Look out Mr and Ms Ladyfish

ehenry

Commander
Rita has her sights set on the Texas coast for the time being. I'll be thinking about yall down there. Yall take care.

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral
Re: Look out Mr and Ms Ladyfish

We will know more by Thursday, I dont get too worried until 72 hours out.<br /><br />I already know what to pack, and where to go. Its a path not too well traveled, so traffic shouldnt be to heavy in an evac.<br /><br />Ken

LadyFish

Admiral

Actually, according to your link, is heading right directly at us. That particular model has it coming into San Luis Pass at the west end of the island, right where we are. :( <br /><br />If you pull a map up of Galveston Island you can see Jamaica Beach (where we live) is only a few miles from San Luis Pass.

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Don't take any chances guys, get out to higher and drier ground.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

LF, should the need arise you and Mr. LF are most welcome to refuge at The Hideout.

brother chris

Commander

JB...you are such a nice person....good on ya :D ;) <br />I hope everyone is going to be okay. My prayers are with you all. <br />B.C.

LadyFish

Admiral

Thank you for all your concern. JB, I have no clue where we'll end up, but thank you so much for extending the offer. I know we will head north and west of where she makes landfall.<br /><br />I believe we'll be outta here Wendesday night. Mr. LF had the lumber company drop off enough plywood to board up the whole house and we are yanking the boat outta the water tonight.<br /><br />For those of you who are tracking the hurricane, this is our position <br /><br />Lat 29º12'N • Long 094º59'W • Elev 4 ft MSL<br /><br />The red dot on the map indicates our exact location on the island.<br /><br />
dvkme8.jpg

D

DJ

LF,<br /><br />You're welcome here too.<br /><br />Can't get much farther from a hurricane than here.<br /><br />Be well, be safe.

KeltonKrew

Lieutenant

I'm about 20 miles north (as the crow flies) of LF. between League City and Alvin....however like LF, we will not be there to see it come in!

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

I am about 50 miles north of LF, just about 2 miles away from the bay. Hince the name, Baytown.<br /><br />We are lucky here in Baytown, we have many alternate routes to evacuate. Due north, north east, and east.<br /><br />You have no idea how many times we have been through this, we got it all planned. Will make a decision after the storm is in the gulf.<br /><br />Ken

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

ick!..... :( <br /><br />I LOVE hurricane season................ Not!....
32.gif
<br /><br />Batten down the hatches, Ladyfishes....

Reel Poor

Vice Admiral

LF,KEN, Kelton, I can honestly say, my house is wide open. :( I just wish I had a place to offer. Yall make the safe choice and be carefull. Even the highways can be hazardous at times like this, so leave as early as possible. Our thoughts and prayers will be with you. ;) <br /><br />Hurricanes suck!!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes: :eek:

KeltonKrew

Lieutenant

Thanks Reel Poor....I appreciate it. I'm extremely fortunate as I have a second house up at the lake about 100+ miles north of here. We were planning a vacation to leave on Thursday for a week up there anyways....so now I'll just take some valuable and items that can't be replaced with me. I have insurance for the rest......Pray I won't need it!

Kenneth Brown

Captain

If any of ya need to I have an area about 100 miles further than KK. 300 acres and 50 acre private lake. Has electricity and water, although water is nonpalatable. Its actually my dads and his sisters. I have 36 acres of primitive camping if it helps also. Bring a small camper or a tent for the weekend. Let me know if anybody needs it.

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

Just made reservations in Lufkin.<br /><br />Once the storm blows by, we have many choices as to where to stay, but thanks all for the offers.<br /><br />I am 99% sure my parents house would be fine, its a real log cabin. My only worry is a large tree. but even then the logs should hold back the trees. They are a considereable distance away from all water, it would take a Cat 5 to get even close.<br /><br />But if there is even a 10ft storm surge with all the rain I am pretty sure my house will flood. I have seen 3 inches of water in my road with a powerful downpour.<br /><br />Ken

LadyFish

Admiral

Our SIL came by yesterday afternoon and he and Mr LF worked till dark boarding up the house. My daughter's house will be boarded up today, she lives about 7 miles from us in town. My sister lives across the bay from us will also be evacuating. She will have to go to College Station according to the evacuation route and they have us going to Huntsville. Our daughter and her family have a place to go in Houston at my SIL Aun'ts house. Rod and I have no idea where we will end up. <br /><br />We are going to try and leave before the mandatory evacuation order is in place so we don't have to go to Huntsville. Once its in place, the will have all lanes of I-45 going northbound, you won't be able to exit the freeway until you get to Huntsville.<br /><br />Since we have the dog, we don't want to be a burden to anyone, so we are going to try and head west and north of the storm and find a place to camp.<br /><br />I'll spend the rest of the day getting ready, taking pictures of the house, inside and out for insurance purposes and putting all our important stuff together.<br /><br />Mr. LF and I will be traveling in two separate vehicles since we can't take the chance of leaving either one of them here. I'll trailer the boat and he'll have the dog and the rest of the stuff. It'll be difficult to stay together so I'm in hopes we don't have any trouble finding eachother one we get to a safe destination.<br /><br />Right now they have the storm going a little more westerly than yesterday, more toward Matagorda Bay. However, they were sure to state that anyone within a 250 radius of where she makes landfall will have hurricane force winds, high tides and rain in a Category 3.<br /><br />If the storm comes in anywhere to our south, it'll be the absolute worst possible scenario for us as far as our property goes. <br /><br />Wish us luck, and we'll catch you on the flip side. <br /><br />Thanks again for your concern.

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

Ken's predicto-meter says its going to Corpus Christi / Brownsville.<br /><br />Ken