Lehr outboard motors?

Status
Not open for further replies.

looserivet

Cadet
Does Lehr build their own motor or are they just a side brand of another manufacturer?

In other words, who builds the power head?

matt167

Captain
I think they were their own powerhead. However I think they have been mostly dead since 2017

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
They were bought and promptly closed by the new owners. So to answer your question, they don't buy or build any powerheads.

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
As Lehr OB's are NLA and If you're interested in propane powered motors Tohatsu has one, it's a 4 stroke LPG 5 HP OB model : MFS5LPG

Happy Boating

Attachments

• LPG 5 HP-OB.jpg
    LPG 5 HP-OB.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 4

The Force power

Commander
As Lehr OB's are NLA and If you're interested in propane powered motors Tohatsu has one, it's a 4 stroke LPG 5 HP OB model : MFS5LPG

Happy Boating
There's a couple of them on my lake :) it's a good substitute/solution towards Zero pollution!
(unlike me with my 2-stroke)

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
They were bought and promptly closed by the new owners.
Do you happen to know who's the New Owner. Common practice, buy operational Companies manufacturng good innovative products and shut them down to get rid of your competitor soon after. Money always talks...

Happy Boating

Elkins45

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I bought one of their propane string trimmers. It ran OK but the recoil start assembly broke and I can’t find a replacement, so it’s basically a brick now until I can figure out a way to rig up a pulley to wrap a rope around. The good news is that I learned my lesson about dealing with unknown companies with a $80 weed whacker instead of a $2000 outboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.