Looking at a new 2502.. HELP!!

2stroke-chad

Recruit
My 2004 2502 w/ twin opti 200's sank this last weekend and I am now looking at an 06 w/ twin 150 verados. my buddy is convinced that I'm going to be dissapointed in the power. The boat is on the east coast, and I'm on the west coast so I will be buying it off of pictures and a survey and not acually able to sea trial it. Does anybody out there have this combination and how do you like it? Thank you to anyone that can share some opion.

frankie g

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Looking at a new 2502.. HELP!!

I can only give my opinion, I don't have that. But I think he's right. by the way how did your 2004 sink?

2stroke-chad

Recruit

The salvage diver thought it was the threw hull or the toilet valve. I dont' know though. The tide leaves it on the beach ( nice flat sandy bottom) as it always does. At 1:00 am she was fine and sitting as she should, we figure the tide would have got back to it a 3:00am and by 6:00am she was upside down. Perfectly calm night. Not a ripple on the water.

DriveJohnson

Cadet

Wow - sorry I am just getting to this...it has been a while since I've checked in. Did you end up getting the boat? Sorry to hear of the boat sinking. Would be very interested to know if there is a final ruling on the reason.

I own a 2004 2502 with twin 150 Opti's...different than the Verados you are looking at, but I'm sure they are fairly close in numbers. WOT I can usually hit around 40-41 with two on board and fairly heavy load (1/2-3/4 tank plus all fishing gear). Not sure what your idea of underpowered is, but this suits me just fine.