name two things like to see changed in USA

D

DJ

Re: name two things like to see changed in USA

Kinda weird how no one said anything about abortions, gay marriage, or school prayer. Maybe those issues arent really that important????<br />
Very important. I just don't like being stoned to death.

mattttt25

Commander

1. mnf starting at 8pm.<br />2. license requirements to use the self serve checkout at the grocery store.

QC

Supreme Mariner

KIZ,<br /><br />Yeah, I was serious. I don't like wage controls. Let business sort it out, when businesses aren't trustworthy they get the unions they deserve. When businesses behave properly, thier workers are happy and the business improves.

brother chris

Commander

1). No more toll highways<br />2). Less polution.

Elmer Fudge

Lieutenant Commander

Originally posted by JamesCoste:<br /> 1. Force every citizen, who is capable, to visit a third-world country (I recently spent 9 days in the remotest portions of Nicaragua) to see just how good we have it in America and to be thankful for God's blessings on us. This would happen at, say, age 18, prior to them being able to start college. <br /><br />2. Add a computer chip to our driver's licenses that contains important information about us. Instead of completing forms with the same information on it, the license is swiped and we are done.
I agree, with the exception of the info on the drivers licenses not being important but being relevant.<br /><br />There are lots of an individual personal info that should remain private, unless that individual deems it to be otherwise.

bosavy

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Stop policeing the world, we need our soldgers at home.To many laws [liberals]that take away our rights from being americans

Skinnywater

Commander

1. "None of the above" on election ballots. If "None of the above" wins it disqualifies those on that ballot from running again that season. A new campaign and election process is completed in 45 days.<br /><br />2a. End all forms of corporate welfare. Taxpayer subsidies and corporate tax shelters. No special interest/protectionist legislation.<br />2b. No Corporate lobbying or campaign money. Close any and all loop-holes in 2a,b.

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Originally posted by Skinnywater:<br /> 2a. End all forms of corporate welfare. Taxpayer subsidies and corporate tax shelters. No special interest/protectionist legislation.<br />
1a) Corporate income tax is a joke. Who in heIIs name do you think pays it? Japan has no corporate income tax. How do you think corporate income tax helps American exports. Wake up people and quit trying to play the He/It is richer than me game so he must pay his/its 'fair share'.<br /><br />2a) Eliminate tax loopholes and the IRS by going to a simple flat national retail sales tax. They can't easily manipulate it, like they can with income tax and it will stop governmental social engineering.

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

Quietcat, I see you point. I dont like wage control either.<br /><br />My idea was a dream, not a mandate.<br /><br />But just think of all the jobs that would be created if everyone was making 50K minimum per year.<br /><br />Ken

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Originally posted by Quietcat:<br /> KIZ,<br /><br />Yeah, I was serious. I don't like wage controls. Let business sort it out, when businesses aren't trustworthy they get the unions they deserve. When businesses behave properly, thier workers are happy and the business improves.
QC, I'm sure that you meant to include 'minimum wage' as a part of 'wage control'? Do you know how many kids (of all colors and shapes) would be hired if it were not for the outrageously high mandated minimum wage???<br /><br />This liberal democrat BS, that the minimum wage needs to be a 'living wage' is doing far more damage than good.

stan_deezy

Lieutenant Commander

Originally posted by eeboater:<br /> You're just jealous, Stan... :D :D :D
You got me sussed eeb :D <br /><br />and it was strictly T-I-C cos I don't want to start another war of independence :p

Skinnywater

Commander

Corporate income tax is a joke. Who in heIIs name do you think pays it?
Who in he11s name do you think pays what they don't? At least level the playing field.<br />If you spout that "America is based on a free market society", then at least get honest with it.<br /><br />There isn't a private business in a "free market" that needs or deserves tax payer handouts. <br />As sure as a free market is allowed to work profitable exports will go to the company that works for it. <br />If they can't compete there will be one made that can.

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Originally posted by Skinnywater:<br />
Corporate income tax is a joke. Who in heIIs name do you think pays it?
Who in he11s name do you think pays what they don't? At least level the playing field.<br />If you spout that "America is based on a free market society", then at least get honest with it.<br /><br />There isn't a private business in a "free market" that needs or deserves tax payer handouts. <br />As sure as a free market is allowed to work profitable exports will go to the company that works for it. <br />If they can't compete there will be one made that can.
Skinnywater, you too must have fallen asleep during Econ 101. Corporations do not pay taxes, their customers do. In fact we pay them twice if we are stockholders and consumers. Once when we buy their products and contribute to their bottom line and once when the corporation pays out it's profit to the share holders in the form of stock dividends.<br /><br />How can we have a legitimate discussion when the electorate is so ignorant of basic economic principles.

Wimperdink

Lieutenant Junior Grade

1. A winning lottery ticket in my hand.<br />2. More boats in my yard.<br /><br />Hey it would happen within USA :D