name two things like to see changed in USA

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral
Re: name two things like to see changed in USA

My two wishes would solve many many problems.<br /><br />Crime, health care, poverty, welfare, government spending, taxes, etc.etc.<br /><br />Ken

QC

Supreme Mariner

KIZ,<br /><br />But how?<br /><br />Boomer,<br /><br />IMHO you're closer to the issue I was pondering. What, if anything would improve the US? I continue to marvel at the foresite of our founding fathers. A major tweak could be devastating.<br /><br />Still mullin' . . .

pjc

Lieutenant Commander

boomyal, why should I not expect a canditate to sell themselves to me for my vote?<br /><br />quote myself: "Popular vote rather than the Electoral Vote. This would encourage Candidates to actually stump for my vote."<br /><br />boomyal quote: "Originally posted by pjc:<br />....Popular vote rather than the Electoral Vote..... " and boomyals reply: "A prime example of what transpires when one falls asleep in US History 101. "<br /><br /><br />why on earth did you choose to edit my post and quote what you did? Liberal Democrats use this technique to sway opinion. Did You?

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

#1.. Secure boarders.... (We CAN DO!)<br /><br />#2.. The system/way of life formerly known as Welfare would be replaced in large part by Workfare... Welfare only for those who can not work because of legitimate physical or mental handicap, AND the afore mentioned persons will be entitled too better benefits than what the system currently allows......(We CAN DO this too)<br /><br />I don't think that is asking for too much...

QC

Supreme Mariner

pjc,<br /><br />Boomer's post did not unfarely represent your post. The Electoral College does matter. It eliminates the most populous States from invalidating middle America's vote. I don't think he was unfair. Maybe harsh, but not unfair. Little tweaks matter a lot. This is why I think this is a huge question. Makes it more fun!!!<br /><br />Remember, I am from the L.A. area. Do you want my vote to be even more powerful?

Realgun

Commander

Cement plants actually owned by Americans and more cement too. Seriously!

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Originally posted by pjc:<br /> why on earth did you choose to edit my post and quote what you did? Liberal Democrats use this technique to sway opinion. Did You?
Pat, I seperated them because they are unrelated subjects. The Constitution, for good reason, mandates that your State cast it's ballots for the leader of the Republic. Your State then directs you to tell it (thru your vote) how to cast it's ballots (electoral college) for the Federal leader. If you don't understand that concept, then I repeat, you should go back and take US History 101.<br /><br />EDIT: Didn't mean to pile on Pat. I hadn't noticed that QC had answered, above, on my behalf.

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Dump the IRS<br />Seal up the borders.

stan_deezy

Lieutenant Commander

Two things? <br /><br />Only two things? :D <br /><br />Oh well here goes:<br /><br />1. Revocation of your independence and revertion back to being a colony.<br /><br />2. Currency changed back to pounds from dollars<br /><br />3. DOH! see I told you two wasn't nearly enough :D

Triton II

Commander

Nice one Stan!<br /><br />1. An education system pointing out that the USA is merely a part of an ecosystem called planet Earth... not the unelected ruler of it.<br /><br />2. Put Bill Gates in gaol for defrauding the human race. :rolleyes:

QC

Supreme Mariner

Originally posted by Boomyal:<br /> Dump the IRS<br />Seal up the borders.
Now that's getting pretty close. Maybe a flat tax and make the country available only to LEGAL immigration. I don't see how those two really mess anything important up. Good stuff Boomer!!

dogsdad

Lieutenant

Originally posted by crab bait:<br /> mine would be ..<br /><br /> health care for all..<br /><br /> an no taxing of interest ( already taxed money )
Why stop at health care for all? If we go there, we may as well have dinner for all, housing for all, paychecks for all, PhDs for all, Acuras for all, gasoline for all, electricity for all, computers for all...hey, this is EASY! Look, everyone, UTOPIA!!<br /><br />^%^$&%$#!<br /><br />The two things I would get rid of?<br /><br />1. collectivist ignorance<br />2. collectivist deception<br /><br />I think about 30% of America would have to either relocate or simply disappear.

alden135

Lieutenant Commander

Originally posted by Triton II:<br /> Nice one Stan!<br /><br />1. An education system pointing out that the USA is merely a part of an ecosystem called planet Earth... not the unelected ruler of it.<br /><br />
1. An education system pointing out that the US should not have to carry the water for the rest of the world. Cut off all military, and economic aid to ungrateful nations and spend it here instead.

Baldguy

Petty Officer 2nd Class

1. Return to isolationism (kind of what Alden said)<br />2. Spend our dollars at home to help our own people instead of sending billions abroad.<br />3. Ban the ACLU.<br /><br />Ok I listed three.

24tesla

Seaman

1. Stop all wasteful government spending.<br />2. Stop paying Welfare and Food Stamps to those that really don't need it.

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

Quietcat, not sure if you are joking????<br /><br />Good job equals health care, money in pockets = less chance someone would steal, everyone working means less entitlements = less gov spending = less taxes. Good jobs = less chance for drug addicition. etc, etc.<br /><br />I think there would be a whole lot less *****ing if we could just get everyone in the USA to pull their own weight. A lot of these problems would solve themselves.<br /><br />Kinda weird how no one said anything about abortions, gay marriage, or school prayer. Maybe those issues arent really that important????<br /><br />Ken

eeboater

Commander

Originally posted by Stan_Deezy:<br /> Two things? <br /><br />Only two things? :D <br /><br />Oh well here goes:<br /><br />1. Revocation of your independence and revertion back to being a colony.<br /><br />2. Currency changed back to pounds from dollars<br /><br />3. DOH! see I told you two wasn't nearly enough :D
You're just jealous, Stan... :D :D :D

JamesCoste

Chief Petty Officer

1. Force every citizen, who is capable, to visit a third-world country (I recently spent 9 days in the remotest portions of Nicaragua) to see just how good we have it in America and to be thankful for God's blessings on us. This would happen at, say, age 18, prior to them being able to start college. <br /><br />2. Add a computer chip to our driver's licenses that contains important information about us. Instead of completing forms with the same information on it, the license is swiped and we are done.

jims plan b

Petty Officer 2nd Class

The president and the governor of Florida