Mercury Sport Jet 90 Engine Problem need advice

aksor

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Mercury Sport Jet 90 Engine Problem need advice

I'm addicted to my boat could not keep away from the water so I was out yesterday too for a few hours tubing then jumping waves with a few jet-skis. It was a lot of fun and the boat is awesome I love the way she turns on a dime but you better hang on :) Its only 90 hp 16.5' boat but she is quite capable, I wish I had a 120 or a 175 in her but its good for now.

Trailratethisfx4

Seaman Apprentice

Yeah i too wish i had a 120 or 175, turn sharp on mine i cant gun it and go lol i lose plane and have to wait for the boat to catch back up get back on plane. NO HOLE SHOT AT ALL!

aksor

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I was out this past Monday (Long Weekend in Canada) and after about an hour of tubing I almost submarined the boat, quick hand on the throttle prevented my wife from swimming ;).

when I applied throttle again the engine was reving fine but it kept on cavitating and it looked like it wanted to go but each time it was about to take off it would spit water and bubbles out the jet.

So I figured I must have picked up some weeds, but it turns out that my gate control cable snapped and the gate was just flapping up and down by itself.

I ended tying it up with a piece of rope to get back to dock and called it a day.

Time to order a new cable :(