My 84 4winns horizon 195 project.

Pmt133

Chief Petty Officer
Wow what a great job and so glad the pix are working again so we can see the finished product. About the noise I wonder if it’s the exhaust flappers; when I changed my exhaust from the one piece batwings to the 2 piece conventional exhaust the flappers did make a bit more noise at times which sounded like an engine knock just about drove me nuts. Finally found it with a mechanics stethoscope on the Y pipe…
It sounds like wailing a block of wood with a sledge once. Honestly maybe something floating in the water both times?

Lou C

Supreme Mariner
Check the engine mounts; could the engine be shifting slightly under torque?

Lou C

Supreme Mariner
I forgot does yours have the balance shaft or not? The pre balance shaft units came with pretty soft front engine mounts I know on mine if you watch closely you can actually see a slight up n down movement at idle speed. Even with the “even fire” crankshaft….

Pmt133

Chief Petty Officer
Congrats, looks great! Also nice job on how quickly you finished.
Finished is a stretch. I have a small punch list to take care of still. Bow rail fittings, cabin needs to be upholstered and resealing the windshield/rub rail. It's fine for now but still needs some stuff done. But that stuff was always going to be done at a later time.

todhunter

Canoeist
Congrats. You worked at an insane pace to get it done in only 68 days. Good luck on the upcoming SOTY competition!

Pmt133

Chief Petty Officer
Congrats. You worked at an insane pace to get it done in only 68 days. Good luck on the upcoming SOTY competition!
68 working days. Figure over how many months but still, pretty incredible pace given some days I wasn't starting until 10 and calling it quits at 8 or so. I don't think I worked on it past 21:30 once. And that also counts days I only put in an hour or two and left. Any day I was there counted.

TripleJGraffis

Petty Officer 1st Class
Dang!!! This is awesome! Now this is progress! She's beautiful!!! Congrats on getting this far and so quickly!!! Can't wait until I've gotten this far!!!!

Pmt133

Chief Petty Officer
Managed to spend a few hours on the water today as well. She's running flawless. Wanted to get some prop testing data but my new prop requires a flat anode it seems.

Pmt133

Chief Petty Officer
So I haven't pulled the plug since my first launch. There is a puddle in the bilge and it's salty. Nothing major, maybe a cup but annoying none the less... Looks like I have some investigating to do. I am assuming it is from the engine at this moment in time.