Looking to make my first boat purchase!

tazrig

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Looking to make my first boat purchase!

Its official I am a boat owner! I think I made out pretty good time will tell pics to come. I would like to thank all that helped me in this process. There's no telling what I would done if not for all the guidance. I'm sure I will be on here asking lots of question in the future. Of yea its a 88 and not 89.

Congrats!

emilsr

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Not sure any suggestions?

The rock quarry is "party cove". The marina straight across the lake from there (Moors) has good grub, but run down Barkley a few miles to Kuttawa Harbor Marina for a Rudy burger. You won't be disappointed.

I'd almost kill for one of Patti's 2" thick pork chops right now. :blue:

Congrats on the boat, and welcome to the madness.

Piece715

I'd almost kill for one of Patti's 2" thick pork chops right now. :blue:

WOW! Been a while since I have heard someone mention Patti's! Best pork chops anywhere! I was raised in Paducah and Patti's was a frequent trip.... Who needs cheese sticks when they have cheese logs!

The rock quarry is party cove huh?! My brother and my pops got scuba certified there... said it was pretty neat being able to swim in and out of the old rock tumblers and other equipment that lost when it flooded.

Congrats on the new rig! Smooth waters to ya jermaine!

emilsr

Best pork chops anywhere!

Strong statement, but absolutely true. I've never eaten anywhere that even comes close; is in a class of it's own. Don't forget their flowerpot bread.

When we lived in Elizabethtown we made several trips there (2 1/2 hours each way) JUST to eat at Patti's 1880's Settlement. I once stopped at Patti's and picked up 2 pork chop dinners to take home when we lived at Lake of the Ozarks. The smell coming out of those bags made it the longest 5 hour drive of my life.

Piece715

Ok jermaine I apologize ahead of time and not tryin to hi-jack but a little motivation to maybe try Patti's out

the-2-inch-pork-chop.jpg thumb_600.jpg l.jpg

jermaine

Seaman Apprentice

I been there a couple of times never had the pork chops but I will be trying them next time im around.

jermaine

Seaman Apprentice

WOW! Been a while since I have heard someone mention Patti's! Best pork chops anywhere! I was raised in Paducah and Patti's was a frequent trip.... Who needs cheese sticks when they have cheese logs!

The rock quarry is party cove huh?! My brother and my pops got scuba certified there... said it was pretty neat being able to swim in and out of the old rock tumblers and other equipment that lost when it flooded.

Congrats on the new rig! Smooth waters to ya jermaine!

Thanks, Im from Paducah as well

southkogs

Staff member

Looks pretty good Jermaine. Kinda' stinks that the temps took a nose-dive this weekend. I woulda' been tempted to stick her in and give her a run.

emilsr

Looks good in the pictures. Red is a difficult color to keep up; was it painted or is the the original gelcoat?

jermaine

Seaman Apprentice

Looks good in the pictures. Red is a difficult color to keep up; was it painted or is the the original gelcoat?

Looks to be original I washed it and used the Meguiar's Marine/RV Fiberglass Restoration System kit on it. It worked pretty good.

jermaine

Seaman Apprentice

I don't like the boat name so thinking about changing it. What would be the best thing to remove those letters and also concerned about the imprint or faded gelcoat would still be visible after.

emilsr

If the letters have been on any length of time its going to be almost impossible to remove the ghost image without sanding it out.

Changing a boat's name is also bad juju. I believe there was a recent thread here on the subject.

....But Hustler is another brand of boat, so I'd want to change it too.

jermaine

Seaman Apprentice

If the letters have been on any length of time its going to be almost impossible to remove the ghost image without sanding it out.

Changing a boat's name is also bad juju. I believe there was a recent thread here on the subject.

....But Hustler is another brand of boat, so I'd want to change it too.

He said they have been on there for about a year I was going try some bumper stiker remover. I'll take my chances with the bad juju.

southkogs

Staff member

Not much for the superstition of it myself.

A little heat (blow dryer even) and pulling gently should get it off. Might need a blade to help you get started.

littlerayray

Lieutenant

i purchased my first boat last year i bought a 2012 18' tahoe q4ss with the 135hp i/o i couldnt be happier with it imo its one of the best introductory boats in its class another comparable boat is the stingray with the same type of motor for someone who has never piloted a boat before im glad i got this one it has enough power to get you up and going but not so much that it gets you in trouble ;)