Liberals against Christianity???

wilkin250r

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Liberals against Christianity???

Originally posted by jtexas:<br /> wilkin...don't want to detract from your point, but just to point out that the Ten Commandments are also featured in Judaism and (somebody correct me if I'm wrong) Islam.
Well, yeah. Up until Abraham and his sons, Isaac and Ishmael, they were all the same religion.<br /><br />I speak alot against religion on here, but only against it's inclusion in government. I am, in fact, very religous and knowledgable on the subject.<br /><br />The divisions between the religions begin with the arguement over who is the rightful successor to Abraham. His son to the Egyptian servant Hagar, or the son to his legitimate wife Sarah? Even after this, Judaism and Christianity follow the same course until the birth of Jesus, as Judaism does not accept his divinity and recognize him as the son of God.<br /><br />This is just a timeline of how/when the THEOLOGY splits, I'm not sure of the true historical timeline.

Elmer Fudge

Lieutenant Commander

Originally posted by wilkin250r:<br />
Originally posted by jtexas:<br /> wilkin...don't want to detract from your point, but just to point out that the Ten Commandments are also featured in Judaism and (somebody correct me if I'm wrong) Islam.
Well, yeah. Up until Abraham and his sons, Isaac and Ishmael, they were all the same religion.<br /><br />I speak alot against religion on here, but only against it's inclusion in government. I am, in fact, very religous and knowledgable on the subject.<br /><br />The divisions between the religions begin with the arguement over who is the rightful successor to Abraham. His son to the Egyptian servant Hagar, or the son to his legitimate wife Sarah? Even after this, Judaism and Christianity follow the same course until the birth of Jesus, as Judaism does not accept his divinity and recognize him as the son of God.<br /><br />This is just a timeline of how/when the THEOLOGY splits, I'm not sure of the true historical timeline.
Religion has been the bain of mankind from the dawn of civilization, however correct me if i'm wrong, but it is my comprehension that according to the book of Genesis, in the story of Abraham and his sons there is no mention of the Ten commandments.<br /><br />It was not until the story of Moses as written in the Torah, which is over a mellennium later according to biblical scholars, does episode of the Ten Commandments appear.<br /><br />The laws Ten Commandments should supposedly be adhered to by all semitic peoples and followers of their said faiths.

wilkin250r

Chief Petty Officer

True, God gave the Ten Commandments to Moses some 300 years after the birth of Abraham's sons. But, like I said, while this is the theological separation, I don't think this is the actual historical separation. I doubt Isaac went one way and Ishmael the other.<br /><br />I don't know the Torah or the Koran very well, but I know that Moses is mentioned in both. There is never any arguement that the God of Abraham is the same God that Moses followed, therefore the Commandments that God gave to Moses would apply to both religions.

Link

Rear Admiral

Well I said all I had to say on this topic on page one but wilkin, Elmer, DJ, Ralph Boomyal, jtexas, azfyrfyter63 and a host of others. I just dont want to scroll and look up the screen names.<br /><br />When you guys are not argueing but just talking it is amazing how knowledgable you guys are and and really make the subject of religion interesting!for me anyway.<br /><br />Had no idea of King David and his sons actions etc or the timeline of how/when the THEOLOGY splits etc etc <br /><br />If they would teach instresting stuff like that in churches I might even go to one. <br /><br />Good way to end the week.