Andy in NY

Commander
Re: my 68 Starcraft Holiday project

well..
Carb rebuild (6 months)
Lower impeller (2 to 3 months)
Hmmmmmm....guess that about it..

All times estimated on my recent progress of course:eek:

all you gotta do is call in sick one day and its done!

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

Todays update.
Got new plugs & an Oil filter and some of that SeaFoam super duper junk to put down the carb..

I fired her up, got her warm and put the sea foam down in the carb, she blew out a bit of junk, then I throttled her up and saw the high speed accelerater jets squirtin fuel like they should..Maybe there is some truth in that stuff..

Put her in forward, outdrive spun the prop well..put her in reverse and work perfect as well...

Jump down to get a smoke outta the garage and saw the hose to the muffs broke off and laying on the driveway..NO WATER!!!

I grabbed it and held it in place..stuck there..couldnt drop it, by the time I would have got back in her and shut off the motor...there may be some damage!

I'm sittin there on the ground holdin the hose, listening to my motor idle.
She sat and idled for a good 20-30 mins without so much as a hic cup..
Water was still coming outta the prop area, so I think I am OK.

MIL finally came out and asked what I was doing sittin on the ground!
She held the hose while I shut the motor off..geeeez

When I was puttin the new plugs in, they all gave me a helluva time. Rusty, corroded..ya know..neglected!

PB blasted em and actually snapped my extension trying to get one out..
A little rubber mallet work freed em up..One plug snapped all the ceramic...so I tried to dig out the broken pieces with my soft fat finger..

Got a nice deep 1/2 inch cut for my efforts that bled for a good 30 minutes..

Gonna go get a new muffler flusher at wally world along with groceries..Gonna make lasagna for dinner..lol

May try a limited test run tomorrow...may call in sick and do it Monday..either way ladies and gentlemen...there is finally some light at the end of this tunnel!

wvmedic

Chief Petty Officer

Sounds grate Kevin, glad to hear the good news.

Jeff.

Rickairmedic

Commander

Ok wheres the dang videos :D. Lasagna has to cook for a while once you get it put together plenty of time to go out and shoot some video of her burnin gas in the driveway :D.

Rick

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

Tell ya...looks like its gonna be dark before I make it home...diane asked to stop at bealls dept store and I didn't bring the 45 to mover arse along....
What's with women...seriously...they get in a dept store and they think time magically stands still....:mad::mad::mad:

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

Sounds great Kev. Do yourself a favor and when you buy new muffs, get the nicer kind that shoot water out of both sides.

Andy in NY

Commander

kev, you made my night. i can picture you sitting on the ground with the hose!

nlain

Commander

I knew you could do it. :D I think I would let it run a little when you first put it in the water before taking off just to check out the impeller, if it ran with out water there is a good possibility that it is bad, with the hose hooked up it could have pushed the water through to the engine. Not trying to bust your bubble just don't want you to take off and have to get a tow back.

Rickairmedic

Commander

Tell ya...looks like its gonna be dark before I make it home...diane asked to stop at bealls dept store and I didn't bring the 45 to mover arse along....
What's with women...seriously...they get in a dept store and they think time magically stands still....:mad::mad::mad:

LOL Kev she is getting even with the boat for taking all your time this morning :D she wants hers now ;).

Rick

coolbikeguy

Chief Petty Officer

talk about a video .... i wish there was 1 of kev sitting onthe ground, holdong the muffs and just hoping someone soons comes outside ... LOL.... i hope the splash and dask works out good for ya kev. let us know

wrfalpacas

Chief Petty Officer

ROFLMAO! That would have been a good pic with you holdin the water on! Hope there was no damage, agree about checking the impeller.

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

Couple of vids from this morning before the rain hit..
Not cinemaphotography's best..but you nuts will watch anything :D

The plug change seems to have made a nice difference..All in all I'd say she's doing allright..

Now just to get this prop churning some water!

Rickairmedic

Commander

She sounds really good Kev looking forward to the video of the bow bouncing in the surf :D.

Rick

Huron Angler

Admiral

She sounds really good Kev looking forward to the video of the bow bouncing in the surf :D.

Rick

I agree, that will be nice to see:)...I'm also still waiting for a picture of the rig with a whole contingent of bikini girls like the '67 brochure Holiday;)

tev2229

Seaman

Kev,

Just read through this thread and it was amazing to see the transformation! I am now suffering from project envy! I bought a 67 Starcraft Imperial a few days ago...fiberglass but it is a solid boat.

I loved your paint job, and will probably do the same for the interior. I did not see in the thread, but where did you get your bimini top? I am looking to get one, and can't seem to find any for my odd-modeled boat. I was thinking that the Holiday size might fit, but not sure.

Anyway, hope your maiden voyage, whenever you do get around to it, goes smooth and without trouble. Best of Luck!

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

Thanks!
It has been a somewhat slow process (if you ask these other guys..lol)
Are ya going to start a thread on your boat? I hope so if ya haven't allready!

I was lucky and the Bimini came with the boat..It is the only one I have come across that was over 7 ft tall under it..So I just got lucky!

Thanks for the kudos..there's lots of other guys on here that have done a helluva better job than I have..Not many, but a few :p

Ok..everybody has done a better job..LOL

tev2229

Seaman

I started a small thread asking basic questions, but I will get some pics together and start a real resto thread. I'm sure I'll need everyone's help. I'll have to join the SC club! I've been watching the local Craigslist (Upstate NY) for the right project boat, at the right price (I'm a college student on a budget!:( and finally this came along. It won't be until around November when I start work on this winter project, it's fishing season now and I have a small 14 footer to carry me around.

Has anyone ever seen an Imperial before? A 2000lb fiberglass behemoth...I hope the 150 mercruiser can push it! :eek: it looks just like your holiday.

Enough about me...

Any thoughts on painting your trailer to match the boat? You could paint a nice arrow out of that too :D.

SCHRECK

Seaman

Kev. it sure sounds great now sea trial video and the bikini girls Peter (lol)

Rickairmedic

Commander

I started a small thread asking basic questions, but I will get some pics together and start a real resto thread. I'm sure I'll need everyone's help. I'll have to join the SC club! I've been watching the local Craigslist (Upstate NY) for the right project boat, at the right price (I'm a college student on a budget!:( and finally this came along. It won't be until around November when I start work on this winter project, it's fishing season now and I have a small 14 footer to carry me around.

Has anyone ever seen an Imperial before? A 2000lb fiberglass behemoth...I hope the 150 mercruiser can push it! :eek: it looks just like your holiday.

Enough about me...

Any thoughts on painting your trailer to match the boat? You could paint a nice arrow out of that too :D.

Tev Kev's trailer is galvanised no need to paint it ever :D ( one of the things that makes them so nice ) .

Rick

Status
Not open for further replies.