meth

fixin

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: meth

The pills are the main ingredient---no pills-no dope.

rwise

Captain

Here they put all (dry) ephedrine based products behind the counter and you have to show ID to get it. If you buy to much, you get investigated. That sh!t (meth/crank) is a real menus, just devastating to the idiot taking it. As far as I can tell it is everywhere, when we live in N. CA it was as bad there as here. I hate to say it but my little brother is in prison for making the stuff, and I hope they keep him!

Ron G

Commander

talking about cost if you have a rental house and your tenants are busted with a lab,the owner is responsible for the cleanup if theres a septic it needs to be removed and all the dirt has to be sent out and detoxid,they been doing the thing were you can you only buy so many packets of medcine at a time and the hardware stores wont sell chemicals without an id .its a true alot of this has to do with homelife and that some parents dont keep trck of there kids,but this is a problem thats going to effect everyone in way or another.

LadyFish

Admiral

Another thing I learned while working in social services is that meth users once diagnosed as addicts can draw disability. This infuriates me that tax payers have to foot the bill to rehabilitate them for as long as it takes. :mad: <br /><br />I don't know if this is a County, State or National benefit for them but it really should be stopped.

bubbakat

Captain

Here you can go in a store and ask for the ephedrine. You can only buy so much of it.<br />Then your name is entered into a data bank and it will pop up over excessive buying.<br /> We know this helps because we started this program a little over a year ago and the final count came in june 1st. Meth lab busts are down 59.2% from the year before.<br />We had three local cookers that decided they would go to Ala. To get their ephedrine and got caught by the ala law so the merchants are becoming educated on what to look for.<br /><br /><br />Rwise we caught several people here from cal that were teaching the local cookers on how to cook. <br />As always a new fad came from cal.<br /><br />Kenneth I don't see how that can happen because the law reads on the amount of dope they are caught with. Not on a conviction. Some prosecutor some where dropped the ball.

Nos4r2

Lieutenant Commander

What's meth? is it amphetamines or crack? You guys use a different language to us...

ndemge

Commander

Bad here too. MO just passed a law that you have to sign a log to buy the stuff. They need to tweak how everything is setup though. Only the dry form of ephedra is used to make meth. Everyone at my house was sick a few months back. I stopped by walgreens to get meds for everyone, Baby has one type, 5yo has another, I like nyquil, wife likes tylenol cold... and it was on sale, so got 3. Get up to the counter, and lady says, sorry, you can only have 3 items. All liquid meds except the one. epxlained to her, I'm not making meth, I don't care what your policy is, I'm buying this stuff..... told her, I'll go to the car and come back in and make another purchase, but I am leaving with it.<br /><br />Now, ya know what, this $6 and hour employee listened to me and sold me the stuff. I was glad, as I was sick and wasn't in the mood for it. But just shows, what if someone that was cook'n did the same thing, gets pushy and they just cave,

Ron G

Commander

nos4r2 ,meth or crank is a drug that is klike speed itll keep people up for days at a time,no sleep makes these people crazy paranoid they start picking at there skin the chemicals used starts with ampetiatimenes and the red stuff off mathches they also use red devil draincleaner starting fluid,and some acids little bottles of propane.highly addictive a paper said that 90%of people after the 2nd time tring it are addicted.

crab bait

Captain

this country has been lettin' drugs in for years an years ..especially the inner cities.. <br /><br />'get 'em stungout an then control 'em '.. <br /><br /> dealings an bribes all up an down the gov chain..cause it's BIG MONEY.. <br /><br />sure,,, bust few big ones.. here an there.. <br />( the ones who didn't play the game the way they're supposed to ) 3 to 4 times a year..<br /><br />when was the last time you's heard/seen any anti-drug propaganda on the media...

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Originally posted by Fixin:<br /> The pills are the main ingredient---no pills-no dope.
Absolutely not the case Fixin. This is just another feelgood piece of legislation that will not make a dent in the problem.

rwise

Captain

When they busted my brother this last time, he was quoted saying that he did not need the pills to extract from he could make that to! Like Crab Bait said, grease some hands and you walk free. They really need to get this stuff off the streets. I have seen more "adults" on it than kids, maybe I just haven't been around that many kids. Bust a few "big boys" and the rest go underground (hide out) and keep making it. Maybe we should legalize reefer, tax the hell out of it like alcohol and cigarettes, then use the money to educate our kids, and fight the stuff thats a real problem! just a thought.

bubbakat

Captain

Educate the public on this and it will help.<br />The Governor of tenn has started a program for just this. I myself have went to big stores like wal-mart and so on just to tell the employees what to look for.<br />Noel if that clerk had been caught caving in to intimidation like that she would have been charged.<br />It is going to take everyone to help with this problem.<br />Not just the government doing programs it is going to take John Q public keeping his or her eyes open and calling someone to tell them about your suspicions. People don't mind calling in on the cell phone to report a officer speeding so why not use that time to report suspicious activity.<br /> Are all of us going to play ostrich and bury our heads in the sand and pretend it don't happen in our neighborhood.<br />Step out the door and count four houses down. The statics say every fourth house in a Urban neighborhood has illegal activity going on.

Ron G

Commander

thats the thing about it is that most of its users are in an rural areas,dont know how to say this but its mostly a drug caucasions use the innercities deal with crack cocaine the rurals deal with meth. use to be people would grow weed now they make crank,like bubbacat says probably a some one close to were you live is doing it that why everybody has to get involved.

jamesgreen

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I was in a discussion group with a local leadership organization and the TBI was there. I asked the question "what are the drug manufactures doing to help?" he said nothing but there is a Sutafed on the market in Europe that you can not make meth from. The problem is going to get worse when we start to see the health problems of the children that have been around this sh&%. I also know the county medical examiner and man the stories he could tell you are horriable. there is a cd the college and a group of local citizens put together here it is called Meth=Death I know there is a web site and I think this is it. http://www.metheducation.com/ or http://www.meth-is-death.com/Contact.asp I have seen both and they are both disturbing. EDUCATION will help alot but we all have to get involved.

SoulWinner

Commander

The other day I was talking to my next door neighbor. I had noticed several girls had been around his house lately, two teenagers and a 9 or ten year old. Turns out, they are his grand daughters. His son and DIL were busted on numerous charges involving meth ingredients and child neglect. He was a mule, carrying the ingredients in a secret compartment in the bottom of his truck. So far he is refusing to roll on his suppliers and buyers, so he will get the maximum 15 year sentence. They were also users, so maybe a little time in jail will clear his head and he will roll on the folks running the lab. <br /><br />Anyhoo, now my 60 something year old neighbor is raising his three grand daughters. Poor bastid!

bubbakat

Captain

Thanks for posting that link james. I knew it was on but couldn't remember the url.<br />I had forgot one small poin it makes in there. Roches have lasted for thousands of years but to this day I have not seen a rat or roach inside a meth cookers house.<br />It cost the tax payer 5500 dollors a lab to clean one up. If it is on rental property the owner has to clean the property up before he can rent it again.<br />We ain't talking soap and water here either.<br />If you have or knbow any one that rents property out please tell them to go and inspect it at least twice a month.<br />You have a right to do this under the prevenitive maintance law.

jamesgreen

Petty Officer 2nd Class

bubbakat your welcome. I figured it would be good to get them out there for people to see. One more reason not to have rental property.

fixin

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Originally posted by Boomyal:<br />
Originally posted by Fixin:<br /> The pills are the main ingredient---no pills-no dope.
Absolutely not the case Fixin. This is just another feelgood piece of legislation that will not make a dent in the problem.
:confused: How can it not?<br />It's the only thing that they must have to make the stuff.The only other option I see is making it all in liquid form.

bubbakat

Captain

By making the pill hard to get in large quantities here in tenn. Our state wide lab findings were down by 59.2% from last year

Skinnywater

Commander

Out here if a house was involved in "cooking" it has to be disclosed to any potential buyer for the life of the home.