mighty mite.....made by muncie

nwcove

Admiral
did any of these motors come with a wooden box carrying case? motor is turquiose in colour.

JimS123

Fleet Admiral
Re: mighty mite.....made by muncie

did any of these motors come with a wooden box carrying case? motor is turquiose in colour.

Most of the Mightys I've seen had either red or maroon tanks, with the bulk of the motor being silver or gold. Peter Hunn's "THE OLD OUTBOARD BOOK" makes no reference to a case, though that doesn't mean they didn't have them.

Interesting to note that they came out in 1954, but were produced well into the late 1970's.

Attachments

• IMG_1072.jpg
    IMG_1072.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 0

nwcove

Admiral

quote from a doug penn article " Model 500 was an updated version of the WC1. This new model had a Tillotson diaphragm carburetor and
the side covers to accommodate that change. Motors have been seen in both gold and the less common
turquoise color. "

not sure if im going to pick the motor up, but was very curious about the wooden carrying case the seller says is included. it spots for the tiller handle, and a spare handle, a place for two rope starters and other misc items. (hard to tell from the pics if it is something original to the motor or not )

JimS123

Fleet Admiral

What's the asking price?

nwcove

Admiral

price is high $200, supposidly the motor runs great (as always), but from the pics the motor looks pretty clean. (i have a liking for the little motors....just not sure on this one)

JimS123

Fleet Admiral

I only paid $35 for mine, and it does run great. If the one you're looking at has lower cowls its a newer one and worth less.