Need Ideas for 25' Carver Montego remodel

kevs_gone

Cadet
So we have a 1990 Carver Montego 25' that we have spent most of the last 4 years bringing back to life. New power plant, extended swim platform, new carpet, seats, almost everything. We have changed the cockpit layout to better suit our needs and have decided that we are going to convert the v-berth to the primary sleeping area, since we never use the dinette and the low ceilings in the area make it feel cramped. So this leaves us the small sleeping cave in the rear that is now unused space.
I would love to hear ideas on how we should use this space, instead of just letting it become a catch-all junk space. We weekend at the lake and are not really pressed for storage, but this is a lot of real-estate that is now available for some other upgrade/re-purpose if I had an idea on how to use it.

Your thought and suggestions are needed!

Thanks,
Kevin

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
Re: Need Ideas for 25' Carver Montego remodel

I always liked the small rear "sleeping cave" for putting the kids in there on my buddy's '88 Montego twin-cabin.

However it has been used for canvas storage and cooler storage for long trips. My suggestion is to walk a few boat shows and get some ideas.