NBA Friday Night Brawl

tylerin

Commander
Re: NBA Friday Night Brawl

Originally posted by 12Footer:<br />
Originally posted by tylerin:<br /> Finally!!! Some excitement in early season basketball. I loved it. Its this guys fault....that guys fault , who cares whens the next one :D
That is what scares me.
12footer don't take me serious, and don't be scared ;)

POINTER94

Vice Admiral

I have to say that Stern came down, he came down hard, and if he holds his gound he may have an impact on future players. Otherwise this is probably chapter one of a sad tale that will be a long tired story. <br /><br />Really points out what happens when you send little boys in big bodies into the mean world of stardom. They don't need agents, they need parents and REAL friends. Fame is a disease not a blessing.

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

Originally posted by tylerin:<br />
Originally posted by 12Footer:<br />
Originally posted by tylerin:<br /> Finally!!! Some excitement in early season basketball. I loved it. Its this guys fault....that guys fault , who cares whens the next one :D
That is what scares me.
12footer don't take me serious, and don't be scared ;)
LOL. Not that kind of 'scared'. And I didn't take you serious, just the topic subject. I take it very seriously. It's our path that has me Scared for my grandbuddy's future. Unless society starts powering itself with Pokemon pellets, and cars bounce-off of thier surroundings, not harming the occupants, and gangstas don't shoot at you while driving said bouncy car, than he is screwed.<br /><br />But if not, than all will be right with the world, and the planets will remain in thier orbits.<br />As long as we are not governed by our TV's---hey wait....I forgot about Dan Blather and Oprah....Maybee it is too late for him.<br /><br />But the boy doesn't go outside much, even when he visits me and grandma 12Footer...He just comandiers one of our computers for the duration.<br />I haven't been fishing with him since last New Years Day.<br /><br />Then, there is his obsession with Basketball and NASCAR. What a contrast there! "Donn Arested" and "Little-E".

NYMINUTE

Captain

Originally posted by oddjob:<br /> I really hate the fact that they were throwing perfectly good beer away...!
Great line oddjob, thanks for the levity.

tylerin

Commander

12 footer. I honestly don't think athletes have changed that much. i can remember as a kid one of my idles was a linebacker named Mike Curtis, A fan ran on the field and he gave him a forearm shiver that knocked him on his butt and the crowd went crazy. I've seen Peter Jacobson in the PGA tackle a streeker to the ground and everyone cheered. In my eyes what has changed is the politically correct attitude the media and the majority of people have for the athletes these days. The word fan comes from "Fanatic". The fellow that stabbed Monica Seles in the back and virtually ruined her career did no jail time. PROBATION?!!!!! Cmon make it a crime to go onto a playing field. Do you really think **** Butkis or Ray Nitske(SP) would have allowed somebody to throw beer on them, and if they retaliated than everyone would have said "They're Tough" Make it a crime!!

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

I am sick of seeing the video clips on every news and talk show time after time after time.<br /><br />Spectators are out of control in most pro sports, shouting things that would start a fight every time in another setting, throwing stuff and in any way they can attempting to provoke players.<br /><br />I am an advocate of the point of view that deliberate provocation is equivalent to assault.<br /><br />I do not believe that buying a ticket and a few beers gives license to assault players.<br /><br />Certainly the players behaved badly and must be punished.<br /><br />What I object to most is the popular notion that spectator behavior was normal and acceptable. Some of those drunken jerks should have been hauled off to the slammer (along with the offending players).

KaGee

Admiral

Originally posted by mattttt25:<br /> let's relate it to the iboats crowd.... you're sitting in your outboard repair shop doing your thing, and some customers are behind the counter. as they walk around your shop, they look at the parts you are selling and toss out profanities left and right. then one of them throws a cup of soda and hits you square in the face. what do you do?<br /><br />no wait, we all know outboard repair mechanics are nothing but street hoods. and their customers are nothing but drug dealers, racketeers, etc.
Matt, buddy, whatcha smokin there dude? :confused: <br /><br />Fox news had a bit on this morning, according to them, around 40% of current NBA players have rap sheets... i.e. police records, not record albums.<br /><br />AND<br /><br />Supposedly the guy that threw the beer (btw, it was a plastic cup, ewww, that had to hurt :rolleyes: ) has a rap sheet too.

NYMINUTE

Captain

Rap sheets and Rap albums. There isn't a NBA player that knows how to wear a ballcap. At $50.00+ a ticket...I don't think so. What happened to professionalism in any sport?

Carphunter

Commander

Not that it really matters Kenny, but Artest was laying on the scorers table when a fan threw a cup full of beer in his face, not popcorn, thats what provoked Artest to go into the stands. <br /><br />.......and again, i'm not taking up for these players, 'cause I don't really care much about the NBA, but, these guys are getting paid big $ to play basketball, not have a bunch of crap thrown at 'em. Seems that some of you think that just because someone makes a lot of money, its ok for people to throw stuff at 'em. :confused: That just don't make no sense to me. <br /><br />I still think that everyone involved should be held accountable, not just the players..........just because they have a lot of money.

jimchere

Petty Officer 1st Class

You can pay me a few million...heck about a few hundred thou..., I'll do it for my current modest salary...a year. I'd be more than happy to accept an occasional splash of brewski or iced beverage in the face. <br />Lost touch with reality; the case of pro athletes. They haven't a clue. By the way, how about some REAL penalties?

spratt

Lieutenant

This thing kind of makesm e wonder about the old Roman Gladiator days...the crowds tossd challenges out to the fighters and did all they could to make them want to go out and fight till the death of one or the other...a blood thirsty crowd, sort of like sports fans nowadays who are doing the same thing...shouting, throwing stuff, acting like children I think...no, actually children know better...

Barlow

Lieutenant Commander

just one question to you guys bashing the players ..<br /><br />they put up with this shiet all the time.. <br /><br />think you guys have pressure to preform at work??...HUH! .. a flash in the pan in comparison.. just a meere glit you taste.<br /><br />amazing is the ignorance I see posted here.. <br /><br />actually makes me sick!!!<br /><br /><br />they should shoot the idiot that threw the crap .. kill his wife and any freakin' offspring to stop the genetic ramifications...<br /><br />gross is the time we live in!! ..just gross..<br /><br />------<br /><br />*side note* - we the general public are paying their salaries by buyin' into it... <br /><br />with out the fans buyng tickets, jerseys, toys, or anything else endorsed by the NBA, its players and teams... there is no NBA... <br /><br />POOF .. GONE

BoatBuoy

Rear Admiral

I could care less about the NBC (or is it NAB or NBA). I think they ought to chain the doors closed, turn on the cameras, and sell the result to the WWF (or is it the WFW or the VFW) for airing on ESPN (or is it SPN, or SPF, or CSPAN). That's my opinion and I'm stikin' to it.

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Originally posted by BoatBuoy:<br />I think they ought to chain the doors closed, turn on the cameras, and sell the result to the WWF (or is it the WFW or the VFW)
It's the WWE thank you very much. :D :D :p

tylerin

Commander

Quote from Jimchere: I'll do it for my current modest salary...a year. I'd be more than happy to accept an occasional splash of brewski or iced beverage in the face. <br />
I wouldn't let somebody belittle me for a penny. I've got more pride than that

NYMINUTE

Captain

I wonder if the punk that tossed the brew would consider doing the same to DubbaU if he passed by? What would the penalty be for that? If he tossed at me, well I'd be wet, and he would be breathing through his P***er. Just depends on the status of who gets wet I guess.

KaGee

Admiral

Originally posted by SBN:<br /> It's the WWE thank you very much. :D :D :p
Well, at least we know up front that what you are watching is FAKE ;) and what you are paying for is the SHOW!<br /> :p :D <br />
10_9_207.gif