CobiaXL

Banned
Re: Lower Susquehanna

Anyone know if they put the docks out at long level yet?Thanks in advance

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

Anyone know if they put the docks out at long level yet?Thanks in advance

I'd be interested to know that as well. They weren't in on Thursday the 14th when I was down there with a buddy on his cuddy cabin. We had a fun time launching without the dock at the ramp. Weird because I didn't think they usually bothered to pull those.

I hope to get out tomorrow or Wednesday.

dgopetactical

Chief Petty Officer

middle ramp that separates the lanes is in....

Nice to see another resident of Lewisberry on here.

the permanent catwalk that seperates the ramps was removed by mother nature with the flood. Like cobia said I was told it's back now. I was also told that the sand bar (cove) is all mud now, I hope that's not true, would like to see an update on that.

dgopetactical

Chief Petty Officer

Cobia......do you live in town," big boat in driveway"? If so we have met before...

Denny

CobiaXL

Banned

I'm Not in town,I'm close to Bull Rd.
I do believe you know my uncle "Rick Aucker or his girlfriend Brenda Alert?"

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

I'll be out on Clarke from around 5:30-7PM or so tomorrow (Monday).

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

Had a nice outing on Clarke last night. Current was kinda strong but not unmanageable the the amount of debris was less than I anticipated. I can't believe the buoys and docks weren't in yet. And man the ramps are really deteriorating. Maybe we need to start a polite letter writing campaign to Safe Harbor Power.

CobiaXL

Banned

I was told they needed to wait till the water level comes down to near normal before they put buoys and ramps out..A letter can't hurt though.

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

Sounds reasonable. The letter thing was about ramp condition.

dgopetactical

Chief Petty Officer

I'm Not in town,I'm close to Bull Rd.
I do believe you know my uncle "Rick Aucker or his girlfriend Brenda Alert?"

Yep, that's me boy that was a good guess! How did you pull that one off?
I work with Brenda Albert and have been boating with them a bit over the years, Bush river rays town etc . Rick is a heck of a good guy,,,If you go to their "spook walk" party every year we may have crossed paths. I'm located on e front street between Lewisberry and space highway in newberry twp. About a 1/4 mile east from the blinking red light.
Denny

dgopetactical

Chief Petty Officer

I just got back from a business trip to Hilton head SC, the weather was great in the upper 80's, then I get home to the rain and crappy weather just like when I left. I'm never going to get this boat ready, I need a bigger garage. we are planing to get out over memorial day weekend if this weather ever stops ruining my plans to get things done.
Denny

dgopetactical

Chief Petty Officer

Ezmobee,
Did you get up to Goldsboro yet? Heard the little dock catwalk got taken away from the flood I was just wondering if it was replaced.
Denny

CobiaXL

Banned

Yep, that's me boy that was a good guess! How did you pull that one off?
I work with Brenda Albert and have been boating with them a bit over the years, Bush river rays town etc . Rick is a heck of a good guy,,,If you go to their "spook walk" party every year we may have crossed paths. I'm located on e front street between Lewisberry and space highway in newberry twp. About a 1/4 mile east from the blinking red light.
Denny
I just put 2 and 2 together,I was with them last yr at raystown and they talked of a friend from down my way.I guess you and wife were to meet them up there but something came up and u2 couldn't make it.Nice to meet ya....Hopefully it quits raining someday and we can meet up on the water....

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

Ezmobee,
Did you get up to Goldsboro yet? Heard the little dock catwalk got taken away from the flood I was just wondering if it was replaced.
Denny

Nope not yet. Haven't had the little boat in at all yet. We were just up in Saginaw being river rats and people were putting boats in there! In the summer the "ramp" they were using would have been 50 yards from water! Crazy how much water is in there. I could probably take the Starcraft up to Goldsboro with no issues.

NeedaBiggerBoat

Seaman Apprentice

Just bought a JetSki! My old boat was in very rough shape when I bought it. I got it running pretty good but the hull was pretty much thrashed. So without a boat for a year or two I decided on something new, which was a Ski. Alternatively I would love to have a pontoon in the future so that I can take my dogs along for the ride but im guessing that won't be for quite a while. Looking forward to see you guys at the sandbar that I was always afraid to go to in fear of hitting the rocks and stuff. I found this thread searching for more information on how to get to the sandbar safely as there aren't a bunch of boats out there that I have seen yet. my wife and I, particularly me like to explore new places. What exactly makes the JetSkis annoying? Is it the people who ride them that are inconsiderate and don't know the rules or common courtesies? By the way I live about 10 minutes from Lake Clarke. I'm hoping for a good number of people being there this weekend!

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

I was out all day on memorial day at Conowingo. Water was a little brown and there was an above average amount of debris but nothing too bad. Water temp already swimmable.

NeedaBiggerBoat

Seaman Apprentice

Well....How'd she run for ya?

She ran great! The break in isn't very fun but better times are to come for sure. Ultimately we had a blast but I think I know why people don't like the JetSki guys out there so much. I was getting ready to load it up and go home and there were 4 or 5 of them really ripping on their ski's not very far away from the no wake buoys. They were making it pretty hard for people loading\unloading their boats including me and my wife. I tried to go over to where the sandbar was and managed to suck something up but it chewed it up and all was well no damage after my inspection of the impeller. I putted pretty much idle speed between roockery, washington boro and shad island wondering if there is a better way it got shallow quick! I actually ended up pulling it along and walking for a little bit while in there. Im going to try and do some boating in the bay area, I have heard of a place called Fishing Battery Island I would like to check out down there once I get my GPS back from repair and a saltwater flush kit.