Multi function display

wirenut75

Cadet
Hi there. I've got a 2017 Tohatsu 115TLDI and I'd like to add a multi function display in order to read engine data. Does anyone have any recommendations about which display works best with this engine?
I called Tohatsu and asked the same question but they were reluctant to recommend a display other than their TOCS display, which is nearly $1000.
Thanks!

dingbat

Supreme Mariner
Hi there. I've got a 2017 Tohatsu 115TLDI and I'd like to add a multi function display in order to read engine data. Does anyone have any recommendations about which display works best with this engine?
I called Tohatsu and asked the same question but they were reluctant to recommend a display other than their TOCS display, which is nearly $1000.
Thanks!
Not a bad price at all if it’s plug and play. Otherwise you need a Gateway plus a Display

The “best” MFD depends on what functionality it’s required to support. If your intent is only engine gauges your probably better off with a digital gauge package from the manufacturer

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
Most Depth finders running NMEA2K can ve used as an MFD

Agree above. $1k is cheap if it's plug-n-play

wirenut75

Cadet
Thank you for the responses. If the MFD was a combo fish finder I could justify the price (in my mind 🙃) but I only would like engine data.
I did come across this: see picture.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221016-111034_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20221016-111034_Chrome.jpg
    534.1 KB · Views: 7

dingbat

Supreme Mariner
Thank you for the responses. If the MFD was a combo fish finder I could justify the price (in my mind 🙃) but I only would like engine data.
I did come across this: see picture.
It would work but looking at the docs its does way more than basic engine data.
I would be concerned with the "ease of use" of the HMI interface. Not a fan of "push button" menu structures