My first repair/modification restoration!

5speedhemi

Petty Officer 1st Class
Hello all, well I may as well get started on this baby! I noticed that my swim platform is really loose and I think I found a way to stiff it up before it does damage to my transome or worse yet, cracks it! I don't know what the manufacturer was thinking just to have 2 support legs coming out to support the 20" deep platform. . . but It needs triangulation support especially for my big **s. I have to stand on it to get in and out of the boat with a 10' ladder next to it. I step as close to the boat as I can as no to have a huge amount of weight/arm/moment stress on the brackets and transome. Tell me what you think?
Starcraft back.jpg

I bought 4 of these to put 1 on each teak platform corner and secure it to the transome.

swim platform bracket.jpgswim platform bracket side view.jpg

I know! I know! the pictures are little! The overall length is 24" and the diameter of the brace is 1" stainless steel tube. The round mounting bases are 4" in diameter with 4 screw holes in each. I think this will give it the support it needs and I will replace the plywood doublers and wide area washers on the inside of the boat where the original platform mounted.

5 speed

5speedhemi

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: My first repair/modification restoration!

I see this thread gets the big whoop award LOL! I got the 4 brackets coming and ahould have them next week. They are new surplus from a Four Winns dealership. I didn't find any that were even near this quality for the price. Regular flat stock stainless steel was 90 a piece plus shipping. I got all 4 including shipping for 155.00. It was either invest in brackets, remove platform, or replace transome plywood because it was compressed and now the bolts were loose and allowing the aluminum to flex and eventually crack.

5 speed

Rickairmedic

Commander

5speed you done good on those brackets they should shore up the swim platform just fine :D.

Rick

Robert4Winns

Petty Officer 2nd Class

That sounds like a killer deal on those brackets. I would like to add a swim platform to my boat and have been searching for brackets, but I have not found anything that cheap. I'm looking forward to seeing pictures of them installed.

5speedhemi

Petty Officer 1st Class

Yeah and if you like them, I can give you the Four Winns dealership information and maybe they can find some for you at that price too!

5 speed

Peteco

Seaman Apprentice

Sure, I'd appreciate the info. I have a 1988 Ebbtide Campione I want to build platforms on (outboard) and while I plan to laminate then glass and seal a nice platform I am having trouble finding support posts for them. I'll need 4 as well.

5speedhemi

Petty Officer 1st Class

When I get them I will drop you the info. I was out playing in the boat yesterday after work and started looking at the plywood on the transome. It's got to be replaced. As much as I want to deny it... suck it up and get to wrenching! I found mushrooms growing back there :eek: !

5 speed

5speedhemi

Petty Officer 1st Class

Hey guys, I got the tubular stainless steel brackets and they won't work for my boat.:mad:. The geometry isn't there for them to mount to the transome and the teak platform. I need about 6 to 8 more inches of transome to mount them or more teak! These are definately awesome quality. If any of you think that they would work for you let me know and I'll let you have them for what I have in them, otherwise I will send them back for a refund.

5 speed