name two things like to see changed in USA

crab bait

Captain
mine would be ..<br /><br /> health care for all..<br /><br /> an no taxing of interest ( already taxed money )

POINTER94

Vice Admiral
Re: name two things like to see changed in USA

Smaller government.<br /><br />Equal rights for everyone. No preferentials

demsvmejm

Master Chief Petty Officer

Pointer, I agree. :eek: :confused: Imagine that!<br /><br />May I suggest we start the first by getting rid of baby bush? That is not a threat, I wish him no ill will, just don't want him as president, si let's sned him back to Texas, and not on vacation.<br /><br />Otherwise, I can't think of any other two.

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

Place term limits on ALL elected office seats.<br /><br />Bush is fine... It's Kennedy i can live without.

dtherrien

Petty Officer 1st Class

Something everybody should realize is that most of the problems in this country are to some extent are own faults. The goverment along with corperate america keeps taking from us....and we just let them do it with no resistance at all.<br />So two things i would like to change are:1. For americans to get some backbone and stand up for what they want. 2.To get rid of career politicans that have been corrupt from day one.

pjc

Lieutenant Commander

yep, term limits...got them for the President, why not Senators and Congress? Maybe the Supreme XCourt as well. And a whole lot of career politicians feeding off the trough just to continue employment.<br /><br />Popular vote rather than the Electoral Vote. This would encourage Candidates to actually stump for my vote.

cvinroot

Seaman Apprentice

Originally posted by David L. Moore:<br /> <br />May I suggest we start the first by getting rid of baby bush? That is not a threat, I wish him no ill will, just don't want him as president, si let's sned him back to Texas, and not on vacation.<br /><br />
Do you mean impeachment? If not, term limits will take care of that. The Republicans better get on the stick to see if they can find a replacement. Otherwise we might end up with a "Kennedy" UGH :eek:

QC

Supreme Mariner

What a really tough question . . . hmmmmm.<br /><br />1) A constitutional ammendment banning spouses of previous presidents from running<br />2) A constitutional ammendment banning any additional constitutional ammendments

pjc

Lieutenant Commander

As a further note, I do believe that today folks are disinterested in entering political life. Too many negatives. Those folks who choose not to are deciding based upon the negative crap they will endure. <br /><br />IMO, those who do enter politics do so for the reason of personal financial gain, and the pump factor that will blow their egos sky high.<br /><br />Bottom line is that the political career as we know it is fubar. Much like professional sports. Lot of real bad draft choices out there.<br /><br />Just my opinion, as some here may have kids or acquaintances in political science college.

KRS

Banned

When did George W. Bush have a grandchild? Last I heard his two daughters haven't given birth. So.... don't know who baby Bush would be.

BLU LUNCH

Lieutenant

Repubicans and Demorcats and act like we are united for one reason,the good of our great nation.......and stop cutting each other up.......

BLU LUNCH

Lieutenant

Repubicans and Demorcats and act like we are united for one reason,the good of our great nation.......and stop cutting each other up.......

QC

Supreme Mariner

Ya know, I am still thinking. Of course my post above was tongue in cheek.<br /><br />I'd really like to thank Crabby though, again, this is an awesome question, and it would be an awesome responsibility to have that kinda power. So I am gonna keep noodlin' . . .

Link

Rear Admiral

Hmmm<br />Number 1:<br />I think when a person retires at X age, they should be able to fish in any legal place to fish in the United States without buying a out of state license for the state they are in as long as they have Legal Fishing License from the state they live in.<br /><br />Number 2:<br />Same for hunting.

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

1)Well paying jobs for everyone<br />2)Everyone wants to work hard and play hard<br /><br />Ken

pjc

Lieutenant Commander

OK, for fun:<br /><br />(1: simplify the IRS, basic tax law for the citizens as well as small business. <br /><br />(2: disable the "social interest" groups that have the current legal ability to enter into my life. Taxers in the interest of "serving" the disenfranchised, and the like. Example: tax on my land line phone bill so some di*ck he$ad in the mountains can have a phone or internet access. Move by me if ya want that service and pay for your privilidges yourself MF.

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

All politicians get paid minimum wage (Why not? we pay for all their expenses anyway)<br /><br />Terrorism to be dissolved.

pjc

Lieutenant Commander

to SS: great point, a good portion of the politicians are very wealthy before entering office<br /><br />least the pols I am aware of.

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Originally posted by pjc:<br />....Popular vote rather than the Electoral Vote.....
A prime example of what transpires when one falls asleep in US History 101. :mad:

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Originally posted by crab bait:<br /> health care for all..
Oh boy. Three governments couldn't even figure out how to evacuate New Orleans and Crabby still wants the G'ment to run this nations health care. :rolleyes: <br /><br />...and hey Crabby, why not free food for everyone too? Just as essential a 'right' as healthcare isn't it? :eek: <br /><br />You'd do well to go back and revisit the Founders.<br /><br />"A government big enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have ..." Thomas Jefferson, Second President of the United States of America