps in the high 80s F. Very nice to jump in and set the stern anchors.

Here is one shot of the boat and another shot of a fella that came up to have a look at the Doral.
2011%252520Boat%2525202011-05-07%252520002.JPG

2011%252520Boat%2525202011-05-28%252520046.jpg

Chevyboy454

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Love your boat! Like your new friend too! What a great shot!

Rick.

mrchev

Petty Officer 2nd Class

went to put boat in on Thursday.a little late on getting it ready and doing some minor upgrades. put it in the water and went to move it to my slip and she stalled again and again. pulled her back out and brought it home.(bummer):mad:. So spent the weekend pulling drive to find out lower shift cable seized. (common problem). well i was there i checked gimble bearing. found a exhaust shutter laying in the bellow so replaced those also, replaced the boots and the water pump,:eek: might as well get it all done and out of the way since this is a new boat to me.so i am thinking i am good for a while:rolleyes:. will try and get it in the water this week and get some pics to post. cant wait to hit the open water:D. hope all had fun in the sun this weekend, was great weather for it.

G

Lucky you mrchev I can't put mine in until I finnish fixingand fiber glassing the floor and the trailer lights and brakes done. :( BUT some day this year I just might get it wet.

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner

Lucky you mrchev I can't put mine in until I finnish fixingand fiber glassing the floor and the trailer lights and brakes done. :( BUT some day this year I just might get it wet.

How is the floor coming along ???

BSAFlash

Petty Officer 1st Class

G'Day all,

The weather must be good over there... All quiet on the list!
Been raining and blowing up a treat here. Have just purchased a secondhand Stainless Steel table (end section off a SS BBQ) and am now making up some brackets to clip onto my stern rail. I have been putting up with BBQ tools and food sitting on plates on the boarding platform for the last few years which was less than ideal. On New Years eve I lost a guest overboard as he tried to cross from one boat to another side stepping the snags and steak as he went:eek: Not a good feeling watching someone disappear beneath the surface!

G

I got a lot of the floor done yesterday but am side tacked for a little while because the wife had to have another surgery because the doc didn't get all the cancer the first time 3 weeks ago. BUT she said it was no big deal she got the rest out today. So maybe I can finnish the floor this week as long as I can find someone to do the fiber glassing (any vollunteers please :redface: ) because I am alergic to it. Then put carpeting down, pull the boat off the trailer and finnish the brakes off and the light wiring. THEN WE GO FISHING WOOOOOHOOOOO!!!!

Chevyboy454

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I have to work this weekend and next weekend we are in Niagara (takin the kiddies to Marine land :) ). Sorry man. Unless you want to trailer it here and I can do it after work some night this coming week? Figure if you were to leave your place at 3 or so you would be at my place when I get home after work and we could have at it and get er done. Up to you..

Cheers Rick.

Shoot me an email chevyboy454@gmail.com

G

Thanks Chevyboy454 but I bit the bullet today and did the rosin coating. I will do the fiber stuff next week after my arms clear up a little. That paper suit,mask and gloves are SOOOOO hot, I think I lost weight just from wearing them :facepalm: I will be trying to get the boat done so I can can do some fishing by the end of this month HOPEFULLY :D

BSAFlash

Petty Officer 1st Class

Just returned from Hawaii to the wettest July in over 50 years!
Not sure why I came back... Good to see those from Canada and Northern US splashing about though.

I am about to get stuck into my winter projects. A new table for the transom rail, new drives and possibly new top covers as they have shrunk to the point where the velcro only just reaches at the joints between each peice, allowing water to run along the seams and into the cockpit in 3 places.
I am also looking for a new DVD player, they all seem to have moved away from the in car CD style to either much larger units with inbuilt screens or they have pop up screens.

G

MAN IS EVER DEAD IN HERE "AGAIN" :( Anyone home or are we all gone on vactions??? NO ME! I am stuck home because of a fuel problem on the boat. :eek: Stupid thing doesn't want to go over half throttle just dies out and then restarts. :mad: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA I wanna go boating.

JBF 1962

Chief Petty Officer

How old is the fuel? Did you pull and inspect any or all of your spark plugs? They'll usually tell you a good story. Mines been running awesome and I found a new way to save wear n tear on the trim tabs, put the boy and his buddies on the bow :pDSC01924.jpg

G

Been threw 2 tanks of fuel already without a single bit of problem then all of a sudden this happens (I always use Stabillizer when the boat sits for any length of time). Plugs were new last year ( ran only 4 hrs) carb was rebuilt same time as new plugs put in. I filled my truck up at the same time as the boat and no probs there! I am lost for what is happening right now :confused: I took it into my local marine mechanic and he is still trying to get to it as he was swamped with 4 of us there at the same time, I guess I have to wait my turn in line to what he comes up with.

JBF 1962

Chief Petty Officer

Hey Ric, did you ever resolve your problem? Got kinda quiet on the "chatter" thread

TeamPCBeach

Seaman

A couple of photos of a quick upgrade we did on our 300SE. First photo is of the mirror, which doubles as access to the back of the helm electrical. We removed the mirror and added a very light weight LED TV. TV is mounted on a low profile, quick release mount so the TV can be pulled off and set up on the helm for watching football while out on the boat.

2011 Doral 300SE 2011-01-29 021.jpg2011 Boat 2011-09-25 003.jpg

JBF 1962

Chief Petty Officer

It's once again gotten somewhat quiet on this thread, can't let it die though as it's almost 1 year old XD My Dorals been ashore and blocked up for a couple of weeks now, just got tarped this weekend. Hows everyone elses doing?

BSAFlash

Petty Officer 1st Class

Haven't checked in for a while!
I head off on the Prostate Cancer rider on Saturday, been very busy getting my 1952 BSA ready to go.

Weather improving here but haven't had the boat out for 4 weeks:eek: Longest dry spell since I've had it!
I bought a new cheapy polishing machine to do the decks... But haven't been down to the boat in daylight since I bought it:facepalm:

If anyone is interested, I will be posting photos from the ride each night on the Long Ride member site.

http://www.freewebs.com/longride2010/apps/profile/79785357/

TRK81

Cadet

Looks great. Im thinking on mounting on where the mirror goes into the rope locker forward on my 250 sc. Are you running an inverter or dc while out on the water? What type of antenna system?

BSAFlash

Petty Officer 1st Class

Haven't checked in for a while!
I head off on the Prostate Cancer rider on Saturday, been very busy getting my 1952 BSA ready to go.

Weather improving here but haven't had the boat out for 4 weeks:eek: Longest dry spell since I've had it!
I bought a new cheapy polishing machine to do the decks... But haven't been down to the boat in daylight since I bought it:facepalm:

If anyone is interested, I will be posting photos from the ride each night on the Long Ride member site.

http://www.freewebs.com/longride2010/apps/profile/79785357/

Finally uploaded the photos of the ride...:)
Now back to the boat, new polishing machine is still in its box! looking forward to the new mirror finsh on the decks when I finish:D

Shamfarlango

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I was beginning to think there were only a handful of Canucks on here. The more posts i read the more i find. It's great to see.
Especially surprising was someone in Belle River! I'm a Kingsville guy.

I still have an old Doral. No idea what model it is. 15' tiller drive boat. It's seen better days, but it has a brand new trailer under it. Not sure what i'm going to do with it yet. Contemplated teaching myself glass work on it, so I have a better idea what i'm doing should I need to do it on my cruiser.