Michigan to chicago trip help!

Dick Sorensen

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Michigan to chicago trip help!

Jserb......check on this web site......continuouswave.com.... boater is out of your neighborhood.....lots of Lake Huron travel....but check out his logs regarding summer trips going back years....the one that really brings back great memories is the one on The North Channel....I've only been up there once but the memories are fabulous...it's like visiting Norway & Sweden....the Columbus Power & Sail Squadron did a trailer boat tour 2 years ago and are planning one either in 2011 or 12. Non-members are invited. Last time we had 6 boats....

JasonCarp

Cadet

If you do the Les Cheneuax/Drummond/North Huron area, I would take the boat through the Soo Locks. It's on my list, whe I get my new ride.

Keep boating this year and you'll learn even more how to ride the waves with that boat.

Great pics by the way.

Jason

DECK SWABBER 58

Lieutenant Commander

Great story. Enjoyed the "lake view" skyline pics of the city I was born
in. Got to go way out when I was kid on friends of my parents boat.
I think it was moored in Belmont. It was a ChrisCraft with twin 327
chevy engines. Guess that gives away my age !!

What a great adventure crossing the lake. I'm going to add it to my
"bucket list".

Right now I'm putting around in my little 10 horse 16' jon boat 300
miles from Chicago.:)

tswiczko

Master Chief Petty Officer

I also had a thought to add a small hand held mirror to my ditch bag

I have one on each pfd and a whistle

Well done on the safe trip. great pics. I hope you get to do the Lake Saintclaire trip. I have that and the Erie islands on my itinerary for next summer
Stay Safe.

mnewb1

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Those are some very cool pictures. I lived in Chicago for 4 years in the mid-90s. Still love that city!

jserb

Chief Petty Officer

We go to Put In Bay at the end of the month(we do this trip every year), i will document that trip as well incase people want to evnture out to the eire islands.

Below is a photo of where twe will go on the trip Grosse Ile (home) to Put In bay

pibtrip.jpg

jserb

Chief Petty Officer

also thought i would add a map of where we went on this trip to Chicago incase some do not have a visual in there mind..

chicagotrip.jpg

tswiczko

Master Chief Petty Officer

I have to trailer the boat to Toledo area before I can put in on Erie, but we go out of Luna pier and across to PIB and if we have to we steer clear of Camp Perry.

When I was a kid my uncle used to take us fishing near the intake walleye and for perch in Sandusky Bay. That was in the late 70's thru the 80's.

year before last was my first trip back there in over 2 decades, first place we went was PIB and took the kids we had a great time.

jserb

Chief Petty Officer

I think i am going to start a new post Thread about the Put In Bay trip, i dont really see any on here and i think it would be a good information for other captains in case they want to take the trip out to the Eire islands, stay tuned!

jserb

Chief Petty Officer

Jun 2011- ahh just took a moment and reread his thread....i remember this trip like it was yesterday; amazing almost a year ago now....check out our new adventure this year to lake Ontario and the 1000 islands...i need all your commentary on this one boys!!