Mr & Mrs Claus go camping

airshot

Rear Admiral
We'll be pointing the 🚍 south on 1/29. Leaving the snow belt for a couple months. Will be staying at Gulf Shores S.P. Although, as of today this is what very northern WI looks like, crazy..
View attachment 392961
What snow belt, here in Ohio we haven't had enough snow to even sweep the sidewalk in years !! I gues that if I want snow, I need to sell my snoblower first !!

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
i got to about two sheets and gave up. getting old

Wife on the left. Our fake daughter always comes for a couple days to chill this is first year without the fake grandkids so it was a bit different, but some things remain the same. matching pj's, i wait on them the whole time and every blanket in the house ends up strewn about the house even without the kids. They call it 'in house glamping, servant included'. lord help me.

1703593792082.png

garbageguy

Lieutenant Commander
Ya, gotta be very careful going out on the Lake up here in the Adirondacks this year. Gotta try a little before having some Family time inside Camp.
BML 122323.jpg

stresspoint

Lieutenant Junior Grade
what are you guys complaining about "" its too hot here in 'Perth Western Australia' to go boating "" ,38c Xmas day.
cant wait till it cools a bit , looking at temps above 30c for the next couple of weeks.

nice glamping set up there Scott Danforth even my missus would go camping with that set up :).

happy holidays and all the best to all for Xmas and new year...

KJM

Lieutenant
what are you guys complaining about "" its too hot here in 'Perth Western Australia' to go boating "" ,38c Xmas day.
cant wait till it cools a bit , looking at temps above 30c for the next couple of weeks.

nice glamping set up there Scott Danforth even my missus would go camping with that set up :).

happy holidays and all the best to all for Xmas and new year...
I've never seen anything over 30C here in my life, nor do I want to! People here complain about it being too hot once it hits 25C, I have a few uncles who hate anything above 18-20C!

WIMUSKY

Staff member
If your trip passes you thru nashville, we are an hour south and three min from the highway. Nice rv park in the woods right close as well. I'll fire up the egg and throw on something fun.
What park is that?
We usually stay at Stoney Creek Travel Park in Cornersville..

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
30C is fairly cool..... This summer it was 34-36C here for most of 2023

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
We ll then wave to the east about 30 miles past 840 and also let me know if that strip club at the border is still open....

WIMUSKY

Staff member
We ll then wave to the east about 30 miles past 840 and also let me know if that strip club at the border is still open....
It's been closed for years. Nobody could miss it. There was a Motel 6 right there too. One year we were extremely tired from traveling and stopped there to get some shut eye. We left after 5 minutes.. The name of the club was kinda hilarious..

DeepCMark58A

Commander
The trumpeter swans are back, we did have 7" of ice now we have open water in the middle and the ice by the shore is melted back about 10'. The 3" of rain over Christmas and temps in the upper 40's didn't help.

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Resorts are shutting down access points due to all the rain.... I guess people are venturing out after dark even tho holes in the ice are expanding. Saving people from themselves... 🙄

KJM

Lieutenant
The trumpeter swans are back, we did have 7" of ice now we have open water in the middle and the ice by the shore is melted back about 10'. The 3" of rain over Christmas and temps in the upper 40's didn't help.
Where's this to? Up here in NL, I noticed the pond I drive by everyday was iced over for the first time this year, pretty thin though.

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Check this out. I wonder if the transport was part of a resort... They usually are unless it was privately owned...

📸 Look at this post on Facebook