Need help with a Sea Nymph

photojonny

Recruit
I just picked up an older Sea Nymph model# 12A, serial# 2A10189. I found it at a garage sale, and it's in great shape. The styling looks fairly old, fins on the side, etc. and I can not find anything that tells me how to read the serial number to know its age. Can anybody point me in the right direction? Thank You!

Lundman

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Need help with a Sea Nymph

I just picked up an older Sea Nymph model# 12A, serial# 2A10189. I found it at a garage sale, and it's in great shape. The styling looks fairly old, fins on the side, etc. and I can not find anything that tells me how to read the serial number to know its age. Can anybody point me in the right direction? Thank You!

Well,the only thing I can tell you would be to go over to the Sea Nymph boat
specs board,start with the earliest model year they list,work your way up 'til
you see the 12A,and go from there. When you get on this forum,you will find where it says "Sea Nymph boat specs" right under "Sea Nymph boats for sale"
photojohnny. I spend alot of time searching the specs for Sea Nymph boats
from prior model years. This may take alot of time to do,but if you are willing,it may be worth the effort to see what you find out. That is the best I
can do to help at this point. In fact,I just may search for it myself and see what I come up with just for the heck of it.

Lundman

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Need help with a Sea Nymph

Well,the only thing I can tell you would be to go over to the Sea Nymph boat
specs board,start with the earliest model year they list,work your way up 'til
you see the 12A,and go from there. When you get on this forum,you will find where it says "Sea Nymph boat specs" right under "Sea Nymph boats for sale"
photojohnny. I spend alot of time searching the specs for Sea Nymph boats
from prior model years. This may take alot of time to do,but if you are willing,it may be worth the effort to see what you find out. That is the best I
can do to help at this point. In fact,I just may search for it myself and see what I come up with just for the heck of it.

Photojohnny;
I just came from the Sea nymph boat specs board and in 1976,it lists a
Sea Nymph 12A Cartopper. Now,it does not list any serial number,but I would just about guess this could be what you have. Look on the side of the boat
and see if it says 12A Cartopper,...if it does,...then this is what you DO have.
According to the specs,your 12A came out in '76. I do not see any thing listed for a 12A before that. I sure hope that I have helped in some way.