Look out Mr and Ms Ladyfish

ehenry

Commander
Re: Look out Mr and Ms Ladyfish

Gods Speed to you all that are in the path of this storm.

jinx

Senior Chief Petty Officer

From National Hurricane Center:<br /><br />HURRICANE RITA TROPICAL CYCLONE UPDATE<br />NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL<br />215 PM EDT WED SEP 21 2005<br /><br />DATA FROM RECONNAISSANCE AIRCRAFT INDICATE THAT RITA HAS INTENSIFIED<br />A LITTLE MORE AND WINDS HAVE REACHED 150 MPH WINDS WITH A MINIMUM<br />PRESSURE OF 920 MB. THIS MAKES RITA A STRONG CATEGORY FOUR<br />HURRICANE. <br /><br />FORECASTER AVILA

KaGee

Admiral

OH MY!<br /><br />She's now a 5 :eek:

QC

Supreme Mariner

Holy Moley!!! KIZ or the Fishes, if you want to ride it out in CA, come on over . . .

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

dang... Looks like she'll landfall as a cat 4 or 3, unless she slows down her speed in the track... <br /><br />Hurricanes typically don't stay at cat 5 or 4 for more than about 48 hours... They "run out of gas" so to speak... <br /><br />LF's, KIZ, Kelton, and anyone I missed... Best of luck, and get outta there...

Reel Poor

Vice Admiral

DAYUM :( Please, anyone in the path of this monster Do Not Under Estimate The Power Of The Wind And Water Im speaking from first hand experiance due to riding out hurricane Katrina. Make the smart assessment and choice LEAVE AND LEAVE EARLY . :eek: :eek: <br /><br />Please everyone be safe. ;)

FLATHEAD

Captain

Good luck to all you down on the coast.

Serentiy

Petty Officer 1st Class

I pray that God be with everyone near the gulf. Today our news said it was a catagory 4, and almost the strength of katrina :( . Our parayers and thoughts are with you. Let us know as soon as you can if you all are Ok. Be carefull and be safe, Get out while you can.<br />Serenity

Serentiy

Petty Officer 1st Class

P.S. ladyfish if you have good walkie talkies or vhf radios that is what my husband and I take along with us when we travel in seprate cars.<br />serenity

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

At 7 p.m. CDT (8 p.m. EDT), the center of Rita was located near 24.5 N and 86.8 W, or about 580 miles east-southeast of Galveston, Texas, and about 680 miles east-southeast of Corpus Christi, Texas. Rita is currently moving toward west at 13 mph and this will motion will continue for the next 24 hours.<br /><br /><br />Maximum sustained winds are near 165 mph, making Rita a strong and very powerful Category 5 hurricane capable of causing catastrophic damage. The storms minimum central pressure, as measured by Hurricane Hunter aircraft, is now the 3rd lowest on record for the Atlantic Basin at 26.55" (898 mb).<br /><br /><br />Official forecasts continue to curve the hurricane to northwest on Thursday and Friday as the high pressure that has been steering the system to the west over the last several days moves east. <br /><br /><br />This trend keeps the entire Texas coast, as well as the Katrina-ravaged areas of Louisiana and Mississippi, threatened with the potential of a land-falling hurricane late Friday or early Saturday.

PW2

Commander

Omigosh 898 mb pressure is lower than Katrina which got down to something like 912 mb<br /><br />This is one monster storm<br /><br />Got a call from my youngest daughter tonite--she's at the Houston airport---Get the H*** out of Houston was all I could think to say.<br /><br />Apparently all the cell signals are busy already, and I had to call someone in Texas (He said he was 15 miles from the coast, and he was evacuating to Austin with his 5 year old son). My daughter happened to meet his wife and two kids at the airport, as they were evacuating to Europe somewhere, and they were unable to reach him by phone.<br /><br />I was able to reach him, let him know that his family was fine, and wish him well. <br /><br />This is downright scary I think.

SoulWinner

Commander

Mr and Mrs Ladyfish may not have much to come to after this one. If you guys need a puppy friendly place to go, our doors are open.

brother chris

Commander

I just want to let everyone know that if you need a place to stay...I have lots of room for all of you. And if I do not have enough room, I will make room!. <br />Good luck Mr&Mrs.Ladyfish and contact me if you need anything. <br />I know I am far away, but want you all to know that there is room for you here, if you need it. <br />B.C.

dolluper

Captain

Hope you guy's have left,being a 5 now some major damage is going to happen

stan_deezy

Lieutenant Commander

Latest news (although from the BBC so take with masses of salt!): downgraded and expected to be "only" a 3 by landfall.......the "only" was in the text report I saw :(

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

Hey guys, we made it New Braunfels. It took 6 hours, should have only taken 4, but traffic was nothing compared to what it is now in Houston.<br /><br />The track right now takes it exactly over Baytown. But it is still early. We'll see.<br /><br />Ken

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

Glad you made it to where you were going, KIZ.. <br /><br />I can only think of one thing worse than that hurricane..... Traffic!... :eek:

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

My brother was trying to get out. He made 9 miles in 3 hours on I-45 trying to get to Dallas.<br /><br />He gave up, now back in Baytown, will try again early early in the morn.<br /><br />Ken

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Hurricane Rita, a Category 4 hurricane, remains a very powerful storm. All preparations should be wrapped up before morning. Initial effects along the Gulf Coast should commence on Friday.<br /><br />Hurricane Rita is forecast to continue on a west-northwestward track through the Gulf of Mexico. A turn toward the northwest is anticipated Friday. <br /><br />Rita should still make landfall as a large, intense, major hurricane with impacts extending well away from the center. Hurricane force winds extend 80 miles away from the center and tropical storm force winds extend 205 miles from the center. Landfall is possible Saturday mid-morning along the upper Texas or southwest Louisiana coast. Residents and tourists in locations such as Port O'Connor, Bay City, Lake Jackson, Freeport, Galveston, Texas City, Houston, Beaumont-Port Arthur, Cameron and Lake Charles should ALL prepare for a very dangerous landfalling major hurricane. Rainfall across southeastern Texas and southwestern Louisiana may exceed 12 inches initailly, but there are indications that the storm may stall for a few days and dump well over 20 inches in some locations. This scenario would create significant flooding. <br /><br />Squalls of heavy rain and gusty winds will reach as far east as New Orleans. In fact, because of Rita's large size, initial squalls (feeder bands)have already begun to rotate into coastal Louisiana Thursday night and continue through Friday. Long before the eye of Rita makes landfall, these same outer squalls containing tropical storm force winds will also rotate into upper coastal Texas beginning on Friday.<br /><br />A hurricane warning is in effect for coastal Texas and Louisiana from Port O'Connor to Morgan City. In addition, a tropical storm warning is in effect south of Port O'Connor to Port Mansfield in Texas and from east of Morgan City to the mouth of the Mississippi River in Louisiana and up to New Orleans.

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

We'll my brother is halfway here to New Branunsfels, so he is out of harms way. He said there are 1000s of cars on the side of the road out of gas.<br /><br />Is is still projected to go about 30 miles west of my house.<br /><br />Ken